Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC terminal moves at CDG; now at T2B (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC terminal moves at CDG; now at T2B (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Stil
Most if not all *A airlines will now be present at T1, making connections much easier for passengers
to/from Canada.
My guess is that it is a joint alliance move, so probably permanent.
If memory doesn't fail me I think CDG has used the pandemic to refurbish T1? Which would make a even better case for a permanent move.

One real negative at T1 was the congestion/chaos at check in. I haven’t been to T1 for years so hopefully it’s improved. The AC check in at T2 was an improvement.
james dean likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Stil

The MLL will for sure not be missed by many. I am looking forward to the *A lounge at T1, it`s a big upgrade!
Where do you get this document from? I see it is a public document.
Do you have other precisions regarding the move back of companies to T1 at the reopening (presumably in december 2022)? Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcheval
Where do you get this document from? I see it is a public document.
Do you have other precisions regarding the move back of companies to T1 at the reopening (presumably in december 2022)? Thanks
It`s not only a move back to T1 for some airlines, it is also a move to vacate T2 A and C. After January 13th there will only be operations from T2 B and D, making T1 the largest terminal in regards to number of airlines handled, according to the link.

Here is a link to a French site with the full overview:

https://thetravelersclub.boardingare...du-terminal-1/
beanie72 and lcheval like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Just wondering about AC's lounge access in T1 after the January move from 2A. . I would have thought the Star Alliance lounge that has been mentioned would be in the Schengen zone. So is there a second *A lounge after emigration control? I notice that UA will also be in T1 so maybe AC and UA will share a lounge?

Also is there any information on the long term plans for T2. After the moves are finished in January 2A, 2C ad 2D will be empty -- I wonder what they plans for those areas are?

I frequently transfer from AC to AF (2A to 2F) so I wonder if the airside bus from T1 to T2 will be re-instated and will be more frequent!
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stanbury
Just wondering about AC's lounge access in T1 after the January move from 2A. . I would have thought the Star Alliance lounge that has been mentioned would be in the Schengen zone. So is there a second *A lounge after emigration control? I notice that UA will also be in T1 so maybe AC and UA will share a lounge?

Also is there any information on the long term plans for T2. After the moves are finished in January 2A, 2C ad 2D will be empty -- I wonder what they plans for those areas are?

I frequently transfer from AC to AF (2A to 2F) so I wonder if the airside bus from T1 to T2 will be re-instated and will be more frequent!
The *A lounge is in the non-Schengen zone. In between passport control and security. SK and LH has lounges in the Schengen area.

With a well funktioning CDGVAL train I think the bus/navette is a thing of the past to/from T1. Just a guess.
As far as I remember it is a long time since it stopped (long before the closure of T1 during corona)?

I'm quite curious aswell in regards to the long term plans of the closed T2 areas.
W126Pilot likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Air Canada Paris CDG terminal change

Anyone experienced the change to Terminal 1 from 2A? good, bad etc.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...changes.html#/
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Yes, this is going to be a significant change after so many years at T2A! AC check-in in Hall 2. Star Alliance Lounge after passport check but BEFORE security (I don't particularly like that). And yes, CDGVAL works very well to connect to T2, T3, airport hotels, SNCF (TGV, high speed train) and RER (train to Paris).

I am told that it is for 2 years...
james dean likes this.

Last edited by run&fly; Feb 3, 2023 at 5:30 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by james dean
Anyone experienced the change to Terminal 1 from 2A? good, bad etc.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...changes.html#/
Went through it a 2 weeks ago; lot more walking compared to 2A and *A lounge is not that inspiring however they have separate section for J paxs. One thing I did like, the duty free was a little better IMHO however I can't speak of the F&B.
james dean likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by beanie72
Went through it a 2 weeks ago; lot more walking compared to 2A and *A lounge is not that inspiring however they have separate section for J paxs. One thing I did like, the duty free was a little better IMHO however I can't speak of the F&B.
Thanx much for the update!!
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Frequent Paris traveller, first time in the new Terminal:

Arrival: Very confusing terminal layout, straight out of a space movie. The terminal first opened in 1974 it looks, so must have been super cool at the time. Now, not nearly as much so. Lots of "help" in red vests to make sure you don't head into lines you don't need to. A lot less walking than T2A to get to the RER, as the CDGVAL is a short distance from the exit and connects right to the T3 RER station. About an hour from airport exit to 2nd arr on a strike day, so pretty convenient.

Departure: T2A could be chaotic at times for passport control to exit, but this was a whole other level... Business class (Access 1) line was 1:10 minutes to get through, regular seemed to go on forever. I heard someone say they had been in line for 1:45 minutes on that side. I arrived at 10am for a Noon flight, and had to skip the lounge and basically walked straight to the gate. No issues with security, the lines were short (everyone was still in the passport lines Terminal and waiting area around AC gate (22) was very nice and a big upgrade from 2A, Starbucks and other options nearby.

Overall, probably a better setup, but a) the lounge being before security and b) the crazy passport control lines made it a more chaotic / stressful setup for the masses.
run&fly likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Looks like AC will be leaving T1 for T2B soon... Looks like the switchover will happen April 18:

run&fly likes this.

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Mar 18, 2023 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:01 pm

Hi all,

Resurrecting this thread to see whether anyone would have had recent experience with our new set-up at CDG T1.

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Hey all,

I went through CDG flying CDG-YYZ last week.

Overall experience of the terminal is meh. The worst most notable part of this is the lounge.

As others have said, the lounge exists after customs and before security. When passing after customs you could miss the lounge entirely if you weren't aware to look for it. Thankfully I had an attendant stop me and ask me if I wanted to go to the lounge. You take the elevator up to the 4th (?) floor. When you arrive they warn you to leave for your flight 1 hour before departure (20-30 minutes before boarding) in order to make your flight.

This is a complete lie - the line through security is so chaotic, full and backlogged - if you were not in business class there is a solid chance you would miss your flight. I predict you need to leave at least 1.5 hours before departure to make your gate on time. The lounge is nice enough, with standard fare and offerings (I don't recall seeing any working spaces, just your usual lounge setup of chairs and eating tables). Overall the lounge is a trap and personally I will avoid it entirely because I do not trust CDG as an airport. The idea of pre-security lounges just makes no sense at all to me.

Perhaps I'm one of the minority however...
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Looks like AC will be leaving T1 for T2B soon...
Any more details?

Last edited by run&fly; Mar 18, 2023 at 5:40 am
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

T1 was for sure not made to handle all "non AF" airlines at CDG, so the sooner AC leaves the better.
I have seen some pictures of enormous lines (more like a sea of people) trying to pass security. Is a joke!

I personally thought that the *A lounge was a huge upgrade from the MLL, but if you mis your flight or have to stand in line for an hour because of the inability by T1 to handle the volume. What's the point?

If AC is moving to T2B and they decide to use the new Extime lounge​ my guess is by the looks of it, that it will be the best lounge offering by AC in Europe (including the MLL in FRA and LHR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.