FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: Codeshare - priority baggage handling - mixed cabins (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2088748-codeshare-priority-baggage-handling-mixed-cabins.html)

TomFlyTalk Jul 28, 2022 8:49 am

Codeshare - priority baggage handling - mixed cabins

Hello everyone!

Flights FRA-YUL-LAS booked with AC in premium eco as codeshare. Will be LH FRA-YUL and AC Rouge YUL-LAS.
AC says priority baggage for premium economy - will that be the same as LH is the operator? LH does not list priority baggage as a benefit for premium eco. Same goes for priority check-in which I'd care less as I normally head for self-service counters.

They also stated that I will be seated in "Business" for YUL-LAS and booking confirmation says "Business D". Any benefits with that? Lounge Access?

Thank you!
Tom

yyckiwi Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by TomFlyTalk (Post 34465818)
Hello everyone!

Flights FRA-YUL-LAS booked with AC in premium eco as codeshare. Will be LH FRA-YUL and AC Rouge YUL-LAS.
AC says priority baggage for premium economy - will that be the same as LH is the operator? LH does not list priority baggage as a benefit for premium eco. Same goes for priority check-in which I'd care less as I normally head for self-service counters.

They also stated that I will be seated in "Business" for YUL-LAS and booking confirmation says "Business D". Any benefits with that? Lounge Access?

Thank you!
Tom

As you are flying LH you will get what they are offering. So probably not priority check-in or baggage handling unless you are *G. If your boarding pass says business, you will be able to use the YUL TB lounge.

yyztozag Jul 28, 2022 8:05 pm

My grandpa (no status) just flew LH PY and his bag was marked with priority on the tag itself.

TomFlyTalk Jul 28, 2022 11:51 pm

Thank you both for your answer.
yyckiwi so it depends on my boarding pass, not my booking confirmation? If so I have to wait to find out.

yyztozag codeshare AC booking as well? Please more details.

yyztozag Jul 29, 2022 5:50 am

Originally Posted by TomFlyTalk (Post 34467877)
Thank you both for your answer.

yyztozag codeshare AC booking as well? Please more details.

Travel agent booking (he’s savvier than her, but insists on using the service sometimes…), I imagine AC codeshare.

caziz Jul 29, 2022 6:32 am

If memory serves me correctly LH has a dedicated PY check in at FRA

TomFlyTalk Jul 31, 2022 2:02 am

Originally Posted by caziz (Post 34468446)
If memory serves me correctly LH has a dedicated PY check in at FRA

Googled some reviews, all I can find was PY check in at FRA is same as regular Eco.