Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I haven't done it under the new program, but it was always possible before. There won't be a change in points.
​​​​​​...if the whole routing is partner metal.

On trips that include a segment on AC metal, that portion of the trip will be repriced.

Not a big deal on YYJ-YVR-IST-JNB, but potentially a big difference on YYT-YYZ-YVR-SYD-ADL.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
​​​​​​...if the whole routing is partner metal.

On trips that include a segment on AC metal, that portion of the trip will be repriced.
Is that true if that part's already flown?

Given the "SFO/ORD-FRA" was going to be in LH F, there's no way it was connecting through Canada though. But what if it was YYZ-ORD-FRA stop FRA-JNB? Would it reprice if you made a change while in FRA?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:25 am

Is this routing possible using Aeroplan? Starting point is BKK-LHR, 5 to 6 day stopover,LHR-ORD(connecting FRA). It should be the price of BKK-ORD plus 5,000 points for the stopover? Is this correct, I will be flying business and first class all on partner medal. What should I expect to pay in points? If I figured things out correctly my points cost should be 130,000 +5,000 for the stopover. I assume it would be the priced as though I flew it all in first plus the 5,000 points for the stopover.

Last edited by diverg; Jan 7, 2022 at 4:31 am
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by diverg
Is this routing possible using Aeroplan? Starting point is BKK-LHR, 5 to 6 day stopover,LHR-ORD(connecting FRA). It should be the price of BKK-ORD plus 5,000 points for the stopover? Is this correct, I will be flying business and first class all on partner medal. What should I expect to pay in points? If I figured things out correctly my points cost should be 130,000 +5,000 for the stopover. I assume it would be the priced as though I flew it all in first plus the 5,000 points for the stopover.
Correct.

The routing should definitely be fine, and I agree with your calculations.
YOWgary likes this.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jan 7, 2022 at 8:44 am
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:43 am

Is that true if that part's already flown?

Given the "SFO/ORD-FRA" was going to be in LH F, there's no way it was connecting through Canada though. But what if it was YYZ-ORD-FRA stop FRA-JNB? Would it reprice if you made a change while in FRA?
I can't see how they'd be *able* to reprice a segment that's already happened, even if they wanted to.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I can't see how they'd be *able* to reprice a segment that's already happened, even if they wanted to.
I dunno, I suspect they'd want a LOT of money (points) to re-fly a flight
YOWgary and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:31 pm

I dunno, I suspect they'd want a LOT of money (points) to re-fly a flight
I'd love to see the CoS bonus for time travel.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Correct.

The routing should definitely be fine, and I agree with your calculations.
It may be a bit more as one of the options routes BKK-HND-LHR, stopover,LHR-FRA-ORD. Now actually getting hold of AC on the phone to book this routing is nearly impossible. Maybe 4 am canadian time will bring me luck.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
I have a flight booked starting March 15 leaving YYJ-YYC-LHR-CAI (stopover 4 days) IST-DPS all in j paid 110000 points. If Bali doesn't open in time,
I will change my destination to Europe. If I changed my destination to go from CAi-LIS, would that be allowed? Would they refund me the difference in points?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:28 am

I'm also looking at doing this routing of BKK-LHR, stopover, LHR-DXB in business class. Possible and the amount of miles needed? Would it be based on the distance from BKK to LHR or Bkk-DXB? Also does anyine know a way to connect with AC to book these routes? Calling on the phone is about useless as there are long wait times.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Had to use a friend's SE number to get an agent, since E35 was not picking up, but a quick efficient booking by a knowledgeable agent
YYZ-AUH-MCT(stop)-CDG-MRU priced out correctly at 105k per person J

Wanted to do YYZ-IAD-AUH to get F on Etihad (its no apartments, but I do like their 787 suites) - but the agent could not stitch this together due to the AC segment on the first leg. This seems to be a recurring issue for me, trying to mix short AC flights with partner itineraries with stopovers
jer3, YOWgary and kalderlake like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by diverg
It may be a bit more as one of the options routes BKK-HND-LHR, stopover,LHR-FRA-ORD. Now actually getting hold of AC on the phone to book this routing is nearly impossible. Maybe 4 am canadian time will bring me luck.
On the LHR-FRA-ORD. If I can't enter Germany or do not have enough time to go to the FCT where do I go after departing the LHR-FRA leg?

Also does AC ever answer the dang phone. If they can't answer phones in a timely manner then they freaking need to make stopovers bookable online. They've only had a year to fix the problem.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Had to use a friend's SE number to get an agent, since E35 was not picking up, but a quick efficient booking by a knowledgeable agent
YYZ-AUH-MCT(stop)-CDG-MRU priced out correctly at 105k per person J
Sweet booking. Surprised it didn't break the bound for backtracking or being > 50% more than YYZ - MRU distance? But I'm not an expert especially with the new Aeroplan...
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Sweet booking. Surprised it didn't break the bound for backtracking or being > 50% more than YYZ - MRU distance? But I'm not an expert especially with the new Aeroplan...
it's definitely throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks with new Aeroplan complex bookings.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:57 pm

Friend of mine is on agent number 2 who says "if the computer doesn't bring up that routing, I can't book it".

He has YVR-SFO-FRA and wants to add an I9 FRA-LHR.
YOWgary likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.