FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   What's your AQM & AQS total so far this year? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2012583-whats-your-aqm-aqs-total-so-far-year.html)

codfather Apr 4, 2020 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson (Post 32264778)
Got to believe to succeed!! Sure you can fly direct from Halifax to Toronto... but why not go YHZ -> YUL -> YOW -> YYZ

That is a route I would usually take! Just throw in a stopover in Gander or Deer Lake!

Wallace Cashperson Apr 5, 2020 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 32265032)
That is a route I would usually take! Just throw in a stopover in Gander or Deer Lake!

Don't forget beautiful Sept Iles, Wabush, and Goose Bay on the way to YYT!

YHZ_Flyer Apr 5, 2020 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson (Post 32264778)
Got to believe to succeed!! Sure you can fly direct from Halifax to Toronto... but why not go YHZ -> YUL -> YOW -> YYZ

I do this all the time. Breakfast in the YHZ MLL, snack in YUL, and lunch @ YOW :D. Worth it to get those segments in.

codfather Apr 6, 2020 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Wallace Cashperson (Post 32267532)
Don't forget beautiful Sept Iles, Wabush, and Goose Bay on the way to YYT!

I have actually considered taking that route once before...

YUL-YQB-YZV-YWK-YYR-YDF-YYT, but I thought it would be too risky and I DID NOT want to get stuck in a remote part of Quebec or Labrador.

Adam Smith Apr 6, 2020 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 32269823)
I have actually considered taking that route once before...

YUL-YQB-YZV-YWK-YYR-YDF-YYT, but I thought it would be too risky and I DID NOT want to get stuck in a remote part of Quebec or Labrador.

How much risk would there be in it? A lot of segments, but wouldn't the same aircraft operate YQB-YZV-YWK-YYR? And then the same aircraft YYR-YDF-YYT? So your risk of misconnect should really only be in YQB and YYR, right? Obviously the extra stops must add some incremental risk of delays, but not having to change aircraft takes a lot of the risk out of it.

codfather Apr 6, 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32269929)
How much risk would there be in it? A lot of segments, but wouldn't the same aircraft operate YQB-YZV-YWK-YYR? And then the same aircraft YYR-YDF-YYT? So your risk of misconnect should really only be in YQB and YYR, right? Obviously the extra stops must add some incremental risk of delays, but not having to change aircraft takes a lot of the risk out of it.

It would be the same aircraft for YQB-YZV-YWK (DH3). YWK-YYR would be a BEH, and YYR-YDF-YYT would also be a BEH (but might not always be the same aircraft). If I flew YYR-YYT direct, I would be on the DH4 that goes YHZ-YYR-YYT.

Lots of opportunities for a misconnect unfortunately...

krayZpaving Apr 6, 2020 12:17 pm

93,526 AQM (includes 40k headstart for over 300k AQM last year)
24 AQS

(And jaysis - I hadn't looked at my 2019 AQM before. $94k. Glad I wasn't paying for it!)

Mrgooger Apr 6, 2020 8:44 pm

My travel was gonna slow down after May/June a bit...but for sure probably closer to that.

I shake my head every day at how much the world has changed.

Take care all - love these boards..used to visit a lot back in 2011/12 when I was travelling more..

WaytoomuchEurope Apr 6, 2020 9:24 pm

New answer given today's news:

Irrelevant.

FlY2XS Apr 6, 2020 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32269929)

Feel free to knock me down, but when was the last time you did 3 segments in a DH3? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I love small aircraft, but it is my least favourite. For the fun of it, much prefer a Beech 1900 or a Saab 340 or a Harbour Air float plane for pure seat of the pants flying feel. DH3 always felt like it didnt have an identity. Too big to be fun, too buzzy with stiff seats to be enjoyable. We always booked the CRJ flight back in the day.

Adam Smith Apr 6, 2020 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 32269943)
It would be the same aircraft for YQB-YZV-YWK (DH3). YWK-YYR would be a BEH, and YYR-YDF-YYT would also be a BEH (but might not always be the same aircraft). If I flew YYR-YYT direct, I would be on the DH4 that goes YHZ-YYR-YYT.

Lots of opportunities for a misconnect unfortunately...

Interesting. I didn't think there would be so much traffic in YYR, I would have thought for sure you'd only be on two aircraft from YQB to YYT. When I read the sentence about the YQB plane not carrying on to YYR, I thought it must be YWK-YYR-YDF-YYT on the same plane. And then I got to your next sentence ;)

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 32271343)
New answer given today's news:

Irrelevant.

Not if you're really excited about the potential ability to gift status ;)

Originally Posted by FlY2XS (Post 32271381)
Feel free to knock me down, but when was the last time you did 3 segments in a DH3? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I love small aircraft, but it is my least favourite. For the fun of it, much prefer a Beech 1900 or a Saab 340 or a Harbour Air float plane for pure seat of the pants flying feel. DH3 always felt like it didnt have an identity. Too big to be fun, too buzzy with stiff seats to be enjoyable. We always booked the CRJ flight back in the day.

As far as I know, in the ~1,000 flights I have data for, I've done all of four segments on DH3s - YQB-YUL, YVR-SEA, YYC-YEG, and YCD-YVR. I can't say I enjoyed them, but other than the smaller overhead bins, I can't say I disliked them much more than the DH4s. But clearly my experience is limited, so I wouldn't pretend to have much of an opinion.

I wasn't the one who suggested that wacky routing though, I was just asking a follow-up question about the logistics of it ;)

RangerNS Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am

My tracking spreadsheet has conditional formatting on my %/SE for AQS/AQM/AQD, from % days of the year.

AQS just went red.

Guess it doesn't matter, but AQM is soon going to drag down my MM trend line to an unacceptable level.

Adam Smith Apr 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 32284571)
My tracking spreadsheet has conditional formatting on my %/SE for AQS/AQM/AQD, from % days of the year.

AQS just went red.

Guess it doesn't matter, but AQM is soon going to drag down my MM trend line to an unacceptable level.

Oh no! How will you ever retain your SE status?!? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

canadiancow Apr 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS (Post 32271381)
Feel free to knock me down, but when was the last time you did 3 segments in a DH3?

November.

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 32284571)
AQM is soon going to drag down my MM trend line to an unacceptable level.

Tell me about it.

Anyway, let's try this again.

I've earned roughly 120k AQM this year, on minimal AQD.

codfather Apr 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32285443)
November.

Tell me about it.

Anyway, let's try this again.

I've earned roughly 120k AQM this year, on minimal AQD.

Cow, I assume you got the majority of this 120K AQM from carryover?