FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Flying to CDG in J. Priority Customs Line? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1980990-flying-cdg-j-priority-customs-line.html)

GateGuardian Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am

Flying to CDG in J. Priority Customs Line?

Flying to CDG and arriving in 2A. Does Air Canada provide the use of the priority/fast track line in customs? I've only flown to CDG via Air France before and I remember the sign saying it's for No.1 Access and SkyTeam only.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Jul 31, 2019 9:15 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 31363069)
Flying to CDG and arriving in 2A. Does Air Canada provide the use of the priority/fast track line in customs? I've only flown to CDG via Air France before and I remember the sign saying it's for No.1 Access and SkyTeam only.

I have departed CDG on AC twice in the past 12 months and access to priority lanes for outbound immigration and security was provided. Don't know for certain about arrivals, however my guess would be yes.
--
13F

run&fly Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 31363069)

Yes, unless the SD forgets, you will be getting a No. 1 Access sticker before landing in CDG. I had to remind them once... :)

SparseFlyer Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

Yes. But honestly by the time we arrive in 2A it's usually super empty.

run&fly Jul 31, 2019 9:23 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 31363120)

Yes, except for the odd times when it's not ;-)

GateGuardian Jul 31, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks. I guess it's because I'm used to flying into 2E and it's always 45min-1hr wait through custom.

RatherBeInYOW Jul 31, 2019 12:21 pm

They should stick a little "Access No.1" on your BP. Unless you have an electronic BP, then they stick it to your passport, where it is infinitely reusable. Until it gets worn, then you get them to stick another one...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...908bd6d3fb.jpg

Usually more useful for exit customs and security than entrance customs though.

Hoogaar Jul 31, 2019 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 31363897)
Usually more useful for exit customs and security than entrance customs though.

Agreed. If you're in J, you're one of the first to get there, along with all the other J passengers - regular line ends up being faster.

But definitely have had more use out of it when leaving,

Diabeetus Aug 1, 2019 9:44 pm

Yes
as long as they remember all J pax should get them.

As an SE in PY, I've asked for one before landing and recieved it too .

Bohemian1 Aug 1, 2019 10:47 pm

I have a bunch of these in my travel bag for exactly the same reason as @RatherBeInYOW mentions.

Given I have an EU passport (at least until Halloween) as observed up-thread it's more useful leaving than arriving. Especially when they decide to put both families and people with mobility issues in the Priority lane as well.

Bartolo Aug 2, 2019 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31369502)
I have a bunch of these in my travel bag for exactly the same reason as @RatherBeInYOW mentions.

Given I have an EU passport (at least until Halloween) as observed up-thread it's more useful leaving than arriving. Especially when they decide to put both families and people with mobility issues in the Priority lane as well.

Totally agree. Just thinking the other day, as mentioned by @Bohemian1, about the importance of not pulling off the sticker for flights beyond October.

BlueZebra Aug 2, 2019 12:36 pm

Customs in Europe is the red/green aisle/door choice system. There is no need I can think of for priority in that system.

For Immigration processes, on the other hand, having priority can definitely be a good thing.

InTheAirGuy Aug 2, 2019 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 31363120)

I landed there 2 weeks ago, and the flight was on time. And yes, it was more than super empty. I think we were the only flight!

lallied Aug 2, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 31372037)
I landed there 2 weeks ago, and the flight was on time. And yes, it was more than super empty. I think we were the only flight!

I have hit there when we’ve been late and even the fast track looks really bad. Only my EU passport got me out quickly

Jasper2009 Aug 2, 2019 2:05 pm

I still have an ~8 inch No. 1 pass from a few years ago. Are those still valid? :D