FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Change in class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1980962-change-class.html)

Jeanette Horvath Jul 31, 2019 6:23 am

Change in class

I received a notice of change on Air Canada flight from Thunder Bay to Rome for September. There was an equipment change which means I’ve been changed from business class to economy on the flight from yqt to yyz. They’ve said they are going to refund some preferred seat charges I had made but nothing yet. Does anyone know how long this usually takes? Should I try to get a refund for the difference in class change instead? Any advice would be appreciated.

ThePopes Jul 31, 2019 8:18 am

they probably had you booked on a a319 prior and switched the aircraft to a crj900 and kicked your seat back to economy. try calling them and asking to seat you back in business as i doubt the business class seats are full. is this a paid fare or on points?

Jeanette Horvath Jul 31, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ThePopes (Post 31362848)
they probably had you booked on a a319 prior and switched the aircraft to a crj900 and kicked your seat back to economy. try calling them and asking to seat you back in business as i doubt the business class seats are full. is this a paid fare or on points?

They changed to a 321 on rouge. There isn’t business or premium class on this plane. It is a paid fare.

MSPeconomist Jul 31, 2019 9:18 am

Can you change your flights in order to get you a schedule that has business class on every segment?

dr_torch Jul 31, 2019 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31363104)
Can you change your flights in order to get you a schedule that has business class on every segment?

This is what I would do - however the OP may have limited options out of YQT.

Jeanette Horvath Jul 31, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dr_torch (Post 31363121)
This is what I would do - however the OP may have limited options out of YQT.

<div style="text-align:left;">Unfortunately that is the only flight that has one connection to Rome </div>

canadiancow Jul 31, 2019 9:40 am

There's literally another thread somewhere about this exact issue. Figure out what an economy fare would have cost, then after travel, you can ask for a pro-rated refund of the difference based on distance.

I don't know if it will work, but it's what I would do.

Also make sure they stick you in preferred seats at no cost on that flight.

SparseFlyer Jul 31, 2019 10:15 am

OP likely got rebooked in Y and could self serve into a PREF via the website. Avoid the 30m wait time...

IluvSQ Aug 1, 2019 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jeanette Horvath (Post 31362452)
There was an equipment change which means I’ve been changed from business class to economy on the flight from yqt to yyz. They’ve said they are going to refund some preferred seat charges I had made but nothing yet.

If you were originally in business class all the way, how and why were there " preferred seat charges" to start with?
that does not make any sense.

canadiancow Aug 1, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 31367814)
If you were originally in business class all the way, how and why were there " preferred seat charges" to start with?
that does not make any sense.

P fares tend to book into M for all-Y cabins, which does not give you a free preferred seat.

IluvSQ Aug 1, 2019 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31368071)
P fares tend to book into M for all-Y cabins, which does not give you a free preferred seat.

I read it as the seat charges being applied on the original ( all-business) itinerary.

canadiancow Aug 1, 2019 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 31368098)
I read it as the seat charges being applied on the original ( all-business) itinerary.

So did I, but that makes no sense :p