FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan cannot attach two segments because EVA will not let them (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1973150-aeroplan-cannot-attach-two-segments-because-eva-will-not-let-them.html)

shayaanl Jun 8, 2019 10:57 am

Aeroplan cannot attach two segments because EVA will not let them

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I Have YYZ-TPE-DPS currently booked in the future, and have been trying to move up the date of the flight. Space opened up sometime last night on BR from YYZ-TPE in J on the 12th and TPE-DPS is still only available in Y on the 13th. I called Aeroplan and told them I would like to change to these flights, and they said that they cannot connect these two segments (YYZ-TPE and YYZ-DPS to make YYZ-TPE-DPS) because EVA will not let them.

When I try booking YYZ-DPS on AP with mixed cabin on the 12th, when I get to the final booking page, it says something along the line of seat no longer available due to real time availability. I would hate to have to have to redeem on YYZ-TPE and then spend another 20k miles separately from TPE-DPS in Y. Anyone know what the issue here is? Thanks in advance!

YXUFlyboy Jun 8, 2019 11:12 am

Originally Posted by shayaanl (Post 31182964)
When I try booking YYZ-DPS on AP with mixed cabin on the 12th, when I get to the final booking page, it says something along the line of seat no longer available due to real time availability. I would hate to have to have to redeem on YYZ-TPE and then spend another 20k miles separately from TPE-DPS in Y. Anyone know what the issue here is? Thanks in advance!

Likely means phantom space and YYZ-DPS not actually available if you're getting "real time availability" issue.

shayaanl Jun 8, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 31182989)
Likely means phantom space and YYZ-DPS not actually available if you're getting "real time availability" issue.

That's what I initially thought but thing is both YYZ-TPE and TPE-DPS are available separately and I am able to get to the final page where credit card info needs to be inputted for both those routes. I just need AP to put YYZ-TPE and TPE-DPS together into one mixed cabin itinerary.

Cozmo456 Jun 8, 2019 12:56 pm

My TA had trouble getting a connection on BR from TPE on a paid J ticket. Last step and it comes back as not bookable.

Since this is paid, I did a separate booking for the last segment. But I prefer everything on one ticket number.

daniellam Jun 8, 2019 6:26 pm

The joys of married segment logic!

Most airlines nowadays determine availability by O&D (Origin and Destination). They used to do it to cash paid inventory and now it's been expanded to award redemption inventory as well.

shayaanl Jun 8, 2019 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 31183856)
The joys of married segment logic!

Most airlines nowadays determine availability by O&D (Origin and Destination). They used to do it to cash paid inventory and now it's been expanded to award redemption inventory as well.

But isn't this the opposite of married segments since they are both seperate bookings and I want to attach it together. Wouldn't married segment availability for example mean YYZ-TPE-DPS is available but say you only want to book TPE-DPS.

Davvidd Jun 8, 2019 8:27 pm

It could be an award ticket issue. Not all seats are available as award tickets though they have seats available. Is this the issue?

Adam Smith Jun 9, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by shayaanl (Post 31183942)
But isn't this the opposite of married segments since they are both seperate bookings and I want to attach it together. Wouldn't married segment availability for example mean YYZ-TPE-DPS is available but say you only want to book TPE-DPS.

Married segments can bite you multiple ways. Either your itinerary can be available individually but not on married segments (in this case, that would mean both YYZ-TPE and TPE-DPS available, but not YYZ-TPE-DPS), or it could be available when married but not individually (in this case, YYZ-TPE-DPS available, YYZ-TPE and TPE-DPS not).

shayaanl Jun 9, 2019 5:29 pm

Good news on my end! Finally got to a competent agent who was able to fix this for me. What she did was change my YYZ-TPE-DPS itinerary to economy on June 12th, then she upgraded the YYZ-TPE segment to business. Thanks for everyone's help and feedback!

mike88m Nov 14, 2023 1:34 pm

similar issue here. Booked YUL-SEA-TPE and now I found TPE-SIN but they cannot add it to my booking (which should be 87.5k to TPE or to SIN) grrr.

JacFlyer Nov 14, 2023 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by mike88m (Post 35744842)
similar issue here. Booked YUL-SEA-TPE and now I found TPE-SIN but they cannot add it to my booking (which should be 87.5k to TPE or to SIN) grrr.

Typical BR JCL (journey control logic). BR’s CRS is being unreasonable, as most other Airlines JCL only affects connecting flights, but in the case of BR it seems that even if you make a stop a TPE, its system wouldn’t let you book onward journey depending on where you come from and where you want to go. And the same restriction applies to any BR flight, whether award or cash, economy or business.

daniellam Nov 14, 2023 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by JacFlyer (Post 35744901)
Typical BR JCL (journey control logic). BR’s CRS is being unreasonable, as most other Airlines JCL only affects connecting flights, but in the case of BR it seems that even if you make a stop a TPE, its system wouldn’t let you book onward journey depending on where you come from and where you want to go. And the same restriction applies to any BR flight, whether award or cash, economy or business.

In some cases, you will need to stay in TPE for more than X days in order for the married segment logic not to apply.

I know that for SQ who also uses Amadeus as their reservations system, sometimes you need to stay in SIN for >72 hours in order for married segment logic to not apply.