FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   SE privileges for all passengers on same itinerary? (MLL access) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1971362-se-privileges-all-passengers-same-itinerary-mll-access.html)

musicmtl May 26, 2019 10:26 am

SE privileges for all passengers on same itinerary? (MLL access)

Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming flight, booked by a SE, who is one of the passengers travelling, along with a few additional passengers, all on the same itinerary. I added the flight to the AC app, and it shows that I have *international* MLL access for an upcoming transatlantic flight in Y. As a E35k, this normally isn't the case. Do the SE's privileges apply to all passengers on the itinerary, or is this possibly just a bug in the app?

RangerNS May 26, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by musicmtl (Post 31140190)
Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming flight, booked by a SE, who is one of the passengers travelling, along with a few additional passengers, all on the same itinerary. I added the flight to the AC app, and it shows that I have *international* MLL access for an upcoming transatlantic flight in Y. As a E35k, this normally isn't the case. Do the SE's privileges apply to all passengers on the itinerary, or is this possibly just a bug in the app?

International isn't all that special. (SSL out of YYZ is its own thing). Generally (that is, for not-SSL purposes) lesser PAX inherit status of the SE booker .
​​​​

canadiancow May 26, 2019 10:49 am

No, the SE can bring in spouse, children, and one guest.

The only thing you really inherit is boarding zone.

ffsim May 26, 2019 11:39 am

My experience matches cow’s summary. Booked tickets for Mrs. ffsim on multiple occasions and she’s never been able to access any of my E50 perks aside from Z2 boarding.

visitor May 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31140229)

And sometimes on-board treatment. My thirteen year old, travelling solo international PY on my points was treated as an SEMM, although kept getting asked how he made SEMM at age 13...

canadiancow May 26, 2019 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by visitor (Post 31140437)
And sometimes on-board treatment. My thirteen year old, travelling solo international PY on my points was treated as an SEMM, although kept getting asked how he made SEMM at age 13...

That's a bug when the name-match algorithm triggers with your number in the FQTR field.

visitor May 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31140451)
That's a bug when the name-match algorithm triggers with your number in the FQTR field.

You are right, but their IT incompetence has a silver lining from time to time...

musicmtl May 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 31140224)
International isn't all that special. (SSL out of YYZ is its own thing). Generally (that is, for not-SSL purposes) lesser PAX inherit status of the SE booker .
​​​​

It's special to an E35! Lol! Been a few times. Slightly better food and atmosphere. I do appreciate it though over the often crowded domestic lounge.

musicmtl May 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Darn, ok. App glitch, then, I suppose.

Stranger May 26, 2019 3:46 pm

I don't think it's a name issue. Same happens to my wife when travelling on my points even though she uses her maiden's name, not my name.

LesDorgo May 26, 2019 6:52 pm

you will be able to get the preferred seats free as well when the SE books the flight and you travel together.

martyYOW May 27, 2019 8:28 am

Originally Posted by LesDorgo (Post 31141198)
you will be able to get the preferred seats free as well when the SE books the flight and you travel together.

But the SE usually needs to call in to SE Reservations line to get them - I've never been able to do it online.

yyznomad May 27, 2019 12:00 pm

This.

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 31140318)
My experience matches cow’s summary. Booked tickets for Mrs. ffsim on multiple occasions and she’s never been able to access any of my E50 perks aside from Z2 boarding.

This.

This.

Originally Posted by musicmtl (Post 31140679)
It's special to an E35! Lol! Been a few times. Slightly better food and atmosphere. I do appreciate it though over the often crowded domestic lounge.

The YYZ international MLL is nice "enough". The food has never been amazing (just ok) but I've always looked forward to most of my visits there.

Originally Posted by musicmtl (Post 31140717)
Darn, ok. App glitch, then, I suppose.

@musicmtl
This. If you look at the AC app master threads in this forum, you will see people reporting the app incorrectly advising, for example, YYZ international MLL access upon arrival when connecting to transborder. You know, the typical crap like that.

jc94 May 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 31140318)

Agents have been known to override this and shove the pax into Z3 when re-printing the BP at the airport. At least, in one case at YYZ.

At least, I assume it was intentional. Perhaps it wasn't, but the Z2 changed to Z3 for the 2nd pax account at airport.