Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SE privileges for all passengers on same itinerary? (MLL access)

Old May 26, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming flight, booked by a SE, who is one of the passengers travelling, along with a few additional passengers, all on the same itinerary. I added the flight to the AC app, and it shows that I have *international* MLL access for an upcoming transatlantic flight in Y. As a E35k, this normally isn't the case. Do the SE's privileges apply to all passengers on the itinerary, or is this possibly just a bug in the app?
Old May 26, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming flight, booked by a SE, who is one of the passengers travelling, along with a few additional passengers, all on the same itinerary. I added the flight to the AC app, and it shows that I have *international* MLL access for an upcoming transatlantic flight in Y. As a E35k, this normally isn't the case. Do the SE's privileges apply to all passengers on the itinerary, or is this possibly just a bug in the app?
International isn't all that special. (SSL out of YYZ is its own thing). Generally (that is, for not-SSL purposes) lesser PAX inherit status of the SE booker .
​​​​
Old May 26, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, the SE can bring in spouse, children, and one guest.

The only thing you really inherit is boarding zone.
ffsim likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
My experience matches cow’s summary. Booked tickets for Mrs. ffsim on multiple occasions and she’s never been able to access any of my E50 perks aside from Z2 boarding.
canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow

And sometimes on-board treatment. My thirteen year old, travelling solo international PY on my points was treated as an SEMM, although kept getting asked how he made SEMM at age 13...
Old May 26, 2019, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by visitor
And sometimes on-board treatment. My thirteen year old, travelling solo international PY on my points was treated as an SEMM, although kept getting asked how he made SEMM at age 13...
That's a bug when the name-match algorithm triggers with your number in the FQTR field.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
That's a bug when the name-match algorithm triggers with your number in the FQTR field.
You are right, but their IT incompetence has a silver lining from time to time...
Old May 26, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS
International isn't all that special. (SSL out of YYZ is its own thing). Generally (that is, for not-SSL purposes) lesser PAX inherit status of the SE booker .
​​​​
It's special to an E35! Lol! Been a few times. Slightly better food and atmosphere. I do appreciate it though over the often crowded domestic lounge.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Darn, ok. App glitch, then, I suppose.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it's a name issue. Same happens to my wife when travelling on my points even though she uses her maiden's name, not my name.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
you will be able to get the preferred seats free as well when the SE books the flight and you travel together.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
you will be able to get the preferred seats free as well when the SE books the flight and you travel together.
But the SE usually needs to call in to SE Reservations line to get them - I've never been able to do it online.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

This.

Originally Posted by ffsim
My experience matches cow’s summary. Booked tickets for Mrs. ffsim on multiple occasions and she’s never been able to access any of my E50 perks aside from Z2 boarding.
This.

This.

It's special to an E35! Lol! Been a few times. Slightly better food and atmosphere. I do appreciate it though over the often crowded domestic lounge.
The YYZ international MLL is nice "enough". The food has never been amazing (just ok) but I've always looked forward to most of my visits there.

Darn, ok. App glitch, then, I suppose.
@musicmtl
This. If you look at the AC app master threads in this forum, you will see people reporting the app incorrectly advising, for example, YYZ international MLL access upon arrival when connecting to transborder. You know, the typical crap like that.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ffsim
Agents have been known to override this and shove the pax into Z3 when re-printing the BP at the airport. At least, in one case at YYZ.

At least, I assume it was intentional. Perhaps it wasn't, but the Z2 changed to Z3 for the 2nd pax account at airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.