Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Last minute/low cost business class tickets, Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Last minute/low cost business class tickets, Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Last minute/low cost business class tickets, Air Canada

Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can purchase last minute/low cost business class tickets from Toronto to Asia on flights operated by Air Canada?

For many years I have been able to reach the Super Elite/100K with Air Canada. I also have Million Mile status with Air Canada. I might not be able to reach Super Elite/100K status this year and at some point I might decide to take a flight to Asia just to obtain the miles. I would want to maximize the number of miles I earn and this is why I am interested in a business class ticket.

Air Canada does not sell any last minute/low cost business class tickets but they told me that there are agencies (resellers) that purchase tickets like these and then sell them off if they have some left over. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Mr Math
Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can purchase last minute/low cost business class tickets from Toronto to Asia on flights operated by Air Canada?

For many years I have been able to reach the Super Elite/100K with Air Canada. I also have Million Mile status with Air Canada. I might not be able to reach Super Elite/100K status this year and at some point I might decide to take a flight to Asia just to obtain the miles. I would want to maximize the number of miles I earn and this is why I am interested in a business class ticket.

Air Canada does not sell any last minute/low cost business class tickets but they told me that there are agencies (resellers) that purchase tickets like these and then sell them off if they have some left over. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

In my experience, the words "last minute" and "low cost business class tickets" don't go in the same sentence, in general and certainly not on AC.com. Times have changed.

As for consolidators, others here here can answer that question which I recall came up a long time ago. Also, I am not sure if all of those tickets earn AQM as they made be defined as "special fares". And these tickets may have other restrictions.

Depending on where you live, there are Asian travel consolidators who sell to their ethnic markets.

YMMV and good luck.

Also, you can buy PE and upgrade, or upsell if biz fares are reasonable closer to your departure date.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I think a better bet might be Premium Economy, if you can hack 13 hours in what is essentially a North American business class seat. There are always some good deals out there for PE, and it provides 125% status miles. Taipei (TPE) seems to always have deals, and can be had in PE for well under $2,000 round trip, and would provide just under 15,000 status miles from YVR (just over 20,000 from YYZ). The fare difference to business class would be about $4,000, which is a really bad deal for the extra 4,000 status miles you would gain.

You could use e-upgrades or try for a bid upgrade if you desire the comfort of a lie-flat.

There is actually a 15% off sale for PE base fares to Asia on until next Tuesday the 19th.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much! I am inclined to agree with you that the words "last minute" and "low cost business class tickets" don't go together, but I am hopeful someone might have a suggestion about a consolidator. Thank you for the tip about special fares.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Great suggestion about Premium Economy. Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Interesting phrase at the bottom of the promo:
  • Maximum number of bookings: 1000
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
There is actually a 15% off sale for PE base fares to Asia on until next Tuesday the 19th.
@VoodooYYC

Just caught this. You'll enjoy it

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30779302-post4720.html
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
When I click through that link on ac.com, it tells me that promo expired March 4 2018.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Just use LANTERN2019 as the promo code. it works.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Plumber
Just use LANTERN2019 as the promo code. it works.
Right, but copy and paste only works when someone proofs before posting.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I am grateful for all these replies. Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:26 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr Math

Thank you.
you can try silkway travel out of vancouver. They sell a lot if net tickets. If not, I sometimes buy my tickets the day before my flight in flex then LMU at time of booking. You can save thousands of $ this way. Only negative, you don't get the 50% bonus miles.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
you can try silkway travel out of vancouver. They sell a lot if net tickets. If not, I sometimes buy my tickets the day before my flight in flex then LMU at time of booking. You can save thousands of $ this way. Only negative, you don't get the 50% bonus miles.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:33 pm

Perhaps part of the question is what is your particular parameter for "last minute" - I have a friend who is constantly changing tickets on the way to the airport, whereas my dad gets antsy if something isn't booked 3 months out.
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:17 am

AC J and last minute don’t go in the same sentence. Ended up flying UA J for half the price because AC J fare to Asia two weeks out was double the price.

in regards to consolidator tickets, watch out. Even though it’s a J ticket, you may run into AQM/AQD issues. Will likely not credit at normal J rates, so you better ask carefully before you buy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.