FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Rouge 319/321 swap - exit row (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1955535-rouge-319-321-swap-exit-row.html)

InTheAirGuy Feb 10, 2019 5:48 am

Rouge 319/321 swap - exit row

I'm off with the wife, the sons and the 2 girlfriends next week on a rouge flight. (-;

Seated in the back.

My son and I have an exit row in economy. I've noticed that for this flight, they've swapped out the 319 for a 321 about 40% of the time, and with that, our exit row moves back...

Q's.

- will AC proactively move us?
- I've got an Expertflyer plane swap alert running - I presume I should call in right away if it is swapped
- I'm SE - if they swap and stick someone in the exit row on the 319, can I get them to change it?

This is a potentially frustrating turn of events for a 5+ hour flight.

Adam Smith Feb 10, 2019 7:09 am

Are they actually swapping the aircraft type last-minute, or do they just have different equipment scheduled on different days?

Jebby_ca Feb 10, 2019 7:25 am

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 30760456)
- I'm SE - if they swap and stick someone in the exit row on the 319, can I get them to change it?

If they do end up swapping fins, and you lose your exit row seats, you can't get them to change it unless those seats are empty. So if someone else has been assigned the exit row seats, you're SOL.

YHZ_Flyer Feb 10, 2019 9:48 am

I'm off with the wife, the sons and the 2 girlfriends next week on a rouge flight. (-;

Seated in the back.

My son and I have an exit row in economy. I've noticed that for this flight, they've swapped out the 319 for a 321 about 40% of the time, and with that, our exit row moves back...

Q's.

- will AC proactively move us?
- I've got an Expertflyer plane swap alert running - I presume I should call in right away if it is swapped

This is a potentially frustrating turn of events for a 5+ hour flight.

As much as I would like to think that they would value you’re SE status enough to move people, I highly doubt they would. I had the same situation a few weeks ago when our A321 was swapped for a 77L a few hours out on YVR-YYZ. Ended up in regular middle seats in the middle section, instead of exit row. AC offered a refund on the preferred seats and that was it. Both of us have status, my companions being higher with 50K

Points Poppa Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am

You have a wife AND two girlfriends? Where do you find the time :-O

Sorry, couldn't resist...

RangerNS Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Points Poppa (Post 30761162)

Friday's for the wives, Saturday for the girlfriends.

Flying is for both.

InTheAirGuy Feb 10, 2019 2:37 pm

It's an old joke from a thread years ago when I was asking about getting my sons girlfriends into the lounge.

Moot point now because MrsITAG is also SE

InTheAirGuy Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30760617)
Are they actually swapping the aircraft type last-minute, or do they just have different equipment scheduled on different days?

Swapping. it's always shed'd as a 319 but they've done 321 about 5 of the last 12

Stranger Feb 10, 2019 2:46 pm

A bit late at the game aren't we?