Rouge 319/321 swap - exit row

Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Rouge 319/321 swap - exit row

I'm off with the wife, the sons and the 2 girlfriends next week on a rouge flight. (-;

Seated in the back.

My son and I have an exit row in economy. I've noticed that for this flight, they've swapped out the 319 for a 321 about 40% of the time, and with that, our exit row moves back...

Q's.

- will AC proactively move us?
- I've got an Expertflyer plane swap alert running - I presume I should call in right away if it is swapped
- I'm SE - if they swap and stick someone in the exit row on the 319, can I get them to change it?

This is a potentially frustrating turn of events for a 5+ hour flight.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Are they actually swapping the aircraft type last-minute, or do they just have different equipment scheduled on different days?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
- I'm SE - if they swap and stick someone in the exit row on the 319, can I get them to change it?
If they do end up swapping fins, and you lose your exit row seats, you can't get them to change it unless those seats are empty. So if someone else has been assigned the exit row seats, you're SOL.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm off with the wife, the sons and the 2 girlfriends next week on a rouge flight. (-;

Seated in the back.

My son and I have an exit row in economy. I've noticed that for this flight, they've swapped out the 319 for a 321 about 40% of the time, and with that, our exit row moves back...

Q's.

- will AC proactively move us?
- I've got an Expertflyer plane swap alert running - I presume I should call in right away if it is swapped

This is a potentially frustrating turn of events for a 5+ hour flight.
As much as I would like to think that they would value youre SE status enough to move people, I highly doubt they would. I had the same situation a few weeks ago when our A321 was swapped for a 77L a few hours out on YVR-YYZ. Ended up in regular middle seats in the middle section, instead of exit row. AC offered a refund on the preferred seats and that was it. Both of us have status, my companions being higher with 50K
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:25 am

You have a wife AND two girlfriends? Where do you find the time :-O

Sorry, couldn't resist...
gcashin likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Points Poppa

Friday's for the wives, Saturday for the girlfriends.

Flying is for both.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

It's an old joke from a thread years ago when I was asking about getting my sons girlfriends into the lounge.

Moot point now because MrsITAG is also SE
flyquiet likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are they actually swapping the aircraft type last-minute, or do they just have different equipment scheduled on different days?
Swapping. it's always shed'd as a 319 but they've done 321 about 5 of the last 12
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A bit late at the game aren't we?
flyquiet likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.