Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unable to add Aeroplan number to Lufthansa booking online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to add Aeroplan number to Lufthansa booking online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@WaytoomuchEurope, just saw this now, but wasn't implying that you were an idiot, rather that perhaps you were suffering from some travel-induced amnesia
Indeed I was. I am. Whatever. It was a tight connection and they had pre-printed my BP so I didn't get to put my AE number on. Will have to put in a request for credit.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:41 pm

So my EN flight last week was on a crazy tight connection and I couldn't add my AE number. No big deal I will email in. Today when I checked in at the counter they told me they could NOT add it and I would have to email Air Dolomiti customer service. That is incredibly annoying to me. She said the system just wouldn't allow it. She tried repeatedly.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Just purchased a ticket in LH.com

Added my AP account # at austrian.com

Rechecked my ticket at LH.com and itinerary now shows my AP #.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by supatight80
Just purchased a ticket in LH.com

Added my AP account # at austrian.com

Rechecked my ticket at LH.com and itinerary now shows my AP #.
Great workaround!

I just did this for an upcoming LH booking and it worked fine. I wonder if this would also work using the LX website.

​​Not sure why I didn't think of this, as I've used one LH group airline site to modify bookings on another on several occasions in the past (e.g. LH website wouldn't let me select seats for an LH flight but LX site would), but I'm sure glad you suggested it
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SE100k
It's not even an LH-group thing: LH is on Amadeus so you can edit FF details on most Amadeus airline websites. A lot of BA FFs use the Finnair website to edit FF details, as the BA website won't let you change FF numbers once you've added them to a PNR. You should be able to edit LH bookings on the Finnair site as well. Whilst I've never done that myself with an LH booking, last year I was able to bring up a LO (who is also on Amadeus) booking on the Finnair site to modify APIS details. This is the main reason why I'm looking forward to the AC move to Amadeus...
MattAir likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
So my EN flight last week was on a crazy tight connection and I couldn't add my AE number. No big deal I will email in. Today when I checked in at the counter they told me they could NOT add it and I would have to email Air Dolomiti customer service. That is incredibly annoying to me. She said the system just wouldn't allow it. She tried repeatedly.
So I'm at the "request missing miles" screen on Aeroplan and Air Dolomiti isn't even listed as an airline in the drop down box.

Will have to find an email address. What a PITA.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm at the "request missing miles" screen on Aeroplan and Air Dolomiti isn't even listed as an airline in the drop down box.

Will have to find an email address. What a PITA.
Don't they have an LH flight number anyway?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Don't they have an LH flight number anyway?
Nope. "EN".
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. "EN".
Odd. THey are fully owned by LH and based at MUC.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Nope. "EN".
I guess that is the issue here. If you book Air Dolomiti as LH codeshare you do get miles with Aeroplan but if you book flights with their own EN flight number you don't.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I guess that is the issue here. If you book Air Dolomiti as LH codeshare you do get miles with Aeroplan but if you book flights with their own EN flight number you don't.
I booked with AC directly so I don’t understand why they’d do this. Oh well, it’s just miles I do not need. Annoying though.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
To add your Aeroplan number to a Lufthansa booking you made on their website, just call 1 800 563 5954.

I just don't get why people are so adverse to making phone calls these days!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by daniellam
To add your Aeroplan number to a Lufthansa booking you made on their website, just call 1 800 563 5954.

AC trained them well.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daniellam

I don't like making phone calls. I'm happy Google will call restaurants to make reservations for me now.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: aeroplan
Yep EN 8194 in Jan = 0 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.