Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can I upgrade fare bought by company?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I upgrade fare bought by company?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ryanpower8
Yes I see your point, however I am 75k AQM from 1 million miles, so after I reach a million I would stop the fare upgrading for miles
Congrats, I think this makes a large difference given we are talking about getting to lifetime E50k
flyquiet and Symmetre like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jc94

Um. Is that just a company credit card you use? By TA/Travel agent we mean like Concir or BCD, where you have a company book and pay for it all for you. You pay a fee for this service, per booking. Many companies seem to like it. I just get the EA to do it if it’s within NA.
Concur is not a TA but an expense management system. Our organization uses Concur to ensure compliance with travel rules as the exclusive booking engine, but the actual TA booking the tickets and servicing the itinerary is American Express Global Business Travel - which used to be owned by AMEX but actually got sold to private equity partners a few years ago.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Would you not be better off trying to buy an upgrade to business at the airport? Then you get both the bigger seat and more miles, at a lower total cost. At least there is a tangible benefit for the extra $ spent.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Would you not be better off trying to buy an upgrade to business at the airport? Then you get both the bigger seat and more miles, at a lower total cost. At least there is a tangible benefit for the extra $ spent.
Last Minute Upgrades don’t earn extra miles.
canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Concur is not a TA but an expense management system. Our organization uses Concur to ensure compliance with travel rules as the exclusive booking engine, but the actual TA booking the tickets and servicing the itinerary is American Express Global Business Travel - which used to be owned by AMEX but actually got sold to private equity partners a few years ago.
if booking an AC flight via the Concur system does it issue an 014 ticket?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the ticket/PNR includes only flights that are both operated and marketed by AC (AC flight numbers and not a codeshare), then I don't think there's any option other than to issue the ticket on AC ticket stock.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the ticket/PNR includes only flights that are both operated and marketed by AC (AC flight numbers and not a codeshare), then I don't think there's any option other than to issue the ticket on AC ticket stock.
Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by D582
Last Minute Upgrades don’t earn extra miles.
I never knew that! I'm used to BA, where if I upgrade to a J seat at the airport I get the full J miles (or tier points in the case of BA)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by leisurefly
if booking an AC flight via the Concur system does it issue an 014 ticket?
Does for me. BCD is the TA in my case.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Does for me. BCD is the TA in my case.
Same for me. FCM is the TA. Haven't tried to upgrade a ticket purchased through them, but when we had a local TA doing our bookings I successfully upgraded TATL fares to flex a couple of time directly with AC with no issue. As with all things YMMV, particularly with AC call centre agents. :-)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
If you purchased a AC ticket via Amex Global Business Travel, CW, or other TA, Ac wont touch the ticket prior to departure, since its in control of the TA, they will refer you back to your TA to perform the up-fare. In my experience, Amex Travel will do it for you and issue you a new receipt with the new fare class and cost. We've since changed to CW and Unigobe and it sucks, they tend not to perform an up-fare.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I guess the word "can" was meant to be either "able to" or "allowed to".
sram likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:46 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Another datapoint is that my company uses Egencia and I've booked and subsequently upfared AC flights via them (over the phone) with no problem. The usual agent interaction fee applies.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Another datapoint is that my company uses Egencia and I've booked and subsequently upfared AC flights via them (over the phone) with no problem. The usual agent interaction fee applies.
Same for me. Except if you can get a friendly call centre AC agent to do it then there is no fee.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by ryanpower8
Yes I see your point, however I am 75k AQM from 1 million miles, so after I reach a million I would stop the fare upgrading for miles
Originally Posted by jc94
Congrats, I think this makes a large difference given we are talking about getting to lifetime E50k
Yeah, that's a completely different situation, OP, and definitely worth pursuing. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.