FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: How to enter "expired" nexus number - conditionally renewed - on AC ticket? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1946163-how-enter-expired-nexus-number-conditionally-renewed-ac-ticket.html)

FlyerGoldII Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm

How to enter "expired" nexus number - conditionally renewed - on AC ticket?

My nexus card expiration date is in a few days.
It has been conditionally renewed for 11 more months, pending an interview.

I am planning to go to USA in Feb. I have currently scheduled a nexus interview in Jan.

I called AC reservation - the AC ticket requires nexus number and nexus expiration date to be entered - but of course, the expiration date could not be added by the agent - so he said that he could not really add the nexus number as well. So how do I proceed, adding my nexus number to my AC ticket. Main reason is to potentially get TSA precheck on return.

eigenvector Dec 16, 2018 8:22 pm

If the trip is in February and the interview in January, why not wait to add it until the card is renewed? As you noted, the only benefit of having it on the reservation is for Pre Check, but that can be done at check in.

Altaflyer Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm

I think it takes 2 weeks to get the card so you may not have it in time.

canadiancow Dec 16, 2018 8:31 pm

KTN for Pre✓ does not require an expiration date.

Use your passport (with its expiration) in APIS, and add the KTN separately.

Adam Smith Dec 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Or just don't enter anything in APIS now. Sounds like there's a good chance you'll have the new card by the time you travel.

Plumber Dec 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 30543133)
My nexus card expiration date is in a few days.
It has been conditionally renewed for 11 more months, pending an interview.

Can I ask when you submitted your renewal application (ie how long did it take to move to 'conditionally renewed'?).

Also, I thought there was a new , streamlined process where you will not require an interview on a renewal?

Thanks

Stranger Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 30545836)

Also, I thought there was a new , streamlined process where you will not require an interview on a renewal?

It was a while back, but when we renewed, my wife was not asked for an interview. I was.

Adam Smith Dec 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 30545836)
Can I ask when you submitted your renewal application (ie how long did it take to move to 'conditionally renewed'?).

Not everyone has to go for an interview, but some people do. My wife and I had the opposite of Stranger - she had to have one, I didn't.

172pilot Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

When you renew your Nexus card, the number doesn’t change. The only thing that changes is the 5 digit number that comes after the Nexus ID.

canadiancow Dec 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by 172pilot (Post 30546033)
When you renew your Nexus card, the number doesn’t change. The only thing that changes is the 5 digit number that comes after the Nexus ID.

The expiry date will also be six birthdays from now, right? :p

flyquiet Dec 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by 172pilot (Post 30546033)

well, and the expiry date, which you need for APIS.

172pilot Dec 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet (Post 30546151)
well, and the expiry date, which you need for APIS.

APIS yes, preCheck no.

flyquiet Dec 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Well, if only for GE, there is a sign at preclearance (between the carry-on X-rays and the officer at the podium) inviting drop-ins for people travelling on the day who are conditionally approved. I don't know if that also handles the Canadian side of the renewal but it should get the GE renewed on the outbound.