Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: How to enter "expired" nexus number - conditionally renewed - on AC ticket?

Question: How to enter "expired" nexus number - conditionally renewed - on AC ticket?

Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How to enter "expired" nexus number - conditionally renewed - on AC ticket?

My nexus card expiration date is in a few days.
It has been conditionally renewed for 11 more months, pending an interview.

I am planning to go to USA in Feb. I have currently scheduled a nexus interview in Jan.

I called AC reservation - the AC ticket requires nexus number and nexus expiration date to be entered - but of course, the expiration date could not be added by the agent - so he said that he could not really add the nexus number as well. So how do I proceed, adding my nexus number to my AC ticket. Main reason is to potentially get TSA precheck on return.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
If the trip is in February and the interview in January, why not wait to add it until the card is renewed? As you noted, the only benefit of having it on the reservation is for Pre Check, but that can be done at check in.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think it takes 2 weeks to get the card so you may not have it in time.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
KTN for Pre✓ does not require an expiration date.

Use your passport (with its expiration) in APIS, and add the KTN separately.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Or just don't enter anything in APIS now. Sounds like there's a good chance you'll have the new card by the time you travel.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My nexus card expiration date is in a few days.
It has been conditionally renewed for 11 more months, pending an interview.
Can I ask when you submitted your renewal application (ie how long did it take to move to 'conditionally renewed'?).

Also, I thought there was a new , streamlined process where you will not require an interview on a renewal?

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plumber

Also, I thought there was a new , streamlined process where you will not require an interview on a renewal?
It was a while back, but when we renewed, my wife was not asked for an interview. I was.
Plumber likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Plumber
Can I ask when you submitted your renewal application (ie how long did it take to move to 'conditionally renewed'?).

Not everyone has to go for an interview, but some people do. My wife and I had the opposite of Stranger - she had to have one, I didn't.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
When you renew your Nexus card, the number doesnt change. The only thing that changes is the 5 digit number that comes after the Nexus ID.

Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 172pilot
When you renew your Nexus card, the number doesnt change. The only thing that changes is the 5 digit number that comes after the Nexus ID.

The expiry date will also be six birthdays from now, right?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 172pilot
well, and the expiry date, which you need for APIS.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flyquiet
well, and the expiry date, which you need for APIS.
APIS yes, preCheck no.
canadiancow and flyquiet like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Well, if only for GE, there is a sign at preclearance (between the carry-on X-rays and the officer at the podium) inviting drop-ins for people travelling on the day who are conditionally approved. I don't know if that also handles the Canadian side of the renewal but it should get the GE renewed on the outbound.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.