Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ Inbound Flights delayed (Aug 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic

Anyone else stuck waiting to depart inbound for YYZ?

Our pilot just came one, originally blamed weather, but then mentioned "no one is sure what's going on" at the AC control desk and NAV

Anyone know whats going on?

6PM EST

Last edited by Zeeflys; Aug 17, 2018 at 4:15 pm Reason: updated time:
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Zeeflys

Our pilot just came one, originally blamed weather, but them mentioned "no one is sure what's going on" at the AC control desk and NAV

6PM EST
Well, the weather has been crap the past hour or so in and around the GTA.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well, the weather has been crap the past hour or so in and around the GTA.
you would hope the AC control desk would know that -

but thanks for the update
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
skybluesea likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
35 min ground hold after leaving gate @ LGA this aft

and last night Little SkyBlueSea left on LGA-YYZ on last flight - delayed + 2 hrs
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Other info also available on AC Travel Alerts

Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
News outlets reporting similar to downtown flooding as last week but doens't seem as bad... below ground level pathways around Union station are closed off due to flooding.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:35 pm

I'm at YYZ right now, departing to IAD at 2035. My flight is still showing as Scheduled, but tons have been cancelled. Lines at customer service desks are insane.

anyone know what I'm entitled to if I'm stranded overnight? Not sure what AC's rules are.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I'm at YYZ right now, departing to IAD at 2035. My flight is still showing as Scheduled, but tons have been cancelled. Lines at customer service desks are insane.

anyone know what I'm entitled to if I'm stranded overnight? Not sure what AC's rules are.

See post 6 and/or link to AC.com page https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...l-outlook.html

Scroll down to YYZ and click the links or see info.

BTW, not looking good at IAD either

Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like the east coast is a mess.

My flight has went to a 25 min delay. If its cancelled I guess I'll have to join the big Air Canada line here at YYZ

YYZ
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:30 pm

Just thought I'd remind folks that you don't need to deal with the zoo that is the customer service line for AC at YYZ if you've got *A Gold status with one of the major airlines! Best bet is to get the lounge agent to fix your problem or failing that do online rebooking. Overall, I've found the lounge dragons are more helpful/accommodating than the gate agents or the (non-existent) customer service reps.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just thought I'd remind folks that you don't need to deal with the zoo that is the customer service line for AC at YYZ if you've got *A Gold status with one of the major airlines! Best bet is to get the lounge agent to fix your problem or failing that do online rebooking. Overall, I've found the lounge dragons are more helpful/accommodating than the gate agents or the (non-existent) customer service reps.

Safe Travels,

James
On the other hand, I have seen lounge agents tell people that they are overwhelmed and head over to the rebooking desk. Better off to call rather than stand in line. I also have no idea why AC will not have a bank of phones connected to their call center instead of having a lineup of a couple of hundred people waiting to talk to three agents.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
We all have our issues with AC agents (or any CSR from any company for that matter) from time to time, and it's really frustrating being in a situation such as I see in the above photo, but whoever might find themselves dealing with them today please have an extra measure of patience. If you think you're in a world of hurt, it's multiplied by several hundred for them.

Good luck to all that are in that mess!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
On the other hand, I have seen lounge agents tell people that they are overwhelmed and head over to the rebooking desk. Better off to call rather than stand in line. I also have no idea why AC will not have a bank of phones connected to their call center instead of having a lineup of a couple of hundred people waiting to talk to three agents.
Yep. For example at YYZ domestic MLL it is often hit and miss. From all anecdotal evidence here including myself, YMMV at the MLL.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Zeeflys

Our pilot just came one, originally blamed weather, but then mentioned "no one is sure what's going on" at the AC control desk and NAV

6PM EST
I know what's going on. It's summer and there are/were thunderstorms at arguably the worst time of day for arrivals. That coupled with "red alerts" suspending ramp operations several times has caused backups on the ground as well.

There was a GDP (Ground Delay Program), that evolved into a GS (Ground Stop). Last I heard the GS was set to be lifted around 8pm local and go back into a GDP, but I've been busy with my own traffic.

Blame ATC (Nav). It's our fault....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.