Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto to Singapore options

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Now I have to see if I can land the project. It confirmed that my $12,500 US estimate for airfare coverage (me and MrsITAG) can be done.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
If you do consider flying via Europe - consider Milan Malpensa. Increasingly I have seen Customers using MXP as a connection point for Singapore. MXP has upgraded and has decent facilities and believe the lounge used is Sala Montale. Connection has decent buffer time, and apparently some decent fares routed via MXP. Also have seen an increase in AI connections to DEL using Milan as a transit point.

AC894 YYZ2045 MXP1030 (789)
SQ355 MXP1300 SIN0700 (350)
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
UA operates non stops nightly out of both SFO & LAX. 787 metal. SFO is an easier airport for cnx.
17+ hrs on United economy is just pure abuse! Almost the same as putting a person in jail for 24 hours before bail.

Business class - I'm gonna say Asian carriers have more decent food and customer service...... North American/European airlines, don't bother me after formal service, let me do my Sudoku, Crossword or iPad.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
17+ hrs on United economy is just pure abuse! Almost the same as putting a person in jail for 24 hours before bail.

Business class - I'm gonna say Asian carriers have more decent food and customer service...... North American/European airlines, don't bother me after formal service, let me do my Sudoku, Crossword or iPad.
united business in a 787 is abuse. I did a 2x2 x3 hnd-sfo on a UA787 - never again
Old May 14, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
United economy plus for 17+ hours is much less abuse than an AC 787 in economy for 12 hours.
Done both, and only the latter I'd consider abuse.

Never mind the HD.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
i've done YYZ-SIN and KUL via HND, NRT, HKG, PEK, TPE, IST. AC/CX/NH via hkg/pek/nrt are good for arrival timings. BR will get you there early morning, and has the best product in the air. TK was super cheap (i paid arund $3800 J) but sometimes they use old planes with angled lie flat on the KUL run.
if you're looking for cheap, I've also seen fares on Ethiopian with long layovers in ADD. the airport is a gong show but their planes are new.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
United economy plus for 17+ hours is much less abuse than an AC 787 in economy for 12 hours.

Never mind the HD.
they are both abuse...... its like choosing leather straps............
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
YYZ TPE
TPE SIN

All on BR on the 773 in business class. That's how I have made that flight for several years.
My favorite option for most of Asia is routing via TPE.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Aren't all jail cells equipped with lie-flat beds?
Old May 14, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by rankourabu

Never mind the HD.
I always love the UA Economy Plus comparisons to regular AC economy. The comparison should be to an AC Y Preferred Seat.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Slightly OT, but I am taking that flight on BR in a month to KUL

I've heard nothing but good things...I am sure they are all true?
Pre-flight was a bit chaotic. Different FAs came along to ask the same questions (drinks ), handing out headsets, forgot to take glasses away before take off until the last possible moment. On both transpacific and intra-Asia segments.

Otherwise it's great. Mmmm... Whole lobster tail , and whole abalone.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by karachi
if you're looking for cheap, I've also seen fares on Ethiopian with long layovers in ADD. the airport is a gong show but their planes are new.
I think that may be the understatement of the day.. Read some guys's trip report with a stop there and decided no way was I taking an Aeroplan award on that route (would have been long stopover)
Old May 14, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by mapleg
I think that may be the understatement of the day.. Read some guys's trip report with a stop there and decided no way was I taking an Aeroplan award on that route (would have been long stopover)
Well, half the time ET is so delayed they rebook you on another, better carrier so it's not all bad.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I always love the UA Economy Plus comparisons to regular AC economy. The comparison should be to an AC Y Preferred Seat.
How many preferred window seats on AC widebody to choose from for sleeping in Y purposes? 6?
CZAMFlyer likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by mapleg
Suggest you try it firsthand rather than rely on some stranger's tale. If swayed by anecdotal evidence, let me offer my own: I flew to, from and through ADD earlier this year, and the experience was perfectly smooth n' easy. Landed early in the morning (06:00), took the remote-stand bus into the terminal, obtained my visa on arrival, sauntered up to a ticket booth, bought an internal flight that departed an hour later, and had plenty of time to walk to the domestic terminal and stroll onto the next plane. Airborne again before 07:30. The dedicated priority Star Gold baggage carousel puts our local airports to shame.

Or...steer well clear and never savour the fun of new places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.