Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC569 Denied Boarding - Seeking Witnesses/Accounts (1/11 SFO-YVR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC569 Denied Boarding - Seeking Witnesses/Accounts (1/11 SFO-YVR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Often1
Security threat includes a lot more than terrorism.

Someone who loses control of themselves over a GA trying to keep the boarding lane clear is a tisk of losing control in a cramped space where the bus can't just pull over to boot him out.
+1 to that. IDK what a cycle costs on whatever A/C we are talking about, landing fees, gas, wear and tear, and any making it right for the other PAX, but if this goes bad for AC, its more than they would have to pay out in compensation.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Thumbs up to the passengers who did. Looks like the OP is going to get lots of witnesses if he works up the nerve to file a complaint.
What happened to the OP? $1200 UA460 flight that night and saved millions for the company?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
What happened to the OP? $1200 UA460 flight that night and saved millions for the company?
The OP has posted recently in another forum but has not updated this thread. Has he filed a complaint with AC? Have any witnesses contacted him directly to testify on his behalf?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Badenoch
The OP has posted recently in another forum but has not updated this thread. Has he filed a complaint with AC? Have any witnesses contacted him directly to testify on his behalf?
Who cares? This thread should have been locked a long time ago. But now we can stay tuned for another round of baseless speculation.
DrunkCargo likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:07 am

My two cents worth

I have to say that my biggest frustration is people clogging up the boarding area when their group hasn't been called yet. I am an American Executive Platinum. Sometimes I get upgraded but most of the time I am just a slightly elevated Group 2 passenger awaiting the "land rush" for open bin space. I que up away from the boarding lines about five minutes before I board and wait patiently for my group to be called. Without fail someone always walks around me and stands in the que area so that he/she can be the first group 2 to board, even though many of us are waiting patiently out of the way and not blocking the group 1's and pre boards. If a gate agent tells a passenger to move away that is his/her decision and I would generally applaud that. The flight was late and the gate agent had a lot of people to get onto the flight. As a frequent flyer I have a duty to be seen and not heard especially if it means minimizing the ongoing flight delay.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
CCTV is your friend. If I am not mistaken, there is a new enhanced CCTV system in SFO that would have recorded the period in question. See if SFO will provide copy. This would allow you to see if you were "blocking" the line. Better you check before AC does.
LOL, no way no how they'll give you the footage unless you are law inforcement or associated with an airline.

and OP, you have to realize the abuse the GAs take all the time - so even if you are pissed off, TRY not to piss them off - they DO have the power to cause you major problems.
DrunkCargo and quantumofforce like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by bagwell
and OP, you have to realize the abuse the GAs take all the time - so even if you are pissed off, TRY not to piss them off - they DO have the power to cause you major problems.
Your advice is spot on but there's little point in comments directed to the OP. He and his sense of entitlement are skulking in other regions of the site most likely never to be seen here again.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Witnesses Lie

Originally Posted by arf04

This, absolutely. For a number of years I flew regularly into and out of SAN on UA and there was one GA who was constantly getting into arguments with passengers prior to and during boarding. I had a very polite discussion with her once about status privileges that she denied me (she was wrong) and quickly realized this was a person you could not argue with so just shrugged my shoulders and walked away. She was completely unsuited for job. I never engaged her after that conversation. Some people just bring trouble with them and there’s nothing you can do no matter how right you are and how wrong they are.

Whatever the OP’s behavior, a reasonably skilled GA could have easily deflected him and moved on.
Originally Posted by Stranger
The witness presumably has no agenda. No reason to push either way. Sure, a second witness would be nice. But that's probably asking too much.
Witnesses lie for a variety of reasons, why we have a system that questions them under oath. The witness could have had an experience that caused a bias or just was bored, to presume is unreasonable. All that can be said is the Gate Agent should have been able to handle an upset passenger or not be in that job. Tearing up the boarding pass is the red flag that the agent was more about escalating the situation than calming it.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Witnesses lie for a variety of reasons, why we have a system that questions them under oath. The witness could have had an experience that caused a bias or just was bored, to presume is unreasonable. All that can be said is the Gate Agent should have been able to handle an upset passenger or not be in that job. Tearing up the boarding pass is the red flag that the agent was more about escalating the situation than calming it.
OP might also be lying, or at least speaking from a particular perspective. And witnesses might be lying, or speaking from a particular perspective. This is an internet forum, not a court of law, I think we can all reasonably draw a clear picture and the various lies and perspectives all come out in the wash.

As for the GA tearing up the BP, how wouldn't that be standard procedure? If a slip of paper is invalid, and itself not inherently important but could lead to confusion, you destroy it. Maybe a big void stamp (a lot of work if its a throw away item), or you spindle it, or you tear it in half. GA's are not escalating things when they tear up Y BPs when you get eUp'd, cooks are not escalating things when they spindle order slips when the order is done.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:57 am

Wow, what total ownage! LOL

The OP is the type of person that is profiled on the instagram handle @more_importanter. They accept submissions from fans. I only wish this situation was captured for all hahahaha
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I wish the OP would return and at least make a final comment.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
OP might also be lying, or at least speaking from a particular perspective. And witnesses might be lying, or speaking from a particular perspective. This is an internet forum, not a court of law, I think we can all reasonably draw a clear picture and the various lies and perspectives all come out in the wash.

As for the GA tearing up the BP, how wouldn't that be standard procedure? If a slip of paper is invalid, and itself not inherently important but could lead to confusion, you destroy it. Maybe a big void stamp (a lot of work if its a throw away item), or you spindle it, or you tear it in half. GA's are not escalating things when they tear up Y BPs when you get eUp'd, cooks are not escalating things when they spindle order slips when the order is done.
So you’re stating it’s normal for GAs to tear up perfectly good boarding passes? Ones that belong to a passenger, with his identifying info on it that he may not want those digging thru the trash to find, and which the GA only had in her possession for the purpose of boarding, not destroying?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So you’re stating it’s normal for GAs to tear up perfectly good boarding passes? Ones that belong to a passenger, with his identifying info on it that he may not want those digging thru the trash to find, and which the GA only had in her possession for the purpose of boarding, not destroying?
I've had GAs tear up boarding passes on multiple occasions.

Sometimes after it was decided I wouldn't be flying at all. Other times that it was decided I wouldn't be flying in that seat.

You seem to be focusing on tearing up the BP. The point at which a GA says "you're not flying", the BP is no longer valid, and is the only relevant part of this whole thing.

When dealing with an irate passenger, there's a risk they may try to board anyway, so an easy course of action to mitigate this is to destroy their boarding pass.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:47 pm

Standard procedure to tear up cancelled boarding passes.....Had it done at multiple airports after being reissued a new one. Part of it because its a security controlled document.

Either way..... This is the internet forum....all of us are armchair commenters.....and only court of public opinion counts.....
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:23 pm

I’ve had it done too, but not on a perfectly good ticket and not as a statement. The point was, not only had it become a relevant document, it was not the act of a GA trying to calm the situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.