Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Misbehaving FAs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eracerblue
I have seen this within the last month as well. Civilian dressed off duty staff with RAIC flying in cockpit jump seat.
me too, but I was referring to passenger cabin
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I have seen this within the last month as well. Civilian dressed off duty staff with RAIC flying in cockpit jump seat.
Could be a maintenance supervisor or HR drone or such catching a ride to a meeting. Not all employees wear uniforms.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Could be a maintenance supervisor or HR drone or such catching a ride to a meeting. Not all employees wear uniforms.
Good point. Though typically I have seen such workers board prior to boarding announcement, not last. It was a full, if not slightly overbooked flight.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Not trying to get pilots in trouble but it's definitely "possible" for non AC pilots/Company staff to get into the cockpit during flight as well...
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

Good point. Though typically I have seen such workers board prior to boarding announcement, not last. It was a full, if not slightly overbooked flight.
I'm sure there are rules about who is and isn't allowed to catch a ride in the jumpseat. And if it was a small A/C, could they both deploy the seat and move around at the same time?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:26 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
the real story here is that that someone was able to get more than 2 drinks from that loser-bar setup they have in yyc without the bar staff passive aggressively tapping the "do not get wasted before your flight. wasted pax are not allowed on the plane" sign.

I'm sure there are rules about who is and isn't allowed to catch a ride in the jumpseat. And if it was a small A/C, could they both deploy the seat and move around at the same time?
any ac employee traveling on business or leisure who is in possession of their raic gets jumpseat if all cabins are full. it used to be crew only but few years ago they allowed any raic'd empoyee. typical for transport canaduh, raic must be displayed (for whatever reason). so you're most likely seeing a non-rev on a leisure pass.

business travel (posi) will most definitely have a seat in the cabin
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Yvrflyr.......

Your thread title is wrong. There is no misbehaving from what I can see.

"You" knew they were AC staff, but I'd bet no one else did, and the fact that they were in civvies makes them the same as regular pax enjoying themselves. They didn't cross any lines in my rule book, but then again, I don't waste my time regulating and reporting on the behaviour of others I don't know. There's nothing to see here or complain about. Seriously.

Move on.
jaysona and Badenoch like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Air Canada employees, when traveling on Air Canada, whether or not they are in uniform, on duty or not, should always exemplify behavior that their employer would not find questionable.

I would report the situation in question.

Why? Passengers are always keeping an eye on things like this, which is why the original poster posted on FT.

On a recent flight from YUL to YYZ, I noticed Ben Smith standing by the jet way on his cell phone, talking away. Once we boarded, he was in J, of course, and boarded before SEs.

He had no idea who I was, and all I did was watch his behavior. He was respectful and polite, and no one was the wiser. (except the crew, of course). I would expect all employees to behave the same way. They are representing the company, after all.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:52 pm
alc

Just another theory

maybe this SD is actually "undercover" or like "mystery shopping" where is to report how AC staffs handling such type of PAX on board or at MLL.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
It is my understanding that off duty emloyees are not eligible to use the MLL but My info may be outdated
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: *$ Green
If the employee is in uniform or wearing a visible RAIC, report.

After that, it's unsure.

If the employee is travelling on travel benefits "space available" or whatever, they should be reported. They are using a privilege at a vastly reduced rate, and should have respect for paying customers.

If the employee is travelling on a revenue ticket, their behaviour is no more our business than any other passengers (ie FT fodder).

There are ways for us to figure out if it's an employee travelling on passes or not (eg appearing twice in the standby lists). But no one can be sure. I've heard of a situation where an E-something complained to the crew about giving "favours" to another passenger on board and wanted to make a complaint. Turns out the person wasn't an employee and in fact another SE. You can honestly never know for sure.

If it was me, I'd roll eyes, FT fodder, and let it go.

However, if the behaviour was disruptive to the point it compromised safety, or was disrespectful and attacked other passengers directly, then I would report it like I would any other employees. AC can figure out if it was an employee or not and deal with it accordingly.

My 2c.

Edit: Aren't employees travelling on benefits subject to a dress code and behaviour policy (re: United Airlines legging-gate)? How were they dressed?
jaysona and Badenoch like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by KDS777
Yvrflyr.......

Your thread title is wrong. There is no misbehaving from what I can see.

"You" knew they were AC staff, but I'd bet no one else did, and the fact that they were in civvies makes them the same as regular pax enjoying themselves. They didn't cross any lines in my rule book, but then again, I don't waste my time regulating and reporting on the behaviour of others I don't know. There's nothing to see here or complain about. Seriously.

Move on.
absolutely, just puzzled at first and then why is the personal life of an FA relevant.

agree move on
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Ahhhh, never mind!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
If the employee is in uniform or wearing a visible RAIC, report.

After that, it's unsure.

If the employee is travelling on travel benefits "space available" or whatever, they should be reported. They are using a privilege at a vastly reduced rate, and should have respect for paying customers.

If the employee is travelling on a revenue ticket, their behaviour is no more our business than any other passengers (ie FT fodder).

There are ways for us to figure out if it's an employee travelling on passes or not (eg appearing twice in the standby lists). But no one can be sure. I've heard of a situation where an E-something complained to the crew about giving "favours" to another passenger on board and wanted to make a complaint. Turns out the person wasn't an employee and in fact another SE. You can honestly never know for sure.

If it was me, I'd roll eyes, FT fodder, and let it go.

However, if the behaviour was disruptive to the point it compromised safety, or was disrespectful and attacked other passengers directly, then I would report it like I would any other employees. AC can figure out if it was an employee or not and deal with it accordingly.

My 2c.

Edit: Aren't employees travelling on benefits subject to a dress code and behaviour policy (re: United Airlines legging-gate)? How were they dressed?
this thread should have a wiki and this post be in said wiki.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:56 am

Wrong....some airlines allow staff/companion ticket on standby to do jumpseats during flight.... I found this out after I was stranded in Asia after the large earthquake/nuclear incident a few years ago and a friend arranged to get me back from HKG-LHR-NYC via jumpseats. Still have to pay and go through the ticketing process.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Oh and dare I say, I've also seen a civilian clothed employee sit in a passenger cabin jump seat for 90% of a transcon flight without RAIC or any form of employee ID. This passenger wasn't supposed to be in that seat and even had a functional regular seat with boarding pass. There was no lanyard. Certain member(s) here who are in the know with AC know what I'm talking about. Of course I fully expect the "how do you know this or that.. or it could be this or that blah blah"

i must be wrong! Clearly! What I state above must be IMPOSSIBRU!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.