Wiki Posts
Search

What's up with LO awards?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
What's up with LO awards?

I see plenty business saver awards when I search United and absolutely none when searching Aeroplan.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by chx1975
I see plenty business saver awards when I search United and absolutely none when searching Aeroplan.
Please provide dates and airports.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
If it's 330+ days out, that's normal, AE doesn't get access to that inventory.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yep, something is going on with LOT award availability and Aeroplan. This was reported yesterday here - http://travellingtheworld.boardingarea.com/2017/12/aeroplans-newest-glitch-lot-polish-airlines-not-bookable/#_ga=2.67744402.2019884132.1513644599-72880005.1484402826

Sorry for the ugly link, I'm posting from my phone and can't seem to properly insert a hyperlink.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yep, something is going on with LOT award availability and Aeroplan. This was reported yesterday here - Aeroplan's Newest "Glitch": LOT Polish Airlines Not Bookable - Travelling the World

Sorry for the ugly link, I'm posting from my phone and can't seem to properly insert a hyperlink.
Done.

Aeroplan's Newest "Glitch": LOT Polish Airlines Not Bookable - Travelling the World
jasdou likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Good to get confirmation, abominable that Aeroplan again lets us down.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:27 pm

No LOT availability on Aeroplan?

I've been trying to find a Toronto to Warsaw ticket in October in business class. Nothing is showing but looking on ANA it's wide open.

There isn't even anything simple like an economy ticket from Frankfurt to Warsaw in the month of November 2018 showing on Aeroplan.

It seems to me like a problem with Aeroplan if they can't access LOT inventory that other Star Alliance partners can.

I phoned in and the agent told me that they only have a certain allotment of flights for LOT and she thinks they used them all up. I said I never heard of that before. But she just repeated it and suggested to search other days. I said I did and they have no LOT availability anywhere across the board from anywhere to anywhere. But she just repeated this line about them having used up all their LOT lot.

All the flights available are on Lufthansa and Air Canada and of course super huge fees for those.

So, what do you think?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:43 am

Date example is below.

ANA: Frankfurt to Warsaw return August 15-18 in business class availability shows three LOT flights, LO384 departing and LO381 and LO3885 returning (which is in economy connecting through Katowice)

Aeroplan for the same days. LOT vanishes. Just Lufthansa, Austrian, Adria, Swiss.

It's like this for all LOT flights, dates and city pairs.

Has anyone heard them blame "we used up our allocation" before? I can't imagine Aeroplan gets that many bookings for Lot that they would get locked out. Other than Canada to Poland, which would take care of itself on star alliance inventory automatically by the bookings no longer being available. But if ANA can get them, United can get them, it's an Aeroplan problem.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ProtonJack

All the flights available are on Lufthansa and Air Canada and of course super huge fees for those.

So, what do you think?
I think you just answered your own question.
Funny that they've never has issues with LH/OS/TG and other high scamcharge airlines.

The only issues have been with CA, LX, UA, AV, CM and now LO.
All routes that have high scamcharge/AC alternatives presented when doing an online search.

How many people are going to go and look elsewhere and go hey, it's actually available!
And how many are going to trust availability online and give in and pay the scamcharges?

Remember AC reported hundreds of millions of revenue from Aeroplan scamcharges last year.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Games like these is why there should be more regulation of Airlines and FF programs.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:13 pm

Aeroplan blocking LOT seats

It appears 0 seats for all LOT flights are availble with aeroplan bookings throughout the whole schedule. Spent some time on the phone discussing this with it either being an "IT glitch" or "we reserve the right to release what we want, we are aeroplan" issue. Would appreciate it if anyone can chime in on how long this has been going on for, or if there is any way for them to fix it more quickly, perhaps if enough people inquire, it may speed that up a bit? A bit messed up they "reserve the right to sell which seats they want to". Not trying to pay an extra $200 to fly lufthansa one way.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
or if there is any way for them to fix it more quickly, perhaps if enough people inquire, it may speed that up a bit?
i doubt aeroplan can be pressured to speed things up. just look at AV, they've been unbookable for a long time now
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

LOT Availability on Star Alliance

Hi Everyone,

LOT Polish Airlines has not been showing ANY availability on the Aeroplan site for at least 6 weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I very may well be (fairly new at all of this), but you can also use the United MileagePlus site to search for availability as well. There is tons of LOT availability showing through the MiliagePlus site.

Has anyone actually had any success booking LOT as part of a Star Alliance redemption? I'd like to use LOT as part of a Mini-RTW I'm building for my wife and I, can I just call Aeroplan and spoon feed this segment to them stating that it's showing up on other Star Alliance partner sites? If so, can I expect the fairly reasonable charges on LOT that show on United's site to actually be accurate? In other words.. On United's site when I see $40 for a business class LOT flight, is that what Aeroplan is going to charge me, if I can even book it at all

Thanks very much
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:15 pm

I recently booked LOT business with ana points. Surcharges were $60us per tatl sector. As far as aeroplan, not sure the “block” is over yet, until then i doubt they will book it for you if it does not show on aeroplan.com. When i tried to book a aeroplan award i asked the supervisor to book me a ticket from waw to krk and it was impossible, even though my search revealed thousands of available seats on partner search engines. If you are looking to go thru poland on your rtw ticket, consider swiss, sas, or turkish, i had 12 segments on my last mini-rtw and i dont think there is a hard limit.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:32 am

Moops - Thanks very much for your answer. Makes sense that if Aeroplan does not show it then it's not bookable.

It does however confuse me slightly though. I've read in a few places that you can search other Star Alliance sites, like United, and then call into Aeroplan and request that segment. Perhaps what I read was just simply incorrect ?

If it is doable though, can someone let me know of an example when this would actually work given that booking a LO flight will not? Adria airlines is another that simply does not show on Aeroplan, ever, but does on United's reward site.

Apologies for derailing the thread a bit and thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.