Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan & Altitude notes from invite-only Toronto event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan & Altitude notes from invite-only Toronto event

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question two IT questions

Yes, I have a question.
AC claimed to be rolling out IT updates every six weeks? If so, why have we not seen them on aircanada.com?
Also, did they acknowledge/suggest they are x years behind their G* partners when it comes to IT?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Yes, I have a question.
AC claimed to be rolling out IT updates every six weeks? If so, why have we not seen them on aircanada.com?
Also, did they acknowledge/suggest they are x years behind their G* partners when it comes to IT?
An IT rollout need not be specific to user interface or user functionality...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Plumber
I am in the once-bitten-twice-shy camp (actually given where I have seen SE go, I would say 8-times-bitten ).....meaning I will believe the positive changes when I see them.

The problem is that any 'Black Swan' event can happen between now and the 2020 launch that could change things dramatically.
Understandable. Hey like I said, I chose to move away from AE & AC some time back. I've never regretted that move but I do regret that I was forced to make it.

I agree that lots can happen between now and 2020 (& beyond for that matter). But based on what I saw, and more to the point based on what I heard, my impression is that there's a sense of optimism at the AC Loyalty group and that they are very focused on making the right sorts of changes. Of course, we'll have to wait until 2020 to see what the fruits of their labour will be but I would suggest we wait with a cautious hopefulness and not with a dark sense of gloom.

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Actually they said they're making updates to AC.com every 6 weeks. Why are those not visible changes? I have no idea. Remember, I'm not a guy who flies AC much these days. But I believe they've changed their ways internally and that the changes will continue to come in ways that are generally good.

Are they behind in IT? The move to Amedeus, I think, is indicative of how serious they take things. There wasn't direct acknowledgement of a sad state of IT affairs, but there wasn't a glowing sense of accomplishment either. They seem to realize that their existing PSS (Passenger Service System) which they bought from BA back in the 1990s is simply not the platform to carry them forward.

In general I think the AC Loyalty people understand that what got AC here is not necessarily what will take AC "there". So rather than stay the same, they are focused on change. I think that attitude from AC is a refresing one. Will it all work? Like I said, let's wait with a cautious hopefulness.
Plumber, martyYOW and jasdou like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.