Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
  • Date: December 19th, 2017
  • Time: from 17:30 onwards
  • Location: Union Chicken at Toronto Union Station (reserved under Flyer talk)
Will Attend:
Jumper Jack
GHT
BackSlash3
jc94
canadiancow
ScGhost0
Shareholder
JMA 12
vernonc
canopus27
The Lev
expert7700
yyznom@d
diddy was here!

Waitlist:
longtimeflyin

Not Impossible:
RCyyz
Traacs
songsc

Meh; Not this time:
RangerNS

Bumped:
allbrosca
Print Wikipost

YYZ National / Holiday DO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

i have not forgotten about you all.... I was hoping to do Union Chicken at Union Station, but so far they have not opened yet. I am also open to doing Pickle Barrel or elsewhere as back up plan.

Let me know.
GHT
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i have not forgotten about you all.... I was hoping to do Union Chicken at Union Station, but so far they have not opened yet. I am also open to doing Pickle Barrel or elsewhere as back up plan.

Let me know.
GHT
St.Louis, Keg, Dragon Pearl
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Actually I know this amazing burger place called Richmond Station, its near the BMO building in downtown. They also serve rabbits if you are into those things.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I do love me a good burger.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller

Let me know.
GHT
Theres a Union Chicken opening at Union station? Where?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:48 am
Original Poster

NW corner of the building near York/Front Street in the lower level.

There's Amano (italian pasta place - it was so/so) and next year WVURST is coming too.

My understand Union Chicken is supposed to open by now, however its delayed....... Hopefully it will be open by time we do our YYZ MiniDO

Originally Posted by jc94

Theres a Union Chicken opening at Union station? Where?

Last edited by global happy traveller; Dec 10, 2017 at 10:01 am
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I'd be available to join the 19th gathering downtown but heading out west on the 20th.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:41 pm

Interesting, even after 4 years I still find it a maze down there. I’m pretty open to any place, just let me know where.

Regarding the airport, just bear in mind it’s not that easy to get a non Uber black (or taxi of course) direct from T1. Granted it is going to be easier for those driving in from the West side of the city.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:19 pm

Regarding the airport, just bear in mind it’s not that easy to get a non Uber black (or taxi of course) direct from T1.
What really infuriates me is that their airport zone includes a BUNCH of airport hotels. It's quite a walk from the Four Points if you want to get an X.

That being said, most of the restaurants by the airport are far enough away that they're in the X zone, so for anyone not coming from YYZ, it would be fine both ways.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What really infuriates me is that their airport zone includes a BUNCH of airport hotels. It's quite a walk from the Four Points if you want to get an X.

That being said, most of the restaurants by the airport are far enough away that they're in the X zone, so for anyone not coming from YYZ, it would be fine both ways.
The Alt hotel end of the monorail works. It’s just a pain. And you can get a normal Uber TO the airport anyway.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:11 pm

The Alt hotel end of the monorail works. It’s just a pain. And you can get a normal Uber TO the airport anyway.
My experience at the ALT (and I explicitly took the train there to try this a couple times) was that I was still forced to get Uber Select. Hence why I walked to the Four Points. And then gave up and just paid for Select.

However, I just tried it in the app, and you are correct. I guess they fixed their dumb radius.

Therefore, it's now very easy to get X or Pool from YYZ, as long as you don't have a ton of luggage
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:22 pm

My experience at the ALT (and I explicitly took the train there to try this a couple times) was that I was still forced to get Uber Select. Hence why I walked to the Four Points. And then gave up and just paid for Select.

However, I just tried it in the app, and you are correct. I guess they fixed their dumb radius.

Therefore, it's now very easy to get X or Pool from YYZ, as long as you don't have a ton of luggage
Yes getting there from T1 with three rollers is difficult But it saved me $70.

I know most people here don’t travel with excessive luggage however. Especially if coming in primarily for a do.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:37 pm

With <9 days to go, given the list of potential confirmed list for DO#2, it would appear its no longer necessary
The problem is more to do with the location issue.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

i should just be a FT private uber for people..... think the cheapest has been Uber WAV (accessible one). taxi cab at Uber X prices.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Sorry for off topic post, but what's the deal with UBER at the Toronto airport? Tried yesterday and no Uber X option. I ended up taking a cab, since the lowest price Uber option was about $20 more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.