Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan itinerary looked void/canceled when checking in for TK Flight today in LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan itinerary looked void/canceled when checking in for TK Flight today in LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:01 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by echino
First showing as Economy on AC website is because of booking code "O". You are in First, no need to worry.

The waitlisted segments on SQ might be a sign of a problem though.
On hold with Aeroplan... Looks like there is an issue. They are looking into it but looks like one of my flights is in the process of being cancelled. So before I commit to anything what are my rights. I had a confirmed business seat on a First reward (no first on this plane). What happens if the new flight they find has no reward space or they want to put me in economy?

EDIT: Ok it's now confirmed I've been switched flights as the other flight was in fact cancelled and I am remaining in business.

Thanks

Last edited by FB_; Oct 13, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by FB_
On hold with Aeroplan... Looks like there is an issue. They are looking into it but looks like one of my flights is in the process of being cancelled. So before I commit to anything what are my rights. I had a confirmed business seat on a First reward (no first on this plane). What happens if the new flight they find has no reward space or they want to put me in economy?

EDIT: Ok it's now confirmed I've been switched flights as the other flight was in fact cancelled and I am remaining in business.

Thanks
Good thing it worked out.

Multi airline itineraries aren't for the faint of heart.

I enquired about RTW *A fares once (not award, but paid bookings), and there was a clause that straight up said you may straight up be denied a change if it involves 2 airlines or a reroute due to technical limitations.

I think there was also something about any airline on the ticket being allowed to make changes and take over the ticket, maybe for that reason?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Talking

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
The saga continues... with a new issue.

Checking into WAW today agent is confused, after a few phone calls in rapid Polish tells me that my significant other is unable to check bags as my “travela agent” has issued a ticket that has an error that states she can only check in 1 bag with a limit of 2kg. Yes. 2kg. No help when talking to supervisor either. Said i need to call my agent to fix the ticket. Told him agent is closed in Canada. They were not willing to waive. He asked if she was upgraded from economy and generally seemed sympathetic.

I would have said "just accept the bags and have the revenue accounting department send the "travel agent" a debit memo (also known as ADM) for the baggage fee".

Aeroplan receiving an ADM would be a lesson for them to be more careful in issuing tickets. In some countries, staff working at "travel agencies" can get fired if they get too many ADMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.