Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Passengers not in J putting their luggage in J's overhead bins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passengers not in J putting their luggage in J's overhead bins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by james dean
..to only use the overhead bin by your seat...and when you think about it, it makes sense, everyone is entitled to have space overhead their respective seat.
I agree, I don't see this to be any different than the space under the seat.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by The smallest state
OTOH - The pricing structure on airlines is Bass-ackwards in my opinion. The passenger should be given a free bag to check and you pay for the overhead space.
I have posted that suggestion in the past. Makes more sense than what is being done now. Convenience costs.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I have posted that suggestion in the past. Makes more sense than what is being done now. Convenience costs.
However with a quick and efficient checked luggage service, convenience ends up on the side of checking. Which entails extra costs for the airline.

Carrying your junk aboard was the good old Aeroflot approach.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:13 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
However with a quick and efficient checked luggage service, convenience ends up on the side of checking. Which entails extra costs for the airline.
Thankfully we don't need to worry about quick and/or efficient checked luggage service anywhere AC is concerned.
1Newflyer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Thankfully we don't need to worry about quick and/or efficient checked luggage service anywhere AC is concerned.
Actually at YYC it has been good lately, at least for priority-tagged bags. Last week our bags showed up right when we arrived at the carousel.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I agree, I don't see this to be any different than the space under the seat.
+1
However, the problem is that the crew often use J bins for equipment or their own bags. Particularly true on 319/320.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Actually at YYC it has been good lately, at least for priority-tagged bags. Last week our bags showed up right when we arrived at the carousel.
Domestic or international? I don't remember the last time I had to pick up a bag from a domestic flight, but 15-30 minutes wait seems common when coming off US or international flights.

And that's after walking from the plane and going through customs etc.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:42 am

I recall a TPAC flight where I was in PY. A woman in a seat in front of me found the bin above her full, she asked everyone around if that was there rolly. No one said anything, so she took it out, asked again, and put hers in the bin.

Later the flight attendant saw the other rolly in the aisle, asked to whom it belonged to and nobody said a peep. The flight attendant removed to who knows where.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.