Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Our In-flight Entertainment Lineup is Now Bigger and Better

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our In-flight Entertainment Lineup is Now Bigger and Better

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by vernonc
Hey yyznomad, while you wait with bated breadth for PBMC3, you need to watch Baywatch. It should fill in nicely.
noamd and me still have to do a full PBMC 1/2/3 marathon on a flight when it comes out. But if it doesn't I'm willing to step down to just doing PBMC 1/2 back to back on a flight. I think we could fit it in on a YYZ/YUL - YVR.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
noamd and me still have to do a full PBMC 1/2/3 marathon on a flight when it comes out. But if it doesn't I'm willing to step down to just doing PBMC 1/2 back to back on a flight. I think we could fit it in on a YYZ/YUL - YVR.
Sounds fun.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sounds fun.
oh it will be! PBMC is the best!! I don't know why both aren't still on the ent system.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:34 pm

why bother with the entertainment system? just have a bunch of stuff for us to download onto our pads and smartphones
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
why bother with the entertainment system? just have a bunch of stuff for us to download onto our pads and smartphones
If that's what you want just hop on a rouge flight, that's exactly what they have!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I'm up for it.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:15 am
alc

This year my EYW are full of E175/E190 and AirBus, so I get to watch movies. I was on ACr a couple times and I think I rather have that IFE instead as I can watch Int'l movie on it. With the North America routes, you finish all the title rather quickly . So, I had been waiting for Oct 16 as I kind of recall that is when they will "shake" it up a bit.

So, today Oct 16, I noticed the movie list is different on page 1 off the New Release, it is showing Wonder Woman now (used to be on its own from Page 3) but it end up having the exact same movies listed, so they "shake" it up with different order. so, I wonder why they even change it.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by alc
This year my EYW are full of E175/E190 and AirBus, so I get to watch movies. I was on ACr a couple times and I think I rather have that IFE instead as I can watch Int'l movie on it. With the North America routes, you finish all the title rather quickly . So, I had been waiting for Oct 16 as I kind of recall that is when they will "shake" it up a bit.

So, today Oct 16, I noticed the movie list is different on page 1 off the New Release, it is showing Wonder Woman now (used to be on its own from Page 3) but it end up having the exact same movies listed, so they "shake" it up with different order. so, I wonder why they even change it.
Why October 16? Where did you get this date from? It wasn't too long ago that they loaded the current listing. Prior to that it was at least four to five months before anything changed to the current one.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:38 am
alc

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Why October 16? Where did you get this date from? It wasn't too long ago that they loaded the current listing. Prior to that it was at least four to five months before anything changed to the current one.
This is a "believing" that I had from long long time ago where movies listing get update twice per month, major one on the 1st and a minor one mid-month... hence I had 15th/16th in my head all these years.

I just went thru the TV Comdey section and I think the first couple pages stuff are new - don't recall "Workin' Mom's" was on the list prior to today. So, maybe some changes, just not the Movies.... And I could just be day dreaming about this twice per month update.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
This is a "believing" that I had from long long time ago where movies listing get update twice per month, major one on the 1st and a minor one mid-month... hence I had 15th/16th in my head all these years.

I just went thru the TV Comdey section and I think the first couple pages stuff are new - don't recall "Workin' Mom's" was on the list prior to today. So, maybe some changes, just not the Movies.... And I could just be day dreaming about this twice per month update.
Working Moms or whatever it's called has been there for months already.

I have never seen this "second" load per month in the last half year, 300+ flights with IFE.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Working Moms or whatever it's called has been there for months already.

I have never seen this "second" load per month in the last half year, 300+ flights with IFE.
Sometimes I have a hard time believing there was a 'first' load
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Sad to say, the 2019 response to the claim Our In-flight Entertainment Lineup is Now Bigger and Better is a very loud No.
AC's selection is downright awful. Bland, boring, banal, bad. On a flight to Japan there are 4 Japanese produced films. 150+ major films were released in Japan in 2018, and Air Canada can only find 4? 110+ major films released in Korea in 2018 , and Air Canada offers 2 on the Korean routes. Korean cinema is bold and at times powerful, yet AC can't find more than 2 films.

Who is the buffoon responsible for the film selection? Is this person biased against northern Asians, or just culturally bankrupt and grossly ignorant? Whatever else the failings of mainland China may be, its cinema industry still puts out some of the best historical costume dramas, especially when theme based. No one does that genre as good as the Chinese, and yet nothing is loaded. There were several blockbusters released in the past 5 years, easily found on Taiwan based carriers, despite the pro-mainland sentiment, yet nowhere to be found on milque toast Air Canada.

How is it that EVA can offer a more diverse selection of foreign films than Air Canada? Same for Cathay. I just pulled up the scheduled movies on my next ANA flight and the Hollywood selection is bolder, more flavourful and more diverse than the limited garbage available on AC. The old excuse of there being limited inventory just doesn't work. Someone is cutting costs at AC and it stinks.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
just as a point of comparison, my Turkish 777 flight last summer showed "Movies(719)"

AC is far, far behind.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm not a big movie person to begin with, but with little variation in movies week-to-week, I have found myself watching independent, subtitled films just to pass the time.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:32 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Sad to say, the 2019 response to the claim Our In-flight Entertainment Lineup is Now Bigger and Better is a very loud No.
I think you make some solid points in the rest of the post, but I would point out that AC didn't say the entertainment lineup was bigger and better than anyone else's, they just said it was bigger and better than it was before, which is true

As to the crux of your concern, perhaps you should write in to AC with that feedback. We know some people at AC read FT, but your comments are more likely to get attention from the right person/people through the proper channels.
Transpacificflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.