Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Is he a member of this board?
Yes.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer
Thanks alc, I got updated. What's with GrandBend? holy smokes that dude/dudetter is climbing to the top of the leader board fast
I don't blame him for getting a lot of prairie flying done before the weather gets dicey. Although I suspect there are many more such trips in his near future...
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:59 pm
alc

Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer
Drinking has a lot to do with EYW, you get wings for your on board purchases. Even when I'm in J, I insist on purchasing wine from the Y cabin to get more wings.
Thank You for get my attention on this badge. I stop reading when I see dutyfree, didn't know on-board cafe count as well. I had been trying to find excuse to eat those expensive snack on board

My question is, does this only get the wings of the destination (landing) or both take off + landing. For example YYZ-YUL will get 200 or 300 wings.

I will go buy something on the flight I am on now (damn-it, I missed it on all my flights yesterday)

-- nevermind --

I misunderstood the info. It is the # of Aeroplan miles for that transaction.

Last edited by alc; Sep 18, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Thank You for get my attention on this badge. I stop reading when I see dutyfree, didn't know on-board cafe count as well. I had been trying to find excuse to eat those expensive snack on board

My question is, does this only get the wings of the destination (landing) or both take off + landing. For example YYZ-YUL will get 200 or 300 wings.

I will go buy something on the flight I am on now (damn-it, I missed it on all my flights yesterday)

-- nevermind --

I misunderstood the info. It is the # of Aeroplan miles for that transaction.
And you only earn Aeroplan miles on mainline purchases. EYW runners don't spend much time on mainline
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
A little over 3 weeks left to book and the 4 mystery badges are still a mystery. Wondering when they plan to start releasing these, or if they will all come out together.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
A little over 3 weeks left to book and the 4 mystery badges are still a mystery. Wondering when they plan to start releasing these, or if they will all come out together.
Yeah I'm waiting to book
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
First time playing EYW. Can someone confirm the Rest Up badge?

Sit back, relax, and earn the Rest Up badge (250 Wings) for every take off and every landing when you enjoy the benefits of flying in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, or Business Class to any eligible North American airport on the Destination and Super Destination badge lists. Eligible booking classes are J,C,D,Z,P,O,E, and N.
I have a PY flight YVR->YUL->YVR. Is this 250 wings (1x "to" destination badge") 500 wings (1x from + 1x to "destination badge") or 1000 wings (4 take off and landing in PY from/to destination badge)?

My suspicion is 250 since there is only 1 segment "to" a destination badge (YUL).
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:07 am
alc

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
First time playing EYW. Can someone confirm the Rest Up badge?

I have a PY flight YVR->YUL->YVR. Is this 250 wings (1x "to" destination badge") 500 wings (1x from + 1x to "destination badge") or 1000 wings (4 take off and landing in PY from/to destination badge)?

My suspicion is 250 since there is only 1 segment "to" a destination badge (YUL).
The way I understood is as follow:

YVR-YUL (100+200) Destination Wings + 250 Rest Up badge
YUL-YVR (200+100) Destination Wings + 250 Rest Up badge

so, 1,100 wings in total for this trip.

The wordings in T&C:

To earn the Rest Up Badge and the Stretch Out! Badge, any eligible flight segments must be undertaken in the following eligible fare options (booking classes): Premium Economy Lowest and Premium Economy Flexible (O, E, N); Premium Rouge (O, E, N); and Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible (J, C, D, Z, P). Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, last-minute paid upgrades, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this PROMOTION based on the eligibility of the original Economy Class fare purchased and will not be eligible for these two Cabin Badges.
So, I read it as per flight. Hence, if I link this to an Aeroplan miles posting/transaction, you get 250 (or 500 for Int'l flights) every time when you get that 25%/50% AQM bonus for PY or J.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
The way I understood is as follow:

YVR-YUL (100+200) Destination Wings + 250 Rest Up badge
YUL-YVR (200+100) Destination Wings + 250 Rest Up badge

so, 1,100 wings in total for this trip.

The wordings in T&C:

So, I read it as per flight. Hence, if I link this to an Aeroplan miles posting/transaction, you get 250 (or 500 for Int'l flights) every time when you get that 25%/50% AQM bonus for PY or J.
I read the same. And it you fly from one destination/super destination airport to another in those fare classes, you get the points for both take-off and landing in each segment.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I read the same. And it you fly from one destination/super destination airport to another in those fare classes, you get the points for both take-off and landing in each segment.
Thanks for pointing out the T&C. Yes, clear now.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:40 am

how do your earn the miles? I flown twice ...Fort Mac to St. John's with stops in edmonton and Toronto. Then flown st john's to fort mac with flights in toronto and calgary. But I didn't earn any wings or points for any of the flights. I put in my aeroplan number. Was I suppose to do something else?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ndtman
how do your earn the miles? I flown twice ...Fort Mac to St. John's with stops in edmonton and Toronto. Then flown st john's to fort mac with flights in toronto and calgary. But I didn't earn any wings or points for any of the flights. I put in my aeroplan number. Was I suppose to do something else?
Wings, if applicable, will usually show up 24-48 hours after the flights have credited to your Aeroplan account. You will not get wings for your flights if the flights were booked prior to September 7 and/or flying on a Tango fare. I am also assuming that you have registered on the Earn Your Wings website
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: AC SE
IRROPS and EYE

Can one request badges/wings based on original routing in the case of IRROPS?

I am currently in BUD where LH messed up my return itinerary, which will make me miss out on a decent number of badges and wings...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:10 am
alc

Originally Posted by jasdou
Can one request badges/wings based on original routing in the case of IRROPS?

I am currently in BUD where LH messed up my return itinerary, which will make me miss out on a decent number of badges and wings...
You can try, but I don't think you will get it, especially if it is not an AC fault that trigger your IRROPS.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Which information is correct
In the rules it states
Register and book your flights between September 7 and October 11, 2017, 19:59 ET, for travel between September 7 and December 11, 2017, inclusively.

or in today's Altitude Report

Earn Your WingsTM is well underway, and it’s your chance to earn thousands of Bonus Aeroplan® Miles over the coming weeks! If you haven’t started playing yet, it’s not too late. Simply register with your Aeroplan Number, start flying and watch the bonus miles roll in. The more strategically you travel, the more you’ll earn. If you finish within the top 10 on the leaderboard, you’ll earn your equal share of 10 million Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Sky’s the limit! Register and book by October 7, for travel by December 11, 2017

As well 14 days left ( unless announced after the booking dates ) for the Mystery Badges

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.