Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada, customer flag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Ahh thanks yyznomad

Not really a user of forums as other than DIY help never find myself needing them - in a polite way of course.

Cheers
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:48 am

There could be a variety of reasons New Friend was flagged not relating to 2 adults drinking wine on a flight. If she was on a "no fly" type of list, it would have been dealt with at check in not at the gate.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo
I observed a rude pax on a flight who took a strip out of the FA. Offered to back FA. She said thanks but not necessary. "I will write him up and he won't fly AC again".
Is being banned from AC supposed to be a punishment? Me thinks not
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by OilyDuck
Excuse me Miss Chambers, but shouldn't it be 'I thinks'?
I pity all of the young pups on this board who won't get the reference.

I guess the real problem is that if the OP has trouble finding out if he is on some sort of naughty list, and if he is, how he got there and how to get off of it. OP is scared by ACs lack of transparency.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bartolo
I observed a rude pax on a flight who took a strip out of the FA. Offered to back FA. She said thanks but not necessary. "I will write him up and he won't fly AC again".
If I heard that, I'd assume they were just venting. I would hope it would take more than the word of one FA to ban someone from AC. In your case, they obviously could have had your word too, but I'd expect that to be necessary.

Originally Posted by Dingly
Hi Both,

Thanks for your reply, beginning to get a bit stressed by this tbh.

Normally with a Premium Economy ticket you can buy a Maple Leaf Lounge pass - you can with Economy Flex tickets for example - and its normally an easy process.

I know that there was no cause for the airline staff to speak to me during the flight, they actually only spoke to the lady next to me and at no point did they suggest that we should not have any more red wine.

I left the plane normally, exited customs and went home. So have not had any contact from AC either via my Aeroplan account or otherwise.

If I had been put onto a 'no-fly' list by AC how would I know this ? Is it just turn up at the airport and be surprised or would I have been given some indication before hand ?

I know this sounds a bit odd but I am really wracking my brains and turning over every aspect of the flight, probably driven more by not being a good traveller ( despite it being my job ) than anything else.

Thanks again
I can't even count how many times I've slurred my speech towards ground agents and FAs, and I've never had an issue getting on a flight.

Drunk passengers are not problems. Aggressive passengers are.

One time I heard two FAs talking about me and a companion as we boarded and sat down. I was nervous for a minute, then I passed out and woke up on touchdown.

A drunk cow is a very easy passenger to deal with

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I think you're worrying over nothing.

If you've ever heard some of the stories from other AC people on this board, yours pales in comparison
*cough* AC 757 *cough*

Hi,

Lets try and take the questions

Ticket type is Premium Economy and I have booked lounge access on this fare on two previous trips.

Departure airport Heathrow, returning from Toronto.

Various reasons - wow started with yes no problem we can help you with this ( as per previous ), then phone on hold and then
1. Hung Up
2. Sorry Not the correct Ticket Type
3. ( Supervisor ) There is no ML at Heathrow its operated by someone else and they say no
4. (S) Ahh no its the ticket type
5. (S) Ahh no its that you booked through an agency

Freaking out because this has never happened to me before, there really was no more to the behaviour on the flight, no one spoke to me personally, alcohol never refused, left plane under own steam, no senior FA spoke to me, send thank you and left at Heathrow.
This sounds like an agent trying to come up with a reason why the system won't allow it.

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Ac has had that damn millennium bug in it's IT system for quite awhile, leading to bookings/boardings being misapplied.

It's often the case that FAs will write up extremely angry customers after the flight, should they have waddled themselves into a disturbance. Especially if a yellow card was issued, leading to problems with future bookings.
It took me to the end of the first sentence to figure out what you were doing.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
What I meant by PY class is that there is more than one flavour of Premium Economy. There is E and N and O, for example. Maybe (making this up) MLL passes are only available on O class, for example.

The lounge web page for LHR https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...e-details.html
says Latitude or Flex. PY is not Latitude or Flex. Perhaps that is a failure to update the policy formula since the emergence of PY.

What makes you think your friendly erstwhile travel buddy was "flagged" for behaviour on your shared flight? She might have been up to all kinds of other misbehaviour outside your presence, either before your shared flight or since.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

Yes, being on a list does not fill me with confidence. I used to run a CRC Team ( different industry though and NO blacklists).

Had a quick response from new found friend and passenger; excessive laughter and possibly not giving back the empties properly as they fell on the floor when we stood up to leave; cue more giggles. But finished the flight nice and quietly.

Could she be on a list for something else ? Possibly but I really doubt it.

Actually what happened to her was that a big red bar, saying Alert, popped up onto the screen at boarding gate; unfortunately could not read text.

PY class as an aside, if you go onto the web site, select flights, inc the ones I am booked onto, them continue with booking it offers you lounge access at the $25 option. So not convinced that it is just the ticket type.

Anyway, thanks for comments, feeling a little better, onwards and upwards. If anything does happen and you think it's useful to know, let me know and I can continue to update.

If not assume someone will retire this thread.

Cheers
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the input.

Yes, being on a list does not fill me with confidence. I used to run a CRC Team ( different industry though and NO blacklists).

Had a quick response from new found friend and passenger; excessive laughter and possibly not giving back the empties properly as they fell on the floor when we stood up to leave; cue more giggles. But finished the flight nice and quietly.

Could she be on a list for something else ? Possibly but I really doubt it.

Actually what happened to her was that a big red bar, saying Alert, popped up onto the screen at boarding gate; unfortunately could not read text.

PY class as an aside, if you go onto the web site, select flights, inc the ones I am booked onto, them continue with booking it offers you lounge access at the $25 option. So not convinced that it is just the ticket type.

Anyway, thanks for comments, feeling a little better, onwards and upwards. If anything does happen and you think it's useful to know, let me know and I can continue to update.

If not assume someone will retire this thread.

Cheers
Was your friend in the emergency aisle? If so, an alert pops up at boarding. I believe it's in red. It's to ensure the passenger is able/old enough to sit in that row.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Also for international flights if you have not had your document checked by a person at the airport (web/mobile check in).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
That's exactly what happens when they need to do a document check before boarding (check your passport / visa are appropriate for the destination).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by OilyDuck

Ya, this is kind of a blessing to some.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
What is the yellow card referred to above?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:53 pm

i have Priority Pass with two free guests via my credit card. i concur that the OP was flying in Y and was not allowed lounge acc3ss. This is why i have Priority Pass.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
As much as I like the idea of a writeup, isn't that kinda like guilty until proven guiltier?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sulfur
As much as I like the idea of a writeup, isn't that kinda like guilty until proven guiltier?
... or being assumed to be guilty until proven to be DrunkCargo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.