FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Standby and Upgrade List (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1817203-standby-upgrade-list.html)

Cozmo456 Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am

I think someone is posting alternative facts. There is no freaking way this can be true.

hydrogen Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Cozmo456 (Post 27806070)
I think someone is posting alternative facts. There is no freaking way this can be true.

I think we're going to have to re-evaluate our relationship here.

YYZFlyboy Jan 23, 2017 11:58 am

I have a three letter last name. I'd be pissed if my whole name was up there for all to see. Zero privacy, that's a problem - maybe they have a contingency for three letter last names.................

Dorian Jan 23, 2017 11:59 am

Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy (Post 27806157)
I have a three letter last name. I'd be pissed if my whole name was up there for all to see. Zero privacy, that's a problem - maybe they have a contingency for three letter last names.................

How would anyone know this about you by looking at the list?

canadiancow Jan 23, 2017 12:05 pm

My primary issue is that standby is left of (i.e. before) upgrades, but it's processed after.

It should be on one screen, BELOW upgrades.

Or they should just show the damn onload list with KO**SE etc. so that I know why I am wherever they say I am.

YYZFlyboy Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm thinking more if it ends up like the United where the list is displayed for everyone to see.

I don't want my name displayed to all and everyone - regardless of who knows what.

ffsim Jan 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy (Post 27806220)
I don't want my name displayed to all and everyone - regardless of who knows what.

Then I hope you never take a transborder flight through YYZ with a checked bag... this is precisely the same system the CBP uses in the waiting room.

Cozmo456 Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I just got the update on my Android. It is true.

YYZFlyboy Jan 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 27806242)
Then I hope you never take a transborder flight through YYZ with a checked bag... this is precisely the same system the CBP uses in the waiting room.

Never done that but I wouldn't be thrilled with that either, though less so than a big sign at the boarding area with my name on it.

I'm not going to go into a tail spin about it, just wouldn't like it much - that's all I'm sayin'

Dorian Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy (Post 27806283)
Never done that but I wouldn't be thrilled with that either, though less so than a big sign at the boarding area with my name on it.

I'm not going to go into a tail spin about it, just wouldn't like it much - that's all I'm sayin'

I would be as well, if it was actually my name there. Luckily it is 3+1 letters from my full name.

YYT82 Jan 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I know some people with two letter last names. Where should they go to file privacy complaints?

flyquiet Jan 23, 2017 2:33 pm

When you go update your passport at NEXUS, you write your ENTIRE FULL NAME on the clipboard. That perturbs me to no end but you show nonconformity in that office at your peril.

DrunkCargo Jan 23, 2017 3:23 pm

They also page you for docs check at T-60+ sometimes, while you're far from the gate in the lounge... And they used to page for upgrades to verify voucher/coupon and staple it to BP, among many other reasons...

Privacy is a myth, especially in a public facility like an airport terminal.

Sean Peever Jan 23, 2017 3:26 pm

If they were actually concerned about privacy they would have privacy filters on the tens of thousands of monitors that AC uses at checkin (automated and desk), lounge, gate, CSR desk, etc.

ffsim Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet (Post 27807035)
When you go update your passport at NEXUS, you write your ENTIRE FULL NAME on the clipboard. That perturbs me to no end but you show nonconformity in that office at your peril.

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 27807265)
They also page you for docs check at T-60+ sometimes, while you're far from the gate in the lounge... And they used to page for upgrades to verify voucher/coupon and staple it to BP, among many other reasons...

Privacy is a myth, especially in a public facility like an airport terminal.

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 27807287)
If they were actually concerned about privacy they would have privacy filters on the tens of thousands of monitors that AC uses at checkin (automated and desk), lounge, gate, CSR desk, etc.

All these (valid) examples in conjunction with the latest update to the Android app tell me that the lack of a visible standby list prior to today had absolutely nothing to do with privacy.