Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Suddenly seeing ads for Air Asana so went to check it out. We thought AC IT was bad, their year picker goes up to 10000 (yes 9999+1).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj
Congrats. First job after graduation is a really special one. Well done.
Especially to get a job in your field straight away!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Got my first offer, pretty thrilled. Pay with signing bonus was more than expected so that's always good.
Though I have to respond in seven days, which means I have to put off my dream of working in tech/SFO(for now).

Will be relocating back to YYZ immediately post grad, going to miss Whistler though.
Sweet! Congratulations. Is it the job we talked about at Cactus?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Sweet! Congratulations. Is it the job we talked about at Cactus?
Yes
Btw how was 773HD Y?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Yes
Btw how was 773HD Y?
The seat beside me was vacant so it felt better than premium economy. LOL
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
The seat beside me was vacant so it felt better than premium economy. LOL
The seat beside me isn't the issue in 777 Y.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94
The seat beside me isn't the issue in 777 Y.
Not if I am sitting in the seat beside you lawl
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:43 pm

Not if I am sitting in the seat beside you lawl
It's still not my biggest problem Crushed legs are more painful that being continually elbowed. Not that I won't be much less unhappy if I get a spare seat next to me ... but given I always buy preferred it doesn't tend to happen.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Got my first offer, pretty thrilled. Pay with signing bonus was more than expected so that's always good.
Though I have to respond in seven days, which means I have to put off my dream of working in tech/SFO(for now).
Congrats

Sillycon Valley is all hype . It's not worth coming here. You made the right choice :-:
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:35 pm

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/27/...ime-echo-trust

Interesting Article

Not only do consumers trust Amazon with sensitive personal details about what they purchase and data about their interests, they trust the brand almost as much as they trust their bank, the survey finds. Among the top five big tech brands — Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft — Amazon ranks highest among consumers asked how willing they'd be to recommend the company’s services to friends and family.

AMAZON RANKS HIGHEST AMONG CONSUMERS ASKED HOW WILLING THEY'D BE TO RECOMMEND THE COMPANY’S SERVICES
Amazon also ranks highest on passion, beating out Apple and the others when consumers were asked which brand they’d care the most about missing if it were to disappear tomorrow. The survey, conducted from September 28th to October 10th, included 1,520 people nationally representative of the US, based on 2016 US Census estimates.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I can think of a company with a higher NPS than Amazon
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can think of a company with a higher NPS than Amazon
Which one?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Which one?
I work there
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:12 pm

I never turned down an offer to fly me in for interview, until today.

I explained to them it is my intention to accept the offer from the other firm. They were really determined to fly me in before the offer deadline, and even had their senior management calling me to persuade me to come in.

In the end, I said No (for a 2nd time) because I don't want them to spend over $1K to fly me in and only to have me rejecting their offer (I would feel really bad about that). But on the other hand I feel like it was rude of me to say no despite their efforts.(Which is also causing me some grief atm)

My mind is now twisting back and forth, did I make a mistake in saying No?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I never turned down an offer to fly me in for interview, until today.

I explained to them it is my intention to accept the offer from the other firm. They were really determined to fly me in before the offer deadline, and even had their senior management calling me to persuade me to come in.

In the end, I said No (for a 2nd time) because I don't want them to spend over $1K to fly me in and only to have me rejecting their offer (I would feel really bad about that). But on the other hand I feel like it was rude of me to say no despite their efforts.(Which is also causing me some grief atm)

My mind is now twisting back and forth, did I make a mistake in saying No?
Don't second guess. You made a decision, now own it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.