Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices eUpgrade credits may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for credits will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer expiring eUpgrade credits to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Expiring e-upgrade credits!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I am estimating I will end with 16 and I wish it was zero. I may just do a mileage run for the hell of it to use up the credits.

This is not a bad balance to end with considering I started the year with 30 credits from some year end 2015 promotions. I earned another 40 for my E50K select privileges and then an additional 55 credits for my complimentary upgrade to E75K (a joint Fairmont and Air Canada promotion if I'm not mistaken). So to start with 125 and end with 16 is not bad. Of course, the upgrade from Tango with an add-on helped a lot with using these up.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YVRorange
I'm sitting at 60 left. May use a bunch when going to Cancun in a couple weeks if true spots are open. Redemption flight so a bunch of credits and the addon.

If not SearsTower did you need any? Hope all is well your world!
I do! I have three trips to the Us yet this year and only enough credits for one more one way! And next year, I will be doing a lot more.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: AC*, Porter, BA
A lowly 25K and all 20 are unused. And outside of the upcoming 1-day MR, nothing that else that is firmly booked is eligible. Seems silly to burn these on any segment of the MR, but I might as well, unless there is a way to book any weekendish trip in Jan/Feb that would certainly these up?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by olya
A lowly 25K and all 20 are unused. And outside of the upcoming 1-day MR, nothing that else that is firmly booked is eligible. Seems silly to burn these on any segment of the MR, but I might as well, unless there is a way to book any weekendish trip in Jan/Feb that would certainly these up?
If your YHZ-YUL-YOW-YYZ is all on one PNR, all same day, you should be able to eUp all three flights at the credit cost of YHZ-YYZ, for whichever segments are R>0.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
E50 and will end up with a bunch (haven't counted for a while but in the region of 30). Nominee option not open to me due to status.

Hate to see them expire and don't think I will use them as flights between now and end of Feb booked in J due to a great seat sale. Any suggestions welcome.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bartolo
E50 and will end up with a bunch (haven't counted for a while but in the region of 30). Nominee option not open to me due to status.

Hate to see them expire and don't think I will use them as flights between now and end of Feb booked in J due to a great seat sale. Any suggestions welcome.
Upgrade a stranger on your flight.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Upgrade a stranger on your flight.
Thought of that, thanks though. Regrettably J appears full already on all my flights (small cabin, 319). Good for AC but not anyone wanting to eup.

Slightly off this topic (apologies) but noticed the link under your signature above. Really enjoying your trip vicariously. Happy Birthday!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Currently have all 30 credits that I started the year with. Went the whole year upgrading on there peoples credits

If all goes well I should hopefully be able to use 24 of them upgrading my mom and I on a trip to Nassau in December.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AC100K MM, IHG Spire, Mariott Bonvoy lifetime titanium
For the first time ever, I will have just 1 left
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AC E75K
If any SEs with open nominee slots are feeling charitable, I'm planning to fly YOW-SFO on Jan 1 or 2 and am 5 credits short for an upgrade from Flex.

I've upgraded others in the past (back in the day with more than 1 nominee slot) and will aim to do so again in the future. Please PM me if you'd like to help.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
-4 will be left at the end of December - happy to have got my 20 for passing 100K just after the beginning of November (carefully planned) and another 20 in the annual bonus giveaway that don't expire until 2018

(-4 means I will have used 4 of the 2018 expiring ones - I don't think it is worth using another 21 for a planned YHZ-LHR flight even though there is lots of R space available - too short a flight to be worthwhile - OTOH if someone were to offer to make me their nominee....just sayin')
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Geoflying
-4 will be left at the end of December - happy to have got my 20 for passing 100K just after the beginning of November (carefully planned) and another 20 in the annual bonus giveaway that don't expire until 2018

(-4 means I will have used 4 of the 2018 expiring ones - I don't think it is worth using another 21 for a planned YHZ-LHR flight even though there is lots of R space available - too short a flight to be worthwhile - OTOH if someone were to offer to make me their nominee....just sayin')
"annual bonus giveaway" ??? I am missing something?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by acysb87
"annual bonus giveaway" ??? I am missing something?
good question!! I know last year there was a mess-up. They gave us some credits- I think by mistake- but took some back and let us keep some. But that is certainly not 'annual'. Geoflying- did you get some 'bonus' credits in Nov???
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
If any SEs with open nominee slots are feeling charitable, I'm planning to fly YOW-SFO on Jan 1 or 2 and am 5 credits short for an upgrade from Flex.

I've upgraded others in the past (back in the day with more than 1 nominee slot) and will aim to do so again in the future. Please PM me if you'd like to help.
I may be able to help you out.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Plumber
good question!! I know last year there was a mess-up. They gave us some credits- I think by mistake- but took some back and let us keep some. But that is certainly not 'annual'. Geoflying- did you get some 'bonus' credits in Nov???
See the 2 lines outlined in red. I am not sure how I got these and there was no email about them either year IIRC (except about the giving with one hand and taking away with the other that you refer to). Maybe my extra 20 this year are for becoming MM or something. I don't know. I don't do flight passes so it's not that.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.