FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: YQMYMM
Print Wikipost

AQD Not Posting for 2016 Flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by Geoflying
I just received my August "Altitude Report" by email and it had my AQD correct (as of Aug 18, i.e. 7 days ago).

It looks to me like there is a totally separate system for managing AQD from that which manages the AQM and that the website has to access both systems in order to match them up and serve up the page to the user on the website. There seems often to be an issue with retrieving the data from the AQD system in a timely fashion in order to do that.
The email was missing about $1000 compared to what the website showed over 2 weeks before 18 August, so I don't think this would fully explain it.

I would take a screenshot, but of course all my AQD are 'Not Available' right now on the website.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My email came in just after midnight, after this thread had been discussing it all day.

Mine says I have 1216 AQD.

This must be the least anyone spent on EYW.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
My email also came late last night and indicated that I have about 2050 AQD while in reality, it's more like 19700! AQM and AQS are correct though.

Maybe the email content is populated at the time the AQD system goes "offline" (i.e., AQD going down to 0) and mine was "caught" as it was going down? No idea.

Regardless, there are clearly so many issues with tracking/monitoring AQD and all the inconsistent numbers that are provided via the different communication route AC uses (web, email, phone, etc).

Unbelievable

And we are almost at end of August, months after the AQD system was launched. Far from successful. As so many other things launched by AC recently (zone boarding, website, app). Wait, at least AC is showing some consistency
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:49 am

When I just checked the counter was working again. I have passed $4,000 with all flown on Air Canada.

Having only ever obtained E35 on segments°, I no longer feel like a second class segment runner knowing that AC appreciates me and my spend.

°The reason for my tag Ew/oQ is from the days when Qualifying Miles or segments were the criteria.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All my AQM/AQS/AQD are current, even the flights taken Tuesday this past week
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I find it interesting that all you people seem to have received your Altitude Reports a couple of days ago when I have no sign of mine...

I submitted a request to AC for adjustment of the AQD on a UA-issued ticket this afternoon. By my calculations, vs what UA called the "base fare", AC was about 10% low on the AQD they credited me. We'll see what they have to say.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by adam.smith
I find it interesting that all you people seem to have received your Altitude Reports a couple of days ago when I have no sign of mine...

I submitted a request to AC for adjustment of the AQD on a UA-issued ticket this afternoon. By my calculations, vs what UA called the "base fare", AC was about 10% low on the AQD they credited me. We'll see what they have to say.
Hidden AC processing fee
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
How do you actually request missing AQD's? I have fights with valid mileage postings and no AQDs; It does not say "Pending". I follow the link on Aeroplan fill out the request and error tells me those miles are already credited. Does AC have an online request tool?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by sram
How do you actually request missing AQD's? I have fights with valid mileage postings and no AQDs; It does not say "Pending". I follow the link on Aeroplan fill out the request and error tells me those miles are already credited. Does AC have an online request tool?
Curious...was it a codeshare or AC metal?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by sram
For AQD the form is different form than the one for AQM and managed by AC. The link is in the wiki on this page: https://www.aircanada.com/en/aeropla.../aqd_form.html
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I gave up waiting for an August 8 flight. Used the online AQD form and got an almost immediate response apologizing for flight not posting. They couldn't say why but could see it wasn't going to. It has now posted on a separate line as a "Misc" entry! If you don't see it in a week, probably worth filling in the form.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: AC S100K
I just filled out the form this morning for my trip on AC34 on Aug 10, SYD to YYZ. AQM have posted no problem, but no AQD and I have other flights after that which have posted AQD.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I have noticed that when I have a return segment that is, for example, a month after the outbound segment on the ticket, that the AQD on the return segment(s) takes a while to post and stays as Pending for a while. When the ticket has been shorter, for example, a week, it has been posting with much more consistency.

Anyone notice this, or is this just my bad luck?

Also, I have noticed that my AQD total is now about $8 less than the sum of individual line items...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by D582
Also, I have noticed that my AQD total is now about $8 less than the sum of individual line items...
That's.................. remarkable.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by D582
I have noticed that when I have a return segment that is, for example, a month after the outbound segment on the ticket, that the AQD on the return segment(s) takes a while to post and stays as Pending for a while. When the ticket has been shorter, for example, a week, it has been posting with much more consistency.

Anyone notice this, or is this just my bad luck?

I use similar math when filling out my interest tax forms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.