Cheap Western Canada Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
It would be interesting if AC decided to leave things where they are:

1) All flights showing as "sold out"
2) Pocket everyone's money
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:58 pm

Doubt that's possible. These passes are supposed to book into J and if that is full then into "economy" with no specified bucket. I would imagine it would take some serious fare bucket reorganization to accomplish that it would be way more expensive to accomplish than its worth.

It will be interesting to see whether the sold out situation continues past 24 hours and if it does what the eventually admitted reason will be. My money is on a supposed technical glitch of some sort (provided they honor the passes that is).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:11 pm

People posted on Facebook that the flight pass has been removed, so I checked mine and it's gone .
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My pass just disappeared from my account. No notification yet from AC...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
I wouldn't be surprised if Air Canada cancels those passes and refunds the money. The opportunity cost of honouring those passes is tremendous. I know a few friends who bought it.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I know. I would have benefited from it because you emailed me about it. Having said that, even though I would have benefited from it, I feel the masses should have as well But hey, that's just me. Different personalities, 'tis all

Now I wouldn't have called Air Canada about it. That's just moronic.
But that's just it. Posting it on FT is worse than calling AC in terms of informing them that something strange has happened.

Also, the only difference between posting it and not posting it is that the lurkers get to use it, and AC finds out faster.

You think there aren't enough connections behind the scenes that everyone who's made 50 posts in this forum wouldn't have been notified via email?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex, Alaska
Originally Posted by canadiancow
But that's just it. Posting it on FT is worse than calling AC in terms of informing them that something strange has happened.

Also, the only difference between posting it and not posting it is that the lurkers get to use it, and AC finds out faster.

You think there aren't enough connections behind the scenes that everyone who's made 50 posts in this forum wouldn't have been notified via email?
If that's the case I need to contribute to the forums... or at least ask questions that aren't completely stupid.
I haven't checked my pass but I assume it's been pulled.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:33 pm
F 1

My pass has disappeared. Who should I complain to first? I'll start with the police.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by F 1
My pass has disappeared. Who should I complain to first? I'll start with the police.
Consumer rights are different in each Province so check within your province to see where to lodge your complaint.

Maybe someone should call CBC, they seem to love bashing air canada
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by F 1
Did you pay for it? Has a charge posted to your credit card?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you pay for it? Has a charge posted to your credit card?
Air Canada changed the terms after confirmation (contract) and my credit card was charged, just hasn't posted yet.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:41 pm

On Facebook, there's this post from the Moderator of the YVR Deals group. Still a bit of hope.

Rishi Modi I spoke to an Air Canada rep over the phone and she told me they are aware of the error price and have put all passes on hold, not officially cancelled while they decide whether they honour it. We should get a response tomorrow.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by coleworld
Air Canada changed the terms after confirmation (contract) and my credit card was charged, just hasn't posted yet.
I think an argument can be made that if you a charge never posts, you never paid for it. But we'll see what AC says.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 27, 2015 at 4:59 pm Reason: content
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Thanks to a great friend I got in. Didn't have the 24h message others reported, and could have booked flights this am.
But now it's gone from my account as others report above.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:49 pm
F 1

Originally Posted by coleworld
Consumer rights are different in each Province so check within your province to see where to lodge your complaint.

Maybe someone should call CBC, they seem to love bashing air canada
sorry my humour lost over the internet.

It would be great if they honour it and will do wonders for AC customer service perceptions, and perhaps get them a few new customers in the future. And by simply cancelling, it will do the opposite and anger a lot of people. But let's face it, when was the last time an airline was ever concerned over angering the public? So I fully anticipated them to pull the plug. I also anticipate some folks over at RFD to complain and cause a ruckus ^ So we shall see where this eventually ends up, probably a 10% off voucher for our troubles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.