Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:51 pm

You could consider that an early boarding J pax putting bags in lengthwise is doing a service for later boarding J pax by reserving space.
canadiancow and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I mean if your bag is legal height none of the mainline fins require you to be putting it in sideways, as far as I know anyway! The only question is whether the bin can hold it on its side versus on its back.

Shout out to the fellow 7M8 J pax yesterday who managed to fill an entire J bin with their rollboard on its back, backpack, and puffy jacket.
billdokes and jerry305 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I’m on the recently redone fin 451. There is a lady who must be a 2MM since she had 2 - 1MM tags on each of her bags. She was first on a fully full flight. She placed her bag in the overhead bin lengthwise in the bin, easily taking up space for at least 2 bags. I somewhat understand a FOTSG doing this, but a MM? She then was not pleased when someone adjusted her bag to fit another one in the bin.
Reading far too deep into "lady" "2mm" and "not pleased" I'm imagining someone old enough to have learned how to stow luggage on a DC8.

But either way, neither spacial reasoning, self awareness, or common sense are attributes AC bestows on MM PAX.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I mean if your bag is legal height none of the mainline fins require you to be putting it in sideways, as far as I know anyway! The only question is whether the bin can hold it on its side versus on its back.

Shout out to the fellow 7M8 J pax yesterday who managed to fill an entire J bin with their rollboard on its back, backpack, and puffy jacket.
A puffy jacket should be considered a carry-on or a personal item at the very least...it's even worse when you are in Y, they are in the middle seat, are seat-belt extender size to begin with, and choose to keep the puffy coat on for the whole flight...ask me how I know...
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by billdokes
A puffy jacket should be considered a carry-on or a personal item at the very least...it's even worse when you are in Y, they are in the middle seat, are seat-belt extender size to begin with, and choose to keep the puffy coat on for the whole flight...ask me how I know...
Are you sure it was a puffy jacket? Maybe it was spandex. (I say this as someone who, wearing spandex, could be mistaken for wearing a puffy jacket.)
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Are you sure it was a puffy jacket? Maybe it was spandex. (I say this as someone who, wearing spandex, could be mistaken for wearing a puffy jacket.)
A gentle squeeze should help differentiate between puffy jacket or over-stuffed spandex 😁
You first though
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE
We had a self-upgrading passenger from EWR-YYZ today. He was seated in 12 F but slid into 4F. The FA didn't notice until we were on approach, but then told him to return to his seat. He refused. She gave up. It's weird what people will do for 20 minutes of a slightly bigger seat.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
We had a self-upgrading passenger from EWR-YYZ today. He was seated in 12 F but slid into 4F. The FA didn't notice until we were on approach, but then told him to return to his seat. He refused. She gave up. It's weird what people will do for 20 minutes of a slightly bigger seat.
In the current environment on many airlines such a refusal would result in the plane being met by Law Enforcement and the PAX receiving a ban from the airline...shame that she 'gave up'.
jerry305 and Davvidd like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by billdokes
In the current environment on many airlines such a refusal would result in the plane being met by Law Enforcement and the PAX receiving a ban from the airline...shame that she 'gave up'.
Yes, indeed. The FA has emboldened the PAX, transferring the problem to the next FA who will have to deal with him.
billdokes and Joeyjo like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can't recall how the new 321 bins are, but as long as it's consistent throughout the cabin it should be easy.
The new bins have stickers inside showing bags inserted correctly on their edge. And there was at least one FA/SD announcement during boarding. There may have been more.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
.... The FA didn't notice until we were on approach, ....
Sounds like some combination of poor service/lack of situational awareness.
When did the passenger hop the curtain?

Originally Posted by 12VoltMan
The FA has ...., transferring the problem to the next FA ,,,,.
Neither f/a makes enough to deal with the issue.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by tracon
Sounds like some combination of poor service/lack of situational awareness.
When did the passenger hop the curtain?

Neither f/a makes enough to deal with the issue.
I didn’t notice either, but presumably with 20 minutes left or so. Also, they didn’t close the curtain on the flight so maybe he just couldn’t stop staring at that magnificent seat and just had to sit in it.
warpdryv likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

This was April 5th AC186 and what I was most impressed with the fact this young lady was really tall and she was extremely flexible and bendy! Her feet went between the seats in front, on top of the IFE and it was great entertainment as I could not sleep between the crying cats and the screaming child, so I just watched her feet in a non creepy way....just want to make that clear!
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:30 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I'm sure that's really good for tray table.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
The tray tables on the newest "slim" Y seats can barely handle typing on a laptop without flexing so I'm impressed that this even worked without breaking it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.