Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Or a kilt?
Hey, there's an idea! I have a brand new kilt!

islandcub
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
My only ask is that people wear clothes that fit them, that's it - that's my only ask.

If you're a size 4 wear size 4, if you're a size 34 wear 34. Just make sure they fit and stuff isn't hanging out everywhere .
Wear shorts if you want despite SAPs protests. But no wife-beaters, especially if you are male and hairy and I have to sit next to you.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And that is why I can no longer wear my cheapening t-shirt. The dryer cheapened it down three sizes. And by "three sizes" I mean from XL to M.
Actually, that's only 2 sizes. But you should still wear it!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Yeah sorry. HKG HND F last week, its hot and humid I want air flow . I m wearing shorts.

I guess if wearing shorts in J is not OK, in F its downright blasphemous

I ve worn pants once in the last 5 weeks of travels, and that's only to satisfy the Fairmont's lounge dress code in SIN.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
If it's summer at my destination I'm wearing shorts.

Deal with it!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Sorry penguin, I'm piling on with everyone else, I wear shorts in J when I'm going to and/or from somewhere where I want shorts.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:08 pm

I changed into a sleeveless tee for the sleep on HND-YYZ. I was in J, and directed a steel-eyed gaze at all passengers who may or may not have felt my exposed flesh in my little pod was to painful to the eye.

For the record, I did about 200 chin ups in the lounge before getting onto the aircraft to establish a good pump, then in the privacy of the closet like washroom did a couple handstand pushups after supper while balancing on the toilet bowl.

I then sauntered back to my pod muttering "it is midnight somewhere" as I flexed my way past my fellow sleeping J friends.

I hope I didn't offend. I hope you liked the gun-show.

I think I snored as well.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Davidwashere
I changed into a sleeveless tee for the sleep on HND-YYZ. I was in J, and directed a steel-eyed gaze at all passengers who may or may not have felt my exposed flesh in my little pod was to painful to the eye.

For the record, I did about 200 chin ups in the lounge before getting onto the aircraft to establish a good pump, then in the privacy of the closet like washroom did a couple handstand pushups after supper while balancing on the toilet bowl.

I then sauntered back to my pod muttering "it is midnight somewhere" as I flexed my way past my fellow sleeping J friends.

Thanks for this. Still laughing.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Davidwashere

Thanks for the chuckle.

I was trying to find that chin up bar in the HND NH lounge!
I see people change into their PJs or sleeping attire while on long-long-hauls... although I don't change, I can understand why they would do so. Sleeping in jeans and a dress shirt for 7+ hours kinda sucks even if in J.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I just strip down to my briefs under the blanket in J. Horrors.

I would have to say getting hit in the face by the stench of a freshly dropped deuce in the washroom beats bare feet any day of the week.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 30, 2015 at 1:42 pm Reason: off topic
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
I'm a conservative old codger who fought the idea of casual attire until long after everyone else accepted it, so I can empathize with SAP. But, I finally crossed over to the dark side and now wear shorts whenever I'm traveling to/from warm climes in J or Y. Always my best shorts and sleeved shirts, and NEVER sandals, and I do not remove my shoes. On the elevator from the MLL one day a couple of years ago a dapper suited gent eyed me up and then said that he thought I was the smart one and that next flight the suit was getting tossed. The shorts are here to stay. Or so I thought...recent flight had a fellow in shorts with more hair on his legs than on my head (and I have a full head of hair). That's just not right...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stiff
I'm a conservative old codger who fought the idea of casual attire until long after everyone else accepted it, so I can empathize with SAP. But, I finally crossed over to the dark side and now wear shorts whenever I'm traveling to/from warm climes in J or Y. Always my best shorts and sleeved shirts, and NEVER sandals, and I do not remove my shoes. On the elevator from the MLL one day a couple of years ago a dapper suited gent eyed me up and then said that he thought I was the smart one and that next flight the suit was getting tossed. The shorts are here to stay. Or so I thought...recent flight had a fellow in shorts with more hair on his legs than on my head (and I have a full head of hair). That's just not right...
Having leg hair is just not right? Okay then...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
A quick reminder seems in order that this thread is meant for noting AC passengers behaving poorly onboard, not what attire fellow FFers prefer when flying or what is or is not acceptable attire which are both topics for other threads such as the lounge thread.

Regards,

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
wearing socks to the bathroom

I find people wearing socks to the bathroom on plane where the floor is filled with p*ss is just gross... and they don't take the socks off all flight....
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ACfly
I find people wearing socks to the bathroom on plane where the floor is filled with p*ss is just gross... and they don't take the socks off all flight....
Yes, that is why I go first before people get to mess it (the bowl is big, how do you miss?) and I grab a second amenities bag to change socks if I go in there again during the flight so I can change socks.

I wear shorts from the first warm the sun comes out in Alberta until the day it snows again......... after September

by looking like a homeless person, those sales people in the kiosks at the airport leave me alone, people leave me alone, I get nice seating as no one wants to sit next to a homeless person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.