Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you inform the FA?
The FA had to repeat everything to him and he would have to put the phone down (from beside his ear) to talk to her and then he would put the phone back up. The FA didn't care, they seemed like they felt bad they were interrupting his phone call.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I would have said "excuse me" before pushing through him.
Responding to inconsiderate actions with hostile and abusive behaviour is hardly a reasonable solution. Super Elite benefits don't include the right to police other passengers. Our job as customers is to model appropriate behaviour, and not contribute towards general dooshbaggery. As they tell you every time you depart: "sit back, relax and enjoy your flight".
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Responding to inconsiderate actions with hostile and abusive behaviour is hardly a reasonable solution. Super Elite benefits don't include the right to police other passengers. Our job as customers is to model appropriate behaviour, and not contribute towards general dooshbaggery. As they tell you every time you depart: "sit back, relax and enjoy your flight".
What about trolling?
mapleg likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
What about trolling?
trolling a fellow pax is inhumane and should be reported to the authorities
trolling "elsewhere"... that depends
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
general dooshbaggery ?

We have category's for this?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
There are occasions when it is a reasonable solution. This might not have been one of them but there are times when hostile and abusive is required.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I confronted a middle age white privileged business gentleman outside the concierge office two hours ago. My size and demeanor spoke volumes and princess backed down. The airports folks here are working very hard and its not their fault the weather is cancelling flights. We do not need DYKWIM or privileged snowflakes and their drama!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I confronted a middle age white privileged business gentleman outside the concierge office two hours ago. My size and demeanor spoke volumes and princess backed down. The airports folks here are working very hard and its not their fault the weather is cancelling flights. We do not need DYKWIM or privileged snowflakes and their drama!
They have concierge offices on a plane? Or was this outside the plane? Were you on the wing?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
They have concierge offices on a plane? Or was this outside the plane? Were you on the wing?

Lol, no on the ground at the airport. Many delays and some folks were complaining to the concierge on the phone that they did not want to wait in line! The AC Agent was helping me as i sat at her desk waiting as she was struggling with the new system. She is very nice, polite and working hard to assist me and this "Gentlemen" thought because he was probably "special" wanted to be looked at now, and I made it quite clear that he was going to wait.

Its true when they say we communicate with 80% of our body language........

Before the hate mail starts, I am not advocating bullying or violence....sometimes some folks need a reality check that there is always a bigger dog in the room
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Before the hate mail starts, I am not advocating bullying or violence....sometimes some folks need a reality check that there is always a bigger dog in the room
I'm not advocating bullying or violence either. But it shouldn't be unilaterally ruled out.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
There are occasions when it is a reasonable solution. This might not have been one of them but there are times when hostile and abusive is required....I'm not advocating bullying or violence either. But it shouldn't be unilaterally ruled out.
Gonna have to disagree with you here. Unless in extreme situations (ie: threatening life or physical harm to somebody on board), then no amount of intervention, especially hostility or abuse by a passenger is warranted. In the context of a fellow passenger "behaving badly" - in this case walking to the front of the plane before it's stopped moving - your only reasonable action as a passenger is to remain seated and quiet. Let the crew do their job. If they don't, that's a matter for the airline and feel free to write a sternly-worded email to them.

It's also interesting that people advocating physical intervention are often the people least likely to be able to carry it out. Perhaps they're emboldened by the fact it was an "older gentleman"?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Unless in extreme situations (ie: threatening life or physical harm to somebody on board), then no amount of intervention, especially hostility or abuse by a passenger is warranted. In the context of a fellow passenger "behaving badly" - in this case walking to the front of the plane before it's stopped moving - your only reasonable action as a passenger is to remain seated and quiet. Let the crew do their job. If they don't, that's a matter for the airline and feel free to write a sternly-worded email to them.

It's also interesting that people advocating physical intervention are often the people least likely to be able to carry it out. Perhaps they're emboldened by the fact it was an "older gentleman"?
As I said in this case it is not warranted but there are times when it is and my threshold is below threatening life or physical harm.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
...there are times when it is and my threshold is below threatening life or physical harm.
I have a few RCMP friends working at airports and it seems possible that you may one day meet them too. Be careful when acting upon your personal threshold limits. There are pesky yet well-advertised features of the law that discourage such exuberance.

On the other hand, your deeds would give this thread new life...
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:41 pm
Suspended

I have a few RCMP friends working at airports and it seems possible that you may one day meet them too. Be careful when acting upon your personal threshold limits. There are pesky yet well-advertised features of the law that discourage such exuberance.

On the other hand, your deeds would give this thread new life...
There are also less-advertised features of the law that permit an "exuberant" response under the right circumstances.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Wow I have no idea what you're envisioning for "pushing through" someone.

The only literal definition of "through" that would result in police response is "moving in one side and out of the other side of". So yes, if I make a hole in said person, and go through that hole, I suspect police will be called.

If you don't think that's what I meant, then maybe use a tiny of bit of logic to imagine what I could mean that isn't physically entering and leaving someone's body in the jet bridge.

Like the same thing I and many others do multiple times per day on a busy commute, involving some minor physical contact while getting past a slower moving person in a crowded space. Everyone walks away unharmed.
marke190 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.