Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm sure there's a discretionary element, but I'd be curious how the crew are trained to decide when to escalate.
I'm aware of a situation where passengers allegedly behaved in a way to deliberately have a negative impact on other passengers, congregated where they shouldn't have, ignored crew directives, deliberately blocked flight attendants from moving around, stole and damaged Air Canada property, threw things around the cabin, disrupted the crew, ran up and down the aisle, drank too much, etc., and there was no diversion.

So I'm curious what it would actually take.
douglasr likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm aware of a situation where passengers allegedly behaved in a way to deliberately have a negative impact on other passengers, congregated where they shouldn't have, ignored crew directives, deliberately blocked flight attendants from moving around, stole and damaged Air Canada property, threw things around the cabin, disrupted the crew, ran up and down the aisle, drank too much, etc., and there was no diversion.

Try harder next time?
skybluesea, douglasr and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc

Maybe if the word "allegedly" was removed from the sentence and all of those things happened (not just some of those things).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Maybe if the word "allegedly" was removed from the sentence and all of those things happened (not just some of those things).
Well it's no different than any report in this thread, or the incidents one. It's all alleged.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm trying to imagine what it would be like, to be on a flight like that.

Wow. Clearly everyone involved should be banned.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
There is a couple on my flight in J right now that are cuddling together in the same J pod. I know AC pods are not great for couples travelling but holy $&*%. If they weren't being loud as hell and one didn't have their legs hanging out in the aisle on top of it all I'd have less of an issue with it, but come on.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I really wanted to ask the couple lying in 4G on AC 118. One of them was petting the other. I don't think they noticed they weren't alone in the cabin. I have no idea how they managed the angled-lie-flat position they were in. Maybe it's a hidden feature of those AC J seats. Super weird though.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 16, 2019 at 7:52 am Reason: remove quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 24left
I really wanted to ask the couple lying in 4G on AC 118. One of them was petting the other. I don't think they noticed they weren't alone in the cabin. I have no idea how they managed the angled-lie-flat position they were in. Maybe it's a hidden feature of those AC J seats. Super weird though.
Apologies, but my beloved has really been on me about wanting a 78th child and we spend so little time together...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 22, 2020 at 10:27 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by skybluesea
your just jealous they didn't invite you in

Frankly, this is way better than those fellow travellers that insist on NOT using a waist belt to hold up their pants, and then bending over and having their backside exposed...too much
My bad.... I must have lost the belt going through security!! 😀
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:39 am

Overheard chatty pax and geographically-challenged pax....

”I have a tight connection to Windsor”

”Oh, I used to hang out near there.... in Kingston”
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: TK *G

I am trying to think is there a Windsor somewhere in Kingston. Both Windsor and Kingston are popular names, so they may not be talking about YQG and YGK.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete
songsc likes this.

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Only because they stopped teaching geography in schools in some provinces. In the 80's IIRC.

Originally Posted by songsc
I am trying to think is there a Windsor somewhere in Kingston. Both Windsor and Kingston are popular names, so they may not be talking about YQG and YGK.
And then, there is also Windsor, Quebec - " a town of 5,300 people, part of the Le Val-Saint-François Regional County"

Does AC fly there?
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by songsc
Kingston, NS is about 75 km from Windsor, NS. Air Canada certainly does not fly to either.
skybluesea likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.