Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by lostinthewash
I have never understood feet on the wall in bulkhead seats. Just take down your rollaboard during flight and prop your feet on top of it. It is a much more comfortable height and no one cares if you have your feet (bare, socks, shoes, whatever) on top of your own bag.
i've seen people doing this with foldable footstools
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Look at that complete reversal of opinion within a single sentence. Sorry, but anybody putting their bare feet on an airplane bulkhead, any more than up on a restaurant table, is simply not socially acceptable behaviour.

How, because you're sexually attracted to certain people, does that give them a free pass? Others are attracted to big hairy dudes, therefore these guys get a free pass as well? I bet I know your (and Penguin's) answer on this...
+1

I was going to post something similar, but opted not to. I'm glad you did.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Look at that complete reversal of opinion within a single sentence. Sorry, but anybody putting their bare feet on an airplane bulkhead, any more than up on a restaurant table, is simply not socially acceptable behaviour.

How, because you're sexually attracted to certain people, does that give them a free pass? Others are attracted to big hairy dudes, therefore these guys get a free pass as well? I bet I know your (and Penguin's) answer on this...
I thought the word but implied "regardless of everything mentioned in the previous clause".

I read that post as "I really liked looking at the woman's leg. However, regardless of the fact that I am attracted to her, feet don't belong on the bulkhead, ever."
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So let see how the FT community judges this.

I'm in 1D, and in 1F comes this SE. Female, mid 40's, shorts on, shoes, and socks (below her waist, yes she had clothes on). Nothing too peculiar or out of the ordinary, except she puts her feet (with her shoes on), at a level that almost is at the IFE level.

To me, that's not acceptable. If she was 18...you know what, I will renege on what I posted earlier. That's still not acceptable. It's a J cabin.

For me, I feel really really weird sitting in dress pants if I have any skin exposed from the waist down. I cross my legs, and if skin is exposed, I make sure I pull my socks up. To me, it's just being decent. Wearing shorts in a J cabin is unacceptable to me.

To me, this SE was REALLY cheapening the J cabin. The SD was very pleasant on the eyes though. The SD made up for a lot of shortfalls that flight

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jul 28, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
The SD made up for a lot of shortfalls that flight
You mean shortcomings...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You mean shortcomings...
Sure. If you really want to be that pedantic
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sure. If you really want to be that pedantic
It was a sleight of pun regarding your seatmate... play on words... must I explain...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Our flight out to the Do last week could easily have been an episode of "Shorts on a Plane".

But I digress.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Our flight out to the Do last week could easily have been an episode of "Shorts on a Plane".

But I digress.
Penguins wear shorts?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
You mean shortcomings...
Or shorts sightedness.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Penguins wear shorts?
Um, it was neither I nor the Penguin. Collection of shorts were in Y.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:01 pm
Suspended

But I digress.
No our flight out was...

Convo, convo convo....butt in yoga pants. Convo convo convo...butt in yoga pants.

//sorry.

It was a sleight of pun regarding your seatmate... play on words... must I explain...
Ahh, I get it now. I had to explain a few things too to you, so it all works out

Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Or shorts sightedness.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:10 pm
Suspended

No our flight out was...

Convo, convo convo....butt in yoga pants. Convo convo convo...butt in yoga pants.

//sorry.....
At least 3 walked by in shorts. I noticed because the shoes didn't match. These things matter you know. I also noticed the person sitting in 3D.

Other than bare feet, I'm still waiting for a real episode of Hall of Shame
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:13 pm
Suspended

At least 3 walked by in shorts. I noticed because the shoes didn't match. These things matter you know. I also noticed the person sitting in 3D.

Other than bare feet, I'm still waiting for a real episode of Hall of Shame
I still remember the look () on your face of....I can't believe pax are dressed like this like it was hours ago. Sure you may roll your eyes, but I don't mind it
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For me, I feel really really weird sitting in dress pants if I have any skin exposed from the waist down. I cross my legs, and if skin is exposed, I make sure I pull my socks up. To me, it's just being decent. Wearing shorts in a J cabin is unacceptable to me.

To me, this SE was REALLY cheapening the J cabin. The SD was very pleasant on the eyes though. The SD made up for a lot of shortfalls that flight
Are you a 1920s woman?

No exposed skin below the waist?

Holy crap...

I usually wear long pants because it can get cold. But if it weren't for that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.