Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Thank you for allowing this! This could turn out to be a really fun thread and provide some good laughs in this forum .

+1

Fantastic. Thanks so much.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:57 pm

So I am kind of thinking if people are doing it anyway, why not charge them for it? There is a lot of money to be made. How about inflight barbershop for starters. Next to come Pedicure and Manicure. Sky is the limit!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
Which part of the body did this involve!?
lol
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:38 pm

I read this entire thread in Samuel L. Jackson voice.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Fleck
I read this entire thread in Samuel L. Jackson voice.
I lel'ed
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Wow, you must NOT shave on a flight - even an ULH flight - at any time, under any circumstances unless:

A) you have chartered your own private jet
B) you personally clean the bathroom prior to the next passenger entering, or
C) you're one of the Mexican Wolf Boys.

Does this even warrant saying?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by 24left
Perhaps we are too courteous here at AC FT. A few posts here and there of rude or obnoxious pax behaviour have made me ask the question: why are we so uncomfortable with telling fellow AC pax to stop "Grooming while Flying"?

Maybe we need one of these threads

(It's funny when the post also include references to the bag tag that might be visible)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ngers-130.html

yes, I know it's another airline, but I wanted to use it as a suggestion for a thread

That Delta thread is great, but thanks to OP this one has a much better title
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE,MM
Where does sitting next to someone cleaning their teeth with a safety card rank?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Scandic 2nd Floor, FoundersCard
Shave before your flight or after it. Shaving on it is ridiculous unless you're a werewolf.

And, all electric shavers leave hairs.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:50 pm

Ok so I'm NOT crazy. Electric shavers DO drop hair!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hitsmith
Shave before your flight or after it. Shaving on it is ridiculous unless you're a werewolf.

And, all electric shavers leave hairs.
Source? You're saying both types do? This guy below does seem to believe you.

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Ok so I'm NOT crazy. Electric shavers DO drop hair!
I'll be seeing this guy above in a few days. I will bring my electric shaver to dinner, put out a white sheet of paper on the table, shave, and then prove to FT once and for all that it does not.

And for the record, this is the shaver I use.

Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Source? You're saying both types do? This guy below does seem to believe you.

I'll be seeing this guy above in a few days. I will bring my electric shaver to dinner, put out a white sheet of paper on the table, shave, and then prove to FT once and for all that it does not.

And for the record, this is the shaver I use.

FYI, the chicken wings are dairy free :3
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've been home. I can say it wasn't me

But...

What's the part that bugs you? It may not be normal, but hey, it's not like we're shedding our hair everywhere....based on how these razors work.
If you should ever be fortunate enough to sit next to me, is it ok if I trim my toenails? I promise to catch the clippings.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
If you should ever be fortunate enough to sit next to me, is it ok if I trim my toenails? I promise to catch the clippings.
Of course not. One involves feet, which is <usually considered to most> gross. I'm not saying one is shaving one's gentleman's area on a plane here...

In my case, nothing is "dropped". If nothing is dropped, and it doesn't impact anyone else other than some noise pollution, that it is fine. If something is, obviously it is not fine.

In a men's bathroom, I have and have seen other men who will take out an electric razor and use it mid day. I don't see them clipping their nails.

Now, I did say upthread that when I do shave on a plane, I do it in the bathroom. I'd be a bit irked that it's done in Y. If i'm in a pod in J I might do that in the pod. (enough space between me and the guy next to me and sufficient privacy). If i'm in 2x2 or 1x2 J (narrowbody), no way would I do that there.

In the case of this offending passenger, I'd be...irked like "well I don't see that every day". But I wouldn't have gone..."omg that is so totally disgusting".

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
FYI, the chicken wings are dairy free :3
Oh hell no. For the rest of FT: If I stop posting on FT, it's because SF somehow got these "special wings" in me and I died. Quite literally. One FT took it like a champ and the other FT...well ALMOST died. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time though at his/her expense
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Those Braun shavers definitely drop hair. I have a series 3 and a series 5 and they both leave residue in the sink after shaving. Especially when they need cleaning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.