Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
AC 1925 LGW- YYZ May 30

I was sitting in the front cabin. A guy boards with a plaid shirt and white undershirt covered in blood- it looked pretty fresh to me. He had to wait in the front cabin while boarding due to people in front of him. While standing there, he took a call and told the caller his last drink was 3 hours ago and that everything was good...really loud and knocking people with his shoulder bag.

The guy sitting next to me told me he saw him do a face plant a while ago in the terminal and was really drunk.

He took his seat and someone reported him to FAs. They called him to the front and some LGW medical staff insisted he leave the plane for medical attention. He argued a bit but left pretty quickly and did not return.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:20 pm

By far the worst thing that has ever happened to me in a plane:

In February I was doing YYZ-YEG-YVR. I am not sure the type of airplane, but it was a narrow body jet. I get on the packed flight in 6D and as the FA goes to close the door I still don't have a neighbour.

Now, I am a very lucky guy when flying and I either have an empty seat next to me, or the prettiest woman in the plane (seriously), so I am feeling like I am going to get lucky as usual.

All of a sudden, dude (I am just going to cal him dude, although there are a few other things I would like to call him) rushes onto the plane. I get up politely to let him to his seat and as he slides by me he says 'sorry, I smell'.

Ok. What? Really? My first thought is 'it can't really be that bad'.

Well, let me tell you, it was worse. Within 5 minutes I was gasping for breath. This guy had the worst BO I have EVER smelled. And I mean, by FAR. This had to be worse than the BO that got into Seinfeld's BMW that they couldn't get rid of. It was a living, breathing thing.

Less than 5 minutes after we took off I was asking the FA if there was anywhere I could move to on the plane. 'No I am sorry sir, we are full'. I pleaded with her and asked her if I could stand somewhere on the plane for the flight, and I was told 'No'. I probably should have just done it anyway.

Shortly after that, and I am not kidding here, I got up and took a sweatshirt with a hood out of my carry on bag, and I out that damn thing on backwards and put the hood over my entire face. I held it there throughout the rest of the flight, and I mean tight.

Seriously.....I could taste this BO through the hood of the sweatshirt and I was ONLY breathing through my mouth.

What I still cannot believe, to this day, was that I didn't say anything. I sat there just hoping that he said 'sorry again' or something to that effect, because I would have probably jumped him. I was praying that he would say something, but he kept his yap shut.

What I really should have done 5 minutes into the flight was said something along the lines of 'ok, you told me this was going to be bad, but it is worse than you can imagine. Please go to the washroom and wash up as best you can with the towels and a bar of soap. You are killing me!!'.

I am not sure how anyone would think this is ok. I don't care how long you have traveled, where you came from, what your culture is, etc.....you owe it to the people around you not to suffocate them!!

After the flight I thought about contacting AC and then decided that there was no way they would do anything for me.

I will never forget the taste and smell of that day. Forever imprinted upon my somewhat limited brain.

D2D
Old May 31, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I carry a Vicks inhaler in my purse when flying (or taking the streetcar on Queen St).
Old May 31, 2016, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts
By far the worst thing that has ever happened to me in a plane:

In February I was doing YYZ-YEG-YVR. I am not sure the type of airplane, but it was a narrow body jet. I get on the packed flight in 6D and as the FA goes to close the door I still don't have a neighbour.

Now, I am a very lucky guy when flying and I either have an empty seat next to me, or the prettiest woman in the plane (seriously), so I am feeling like I am going to get lucky as usual.

All of a sudden, dude (I am just going to cal him dude, although there are a few other things I would like to call him) rushes onto the plane. I get up politely to let him to his seat and as he slides by me he says 'sorry, I smell'.

Ok. What? Really? My first thought is 'it can't really be that bad'.

Well, let me tell you, it was worse. Within 5 minutes I was gasping for breath. This guy had the worst BO I have EVER smelled. And I mean, by FAR. This had to be worse than the BO that got into Seinfeld's BMW that they couldn't get rid of. It was a living, breathing thing.

Less than 5 minutes after we took off I was asking the FA if there was anywhere I could move to on the plane. 'No I am sorry sir, we are full'. I pleaded with her and asked her if I could stand somewhere on the plane for the flight, and I was told 'No'. I probably should have just done it anyway.

Shortly after that, and I am not kidding here, I got up and took a sweatshirt with a hood out of my carry on bag, and I out that damn thing on backwards and put the hood over my entire face. I held it there throughout the rest of the flight, and I mean tight.

Seriously.....I could taste this BO through the hood of the sweatshirt and I was ONLY breathing through my mouth.

What I still cannot believe, to this day, was that I didn't say anything. I sat there just hoping that he said 'sorry again' or something to that effect, because I would have probably jumped him. I was praying that he would say something, but he kept his yap shut.

What I really should have done 5 minutes into the flight was said something along the lines of 'ok, you told me this was going to be bad, but it is worse than you can imagine. Please go to the washroom and wash up as best you can with the towels and a bar of soap. You are killing me!!'.

I am not sure how anyone would think this is ok. I don't care how long you have traveled, where you came from, what your culture is, etc.....you owe it to the people around you not to suffocate them!!

After the flight I thought about contacting AC and then decided that there was no way they would do anything for me.

I will never forget the taste and smell of that day. Forever imprinted upon my somewhat limited brain.

D2D
I would have sat in the bathroom for as long as I can.

Sorry to hear. That sounds absolutely awful.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I would have sat in the bathroom for as long as I can.

Sorry to hear. That sounds absolutely awful.
It was the most annoying 90 minutes of my life.

Obviously it doesn't compare to a personal tragedy of losing somebody, or the pain of a major injury or sickness....but aside from those things I do not ever remember being so perturbed in my life.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts
It was the most annoying 90 minutes of my life.

Obviously it doesn't compare to a personal tragedy of losing somebody, or the pain of a major injury or sickness....but aside from those things I do not ever remember being so perturbed in my life.
Just remember - it could have been worse. Could have been the YYZ YEG leg....that would have sucked even more.

I'm with you though. Body smell is important to me. It's air contamination. We have rules at work for that too.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I got passive aggressive on an fellow pax just now.

He puts his roll aboard in sideways (the less space efficient way) in the overhead bin above my seat. Also puts his backpack in above my seat. No room for my backpack now.

I ask him "mind if I spin your bag sideways so I can put my bag up too?"

He replies "no it won't fit".

I reply "it should work"

He reaches back up all hissy and pouty. He doesn't want me to touch his bag. Rotates his roller bag. It fits the good way just fine.

Me "thanks".

He just averts eye contact.

*justice boner*
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

He puts his roll aboard in sideways (the less space efficient way) in the overhead bin above my seat. Also puts his backpack in above my seat. No room for my backpack now.

I reply "it should work"

He reaches back up all hissy and pouty. He doesn't want me to touch his bag. Rotates his roller bag. It fits the good way just fine.

Me "thanks".

*justice boner*
Did he have an elite tag on his bag? Next time, slam the door shut on it.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry

I reply "it should work"

Me "thanks".

*justice boner*
Well done ^
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ffsim
Well done ^
You mean "well bone".
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat

I reply "it should work"

Me "thanks".

*justice boner*
Is that passive aggressive or more just reasonably assertive? Or keeping your boner quiet is the passive aggressive part?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I was in Rouge J on a 763 yesterday in 1K. Left my McVities bag of chips from the snack basket (ate the kitkat) along with my headphones etc in the empty aisle seat and was watching a movie on the ipad. Passenger from Y walked to the J washroom. On her way back, casually grabbed my bag of chips and walked back to her seat. It was done so smoothly that I thought it was a FA cleaning up. I seriously thought it was how a pro pickpocket would grab something. And no, I did not chase after my bag of chips as I was not going to eat it anyways.
One month back in Y my seatmate blew his nose several times and each time stuffed the tissue in the seat pocket. At one time he rummages thru the seatpocket and found a pretzel chip bag - i think he seriously would have eaten it if he did not see me staring at him.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
I was in Rouge J on a 763 yesterday in 1K. Left my McVities bag of chips from the snack basket (ate the kitkat) along with my headphones etc in the empty aisle seat and was watching a movie on the ipad. Passenger from Y walked to the J washroom. On her way back, casually grabbed my bag of chips and walked back to her seat. It was done so smoothly that I thought it was a FA cleaning up. I seriously thought it was how a pro pickpocket would grab something. And no, I did not chase after my bag of chips as I was not going to eat it anyways.
Wow. I would have done it out of principle. That is pretty clear theft from another passenger.

"EXCUSE ME, YOU CAN'T JUST STEAL THINGS FROM MY SEAT. YEAH, YOU, IN THE RED"

Something like that.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Yea that's just plain rude hahaha.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by vernonc
i've seen people do that with J class water and amenity bags on TPac flights during boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.