Wiki Posts
Search

Question: what Frankfurt lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
what Frankfurt lounge?

I'm travelling in J from yyz - zurich via Frankfurt. Will I be able to use the MLL lounge in Frankfurt or will I have to use a Lufthansa lounge in the Schengen area?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walkermom
I'm travelling in J from yyz - zurich via Frankfurt. Will I be able to use the MLL lounge in Frankfurt or will I have to use a Lufthansa lounge in the Schengen area?
Yuo would have to go through security in the non-Schengen area to go to the MLL. Then leaving the MLL, go through passport control and walk to the departure area to catch your flight. Not terribly practical.

In these cases I go to the LH lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Some F lounges allow *G members. Preferable, in my opinion, to MLL. Although the MLL is fairly nice, yet could get quite crowded.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
Thanks, thought it might be a hassle, just making sure.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Both. You don't have to clear immigration into the Schengen area when the plane arrives into the non-Schengen area. You have access to both the MLL lounge in non-Schengen as well as the LH business lounges. The Senator lounges are only for *A gold but are mostly the same as the business lounges.

Some passengers might feel more comfortable being in the non-Schengen area to not have to worry about immigration queues, but it's mostly your call. Clearing security is independent of immigration at Frankfurt and everyone has to do it getting off the plane, unless you terminate travel there.

Originally Posted by Allvest
Some F lounges allow *G members. Preferable, in my opinion, to MLL. Although the MLL is fairly nice, yet could get quite crowded.
Which F lounges? I can't think of any that come to mind... LH/NH/SQ/TG all limit F lounge access to their own F passengers.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Outbound you should enjoy the Senator lounge, and on your return, enjoy the MLL lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I tried the MLL in FRA for the first time. I kind of wonder why the Canadian lounges pale so much in comparison to the international ones.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I tried the MLL in FRA for the first time. I kind of wonder why the Canadian lounges pale so much in comparison to the international ones.
In FRA and LHR, MLL have to compete to attract users, including *Gold passengers from other Alliance partners to earn revenues (by charging the user's airlines for each visit) or to provide some services as the contract states if international passengers choose to fly routes with Air Canada and other connecting airlines via FRA.

Back to home turf, the majority MLL users will be Canadians, who are used to low quality less competing product and services.

Overseas, excluding two MLLs in the U.S., there are only 3 lounges in LHR, CDG, and FRA. LHR is the major hub or No. 1 hub for Air Canada, with the new LHR Queens Terminal, the MLL is supposed to be among the best. The FRA lounge is a new addition, with a trial period to see if the FRA as the other overseas connecting hub and business model working. There is this new star-up spirit. CDG lounge is less impressive, almost like those lounges at home.

Most unimpressive lounge is YYZ international departure, without views and lousy product / services....in relevant to the context that YYZ is the largest AC hub and network.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by keitherson
Both. You don't have to clear immigration into the Schengen area when the plane arrives into the non-Schengen area. You have access to both the MLL lounge in non-Schengen as well as the LH business lounges. The Senator lounges are only for *A gold but are mostly the same as the business lounges.

Some passengers might feel more comfortable being in the non-Schengen area to not have to worry about immigration queues, but it's mostly your call. Clearing security is independent of immigration at Frankfurt and everyone has to do it getting off the plane, unless you terminate travel there.

Which F lounges? I can't think of any that come to mind... LH/NH/SQ/TG all limit F lounge access to their own F passengers.
Allvest calls the Senator lounge a F lounge. SE or J members can not get into the F/HON Circle lounge without flying LH F class.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. True that you don't need to go through passport control to go to the MLL. But worse, you need to go through security.

2. The OP is going to ZRH. Which is now in the Schengen area. So he has to go through passport control anyway.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Stranger
1. True that you don't need to go through passport control to go to the MLL. But worse, you need to go through security.

2. The OP is going to ZRH. Which is now in the Schengen area. So he has to go through passport control anyway.
You have to go thorugh security either way! Enjoy the MLL before passport control instead of the LH lounges which imo are a bit cookie cutter worldwide.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Allvest calls the Senator lounge a F lounge. SE or J members can not get into the F/HON Circle lounge without flying LH F class.
It's not an F lounge. There are F lounges and the FCT in Frankfurt. Senator lounge is a J lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Senator Lounge is actually classified as a First Class lounge within *A. Similar to SQ and F lounge and Private Room.

Using MLL not worth it unless you only have access to it (MLL club or similar). LH lounges generally better. That being said sometimes I visit MLL after landing to shower - usually no lineups. Security is usually painless for a well-versed traveller and lineups are rare.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to go thorugh security either way! Enjoy the MLL before passport control instead of the LH lounges which imo are a bit cookie cutter worldwide.
To go to the MLL, you'll need to go through security, *then go through security a second time* after passport control.

Twice instead of once.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lespoir
Outbound you should enjoy the Senator lounge, and on your return, enjoy the MLL lounge.
This is my weekly routine transiting through FRA.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, OZ*S, KL
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Using MLL not worth it unless you only have access to it (MLL club or similar). LH lounges generally better. That being said sometimes I visit MLL after landing to shower - usually no lineups. Security is usually painless for a well-versed traveller and lineups are rare.
Never experienced a lineup for the showers at the LH Senator lounge at the A gates when arriving from an AC flight in the morning (from YYZ/YOW/YUL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.