Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Waive AP change fee due to Aircraft change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waive AP change fee due to Aircraft change?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
nice, so glad AC did the right thing, lets hope this continues.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:48 am

Agents may provide such swaps, however, it may come at their peril. It has long been understood that seats and aircraft-type are not guaranteed, nonetheless, if a downguage ensues, the capacity change may result in allowing for (and even soliciting for) free flight changes.

So, enjoy these when you get them, but don't rely on the generosity to be extended if the privilege ain't part of the fare rule you decided to purchase.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I had no problem making a free change because a non-AC narrow body jet aircraft was downguaged to a non-AC turboprop.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by shawneve
I just called in and had my 1:00 YYZ-YVR (321) flight changed to the day before at 10:00 back on the 787-9.
I called and asked if I could make the change for free due to aircraft swap from pod to non-pod plane - she said no problem. However she said only for the same day. I did not want to have a 6 hour layover so I asked if I could change to the day before and have a 1 day stopover in Vancouver. She initially said no but she would ask supervisor.
Came back and did the change for free.
So, it appears like they will do a change due to an aircraft swap.
The only wrinkle in this was that a few months ago I had an AC initiated significant change to my second leg flight time. (moved back 3 hrs) and I changed my YYZ-YVR flight to 1:00 to have less layover.
So not sure if that was a factor in them allowing a free change or not when the aircraft changed later on.

I just had the same situation happen to me and the Aeroplan agent basically told me to pound sand. "Air Canada will not release more seats to them so they cannot do the change"

We have 3 J tickets on 767 to LAX for March Break for Mrs CC and Kids (could not get 4). I bought a revenue seat and was going to U/G. Turns out that AC needed the plane for higher volume route that day and switched to 320 (according to AC agent who was willing to change my revenue ticket as a result of downgrade). AC agent could not however make the change for the AP ticket (only AP can do that).

I suppose I can try calling back until I get an agent willing to make the change, if that is actually within the rules for Reward Seats ?

CC
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

I suppose I can try calling back until I get an agent willing to make the change, if that is actually within the rules for Reward Seats ?

CC
Sounds very unlikely that this would be within the rules. Plus, dealing with three seats...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I suppose I can try calling back until I get an agent willing to make the change, if that is actually within the rules for Reward Seats ?CC
Yes, unfortunately.
flybit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.