FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1664509-priority-rewards-limit-ten-reservations.html)

FlyerGoldII May 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by paulcotton (Post 24689598)
I rushed to make several Priority Bookings before March 1 and made a mistake on one of them. When I called after March 1 to correct the error the agent suggested I cancel and re-book since they said imposition of the limit of Priority Bookings had been delayed.

Does anyone know when the limit will come into affect, if indeed, the start was delayed?

/paulc

I spoke to an Aeroplan agent earlier today. He stated that the restriction of 10 priority (ie IKK) awards per benefit year, for SEs - has not been implemented yet.

canadiancow May 20, 2015 10:03 pm

If it's that hard to implement, I think they're going to end up canceling that restriction and doing something else.

It really doesn't make much sense anyway. 1 passenger on 10 one way Y domestic flights is very different than a family on 10 round trip international J flights, but they're both counted the same.

Dorian May 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24847514)
If it's that hard to implement, I think they're going to end up canceling that restriction and doing something else.

It really doesn't make much sense anyway. 1 passenger on 10 one way Y domestic flights is very different than a family on 10 round trip international J flights, but they're both counted the same.

10000%

Implementing a rule to curb a few dozen people. Way too costly.

Nitehawk May 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Until I read it was delayed I have been reluctant to use any IKK for one person one way domestic rewards (which can be quite valuable). I wanted to save some of my redemptions for round trip business class tickets for 2+. Now I've been able to book one flight without that fear. :D

flydentmnode Dec 9, 2015 10:57 am

New Bar on Altitude dashboard

Does anyone know what the new bar on the altitude dashboard is for. It says Priority Rewards available I'm at maybe 10 maybe just shy of 10. when I click the question box it says it refers to AQD's. I'm not sure what I've spent but its a lot more than 10,0000 dollars if that's what its referring to.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

yyz_atc_qq Dec 9, 2015 11:04 am

I believe it's to clarify that we're only allowed 10 Priority AE bookings (rather than the 10 Priority J AE Bookings SE's had) going forward.

Lights_a_blur Dec 9, 2015 11:05 am

It's obvious, it has a handy '?' information popup window:

"This chart shows your Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) earned since January 1 on eligible flights. AQD represent the monetary value associated with an eligible ticket and, when combined with the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) you fly, will determine your Altitude status."

#ITfail :rolleyes:

alc Dec 9, 2015 11:08 am

That is the new "Only 10 Priority Rewards" bookings allow per member started this year.

The said they were going to add this feature to the dashboard last week (or the week before), I guess AC IT finally get that to work.... almost.. as you stated, when you click on the ? it state:

This chart shows your Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) earned since January 1 on eligible flights. AQD represent the monetary value associated with an eligible ticket and, when combined with the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) you fly, will determine your Altitude status.

YOWCDNFF Dec 9, 2015 11:14 am

This was announced last year as part of the changes to Altitude, and the story was posted again on AC.Com recently

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/151127.html

canadiancow Dec 9, 2015 12:20 pm

Can someone post a screenshot of this? Because once again, it's not showing up for me, and there's nothing in the page source either.

superangrypenguin Dec 9, 2015 12:37 pm

It's gone now. It was there earlier.

DNAwizard Dec 9, 2015 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25838715)
Can someone post a screenshot of this? Because once again, it's not showing up for me, and there's nothing in the page source either.

Not showing for me either...

DNAwizard Dec 9, 2015 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 25838800)
It's gone now. It was there earlier.

Just LOLed... Ah AC IT :rolleyes:

Geoflying Dec 9, 2015 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25838715)

http://i.imgur.com/DcaBWRP.png

canadiancow Dec 9, 2015 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Geoflying (Post 25838981)

That is not a screenshot of a counter on the Altitude dashboard, which is what we're discussing.