Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:10 pm

"Ahem ma'am, the amex lounge is over there" (loudly)
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
"Ahem ma'am, the amex lounge is over there" (loudly)
...as you point to Seattle?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by theranj
...as you point to Seattle?
"Out that door, hang a [insert directions here as I don't know where the PP lounge is there]... I really dislike it when people start threatening others with their jobs...especially when it's not justified.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
"Out that door, hang a [insert directions here as I don't know where the PP lounge is there]... I really dislike it when people start threatening others with their jobs...especially when it's not justified.
Ah yes the PP, forgot about that. The one next to YVR MLL is one of the worst ever as well lol. The one on the Westjet side is much better
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:00 am

YEG is having a rough morning. So there's this guy:

He seems to have provided the idea for the guy in the next set of tables too.

Then there was the elderly couple who pulled their cat out of it's carrier to give it some medication. Cat thankfully did not escape, but was not pleased.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
This is why carrying a small air horn can be fun
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief

He seems to have provided the idea for the guy in the next set of tables too.
Looks like he must now be in YUL DOM 🙄

Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: TK *G
Oh, at least he changes his clothes and learned to take his shoes off… improvements…. 😁😁😁
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
After I strangle the person in the YYZ TB lounge currently on a loud video call would I be able to argue that a jury of my peers has to include only other people with lounge access (not counting the credit card people)?

Asking for a friend.
YLWflyer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zorn
After I strangle the person in the YYZ TB lounge currently on a loud video call would I be able to argue that a jury of my peers has to include only other people with lounge access (not counting the credit card people)?

Asking for a friend.
You would have much more fun standing behind the offender on video making funny faces or obscene gestures over their head, that should deliver the point fast enough.
FlY2XS likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:17 am

To the lady seated in the lounge chair section in LHR MLL currently, I’m glad you have enough space for yourself and all your belongings. I'm sure that is why you require two seats….
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:16 am

31-March in the FRA MLL. Group of 6 in the quiet/no cell phone area back by the loungers. They might as well all been on Facetime calls for how loud they were all being. Entire rest of the lounge was empty, but they chose to sit there. I gave up trying to get any rest in the lounger seats as they were louder than my noise cancelling headphones, .Went up to the Senator lounge and was able to get some rest in the quiet room.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Accor, VIA Préférence
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
My biggest pet peeves are people in the elevator, to and/or from the MLL:
- complaining on their long day;
- how long their flight is;
- why their upgrade did not clear (yet);
- taking out their shiny FFP card…not because they will need to show it to the MLL agent, but to show off to everyone else in the elevator that they are superior than everyone else;
- complaining the slow MLL elevator (particularly in YYZ).

While in the MLL:
- talking so loudly that anyone can hear them, and 9/10 of those conversations are "I am in the MLL". When lady even said "it's like being in heaven"
While I’ve also heard people complain about the YYZ elevator, I do agree it is quite slow.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: TK *G
Lol I have lots of sympathy to those who think MLL is like heaven, though it’s quite common in various airline, railway, and hotel lounges. Every time I hear such remarks, I secretly look in their direction and observe. Though I remember the first few times I entered airline lounge, I was quite excited too.

As for those who show off their FFP cards, looks like they haven’t been flying for long. When I first started flying, I thought SE was prestigious. Not caring about status and able to afford paid J/F is what I consider as prestigious now.
arf04, mapleg and eigenvector like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Last week in YYZ TB. Our evening flight was cx and bumped to the 740, so up ugly early especially for a left Coaster and already in a grumpy mood. DD and I sat facing each other in the seats by the windows, just chillin and DD attempting to snooze. Not even 6am yet and 2 young women come in and sit down at the neighbouring chairs but not before dropping all their multiple bags and coats on the ground blocking the outside and internal aisle as if they felt the need to make a luggage wall to keep the northern barbarians at bay. Then they proceeded to talk at volume of 11 about how great it is to have lounge access, the upcoming wedding and how they couldn't believe that whoever had slept around on their partner.
DD opens her eyes and gives me the "are they @#$$% serious?" face.
I get up to use the washroom and make a point of stepping over and around everything with ZERO recognition from the offending pair. All unaltered when I returned, requiring similar yoga contortions. I should have been less agile and let my feet and the bags fall where they may. Had to stop at said wall on our way out with our bags and an "excuse me" before we were granted a 2 foot passageway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.