Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Just now!

Lady finishes helping herself to some pasta and then immediately licks her fingers and then proceeds to touch other public-touchable items in the food area including reaching for utensils.
I'm not sure what grosses me out more, the fact that she touched public cutlery after licking her fingers, or the fact that she licked her fingers after touching public cutlery.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'm not sure what grosses me out more, the fact that she touched public cutlery after licking her fingers, or the fact that she licked her fingers after touching public cutlery.
Well if she gets sick, well...evolution at its finest If she gets other people sick, I hope Karma bites her in her tushy.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Annoying behaviour of fellow pax

[Mods: Apologies if a thread exists for this and please move if appropriate. I couldn't find one.]

Some random annoyances on recent flights (in reverse chrono order). I must be tired, as i wouldn't normally rant about this.

1. Tonight: Pax who don't flush (YYZ domestic MLL tonight before 9:20pm)

2. Today on 877: To the pax in 4D, I really didn't need to look at your bare feet for 8 hours. How about trying the socks in the amenity kit?

3. The guy who blew past the long line to show customs card after Canadian immigration on 1909 on May 23, shouting "I have a tight cnx, let me through." Well, I saw you stuffing your face in the MLL later (we had about an hour in the lounge) and, lo and behold, you were on the same flight to YYT as I was with a handful of "lounge bananas" as you boarded. And did you really need to come forward (twice!) from Y to hand the peels to the FAs at the front of J before we departed?

That's all. You may return to your regularly scheduled programming, or post your own...
Old May 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I really like this idea for a thread.

Should we include non-flight behaviors, like those licking-fingers pax from yyznomad's MLL adventure?

Are photos allowed?
Old May 28, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Annoying behaviour of fellow pax

Photos would be awesome. Didn't think to take any before, but will be on the lookout form now on.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Livyer
Photos would be awesome. Didn't think to take any before, but will be on the lookout form now on.
So much for the thread idea, the posts have been merged here and I'm not sure if photos of pax with bare feet goes with pax behaving badly in MLLs.

I'll leave up to you and others to decide.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC 35K
Originally Posted by ffsim
1. Loud talkers, followed closely by...
2. the freaking annoying tongs they expect us to use with the ice bucket! It takes FOREVER to fill a pint glass with a reasonable amount of ice.
#2!!!! Very true! And never the right glass for the type of drink you want! Wine in beer glass anyone?
Old May 29, 2015, 4:27 am
Suspended

@ YYZ Dom MLL

Welcome to the gym. Or the beach. Or someone's backyard.

I understand it's Friday and some people go casual.
Right now in the MLL, there are people who look like they are still at the gym in complete yoga attire.

There are a quite a few guys, wearing the kind of shorts and Tshirts one would wear while sitting on the deck or mowing the lawn.

While I am hardly the fashion police, it's just a little tacky.

At least no one - so far - is licking their fingers and touching utensils, but the day is early.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left

There are a quite a few guys, wearing the kind of shorts and Tshirts one would wear while sitting on the deck or mowing the lawn.

While I am hardly the fashion police, it's just a little tacky.
Saw many of this Wednesday night in the YYZ Int'l MLL.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:34 am
Suspended

Q for Ben L

Why does AC not have a reasonable dress code in force for their Maple Leaf lounges and airplanes.

No barefoot no flip flops. No cutoffs or tank tops. Or whatever the case should be.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Just now!

Lady finishes helping herself to some pasta and then immediately licks her fingers and then proceeds to touch other public-touchable items in the food area including reaching for utensils.
I'd have been tempted to ostentatiously follow her around and use hand sanitizer on everything that she touched.

Or, if I was feeling less passive-aggressive and more just plain aggressive, scream "OMG! I think that woman has thrush/the flu/Ebola!"

Old May 29, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Allvest
barefoot
I've seen this a handful of times as well in the YYZ Int'l MLL - walking around like it was home sweet home.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Allvest
Q for Ben L

Why does AC not have a reasonable dress code in force for their Maple Leaf lounges and airplanes.

No barefoot no flip flops. No cutoffs or tank tops. Or whatever the case should be.
What is this, the 70s? Granted, I don't run around in shorts and a tank top, but I'm sitting in the LaGuardia MLL right now, jeans and a t-shirt, and based on the last time I saw a mirror, I look like complete crap. You try looking decent after 18 hours in transit and 3-4 hours of broken sleep - even in J.

I'd say this goes for someone stuck in Y even more. If someone is stuffed in the back for a long haul, I will not fault them for wearing their most comfortable clothes on top of putting them through that hell. Only caveat being possibly unhealthy stuff.

If we want to complain about something, how about the guy sitting across from me chewing so loudly I think I hear it echo.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by epiphani
What is this, the 70s? Granted, I don't run around in shorts and a tank top, but I'm sitting in the LaGuardia MLL right now, jeans and a t-shirt, and based on the last time I saw a mirror, I look like complete crap. You try looking decent after 18 hours in transit and 3-4 hours of broken sleep - even in J.

I'd say this goes for someone stuck in Y even more. If someone is stuffed in the back for a long haul, I will not fault them for wearing their most comfortable clothes on top of putting them through that hell. Only caveat being possibly unhealthy stuff.

If we want to complain about something, how about the guy sitting across from me chewing so loudly I think I hear it echo.
Why can't one be comfortably dressed in nice clothes? I don't buy this argument. I hear this all the time from guys who are like...well suits are stuffy and it restricts my movement. Buy a better suit?*

* = I don't wear suits for a living, I only do so on occasion but I have never had an uncomfortable suit.

I feel like i'm slumming it with dress pants, dress shoes and a polo. But hey, that's just me. My wife asked me to slum it to the YVR Do in track pants and a tshirt. Even for a Do I felt that wasn't appropriate...
Old May 29, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Why can't one be comfortably dressed in nice clothes? I don't buy this argument. I hear this all the time from guys who are like...well suits are stuffy and it restricts my movement. Buy a better suit?*

* = I don't wear suits for a living, I only do so on occasion but I have never had an uncomfortable suit.

I feel like i'm slumming it with dress pants, dress shoes and a polo. But hey, that's just me. My wife asked me to slum it to the YVR Do in track pants and a tshirt. Even for a Do I felt that wasn't appropriate...
For the frequent fliers, buying nice comfortable clothes might be in budget. My comments were more about dress code for the flights. MLLs I can see having a dress code. If someone has scraped together enough for a pair of tango flights for a vacation or something, I don't think we need to be pushing a dress code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.