Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by SteadyAT

Summertime travel sees this not only in the lounges but also in the air. Sigh...
I thought vaping wasn't allowed in either... I'm pretty sure I heard announcements to that effect in the air on my last few flights if not longer... Can't say for the lounge, but definitely for the flights.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
yes they specifically mention no vaping on flights now.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
I thought vaping wasn't allowed in either... I'm pretty sure I heard announcements to that effect in the air on my last few flights if not longer... Can't say for the lounge, but definitely for the flights.
Sorry, to clarify, I was only referring to the "looking comfortable" part of WTME's post.
That said, on a narrow-body (YYZ to YVR) a few months ago, the young guy next to me in Business Class definitely let out a puff of vapors when I was just returning from the lav. His head was turned towards the window and he quickly was doing something with his hand in his bag. And he gave me a big guilty smile when I returned to my seat, but didn't do it again.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
0500 in YHZ MLL.

There is myself, a solo woman, and another solo male traveler. One couple with a baby, and one party of 10, ages 0 to dirt.

Party of 10 possibly still drunk? Their natural voice level seems to be "yelling". Engaging with the couple on trivial issues, 3 rows away, at the necessary "screaming" level.

Looking forward to the peace and quiet of a q400
douglasr and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
0500 in YHZ MLL.

There is myself, a solo woman, and another solo male traveler. One couple with a baby, and one party of 10, ages 0 to dirt.

Party of 10 possibly still drunk? Their natural voice level seems to be "yelling". Engaging with the couple on trivial issues, 3 rows away, at the necessary "screaming" level.

Looking forward to the peace and quiet of a q400
Follow up: so too were the Hatfield's and McCoy's heading to YUL.

Quiet on the opup to ORD, though.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: status-free
Montreal domestic lounge. Dude filling his backpack with little yogurts is complaining to staff because there are no plastic spoons.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by biglinguist
Montreal domestic lounge. Dude filling his backpack with little yogurts is complaining to staff because there are no plastic spoons.
I can't stand grifters like that.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
I can never understand why people talk on the phone at a volume on the phone that is clearly audible in a 50' radius, like they're presenting on front of a huge room of people.

Yes, guy in YYZ transborder, I am talking to you.
douglasr and smallmj like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by biglinguist
And I guess no one told staff to make him stop stealing and put the items back?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by mapleg
I can't stand grifters like that.
I have occasionally grabbed a banana and yogurt (and a metal spoon) to go for a morning YYC-YVR flight in J, when I'm late and don't have time to eat and I'm not interested in the on-board omelette -- but I always feel awkward about it. Oh, and I return the spoon on the flight, of course.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I can never understand why people talk on the phone at a volume on the phone that is clearly audible in a 50' radius, like they're presenting on front of a huge room of people.

Yes, guy in YYZ transborder, I am talking to you.
OMG there was some loud guy at the domestic in YVR couple weeks ago. Going on and on about some 'deal' and 'inventory' and other nonsense no-one cares about.

Mr.super important widget salesman, shhhhhh and let me enjoy my vacation!
RatherBeInYOW likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by rankourabu
OMG there was some loud guy at the domestic in YVR couple weeks ago. Going on and on about some 'deal' and 'inventory' and other nonsense no-one cares about.

I actually think that instead of "mobile/cell free zones" that MLL should have quarantined areas for them. And then everywhere else should be treated like a quasi library.

When my family and I travel, my kids (age 9 and 7) are pre-warned that we will leave immediately if they are loud, argue or misbehave in any manner. And this is a big deal because in the weeks leading up to a trip all they seem to want to talk about is the visit to the lounge.
YVRtoYYZ and Twickenham like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by douglasr
And this is a big deal because in the weeks leading up to a trip all they seem to want to talk about is the visit to the lounge.

Clearly future FT members!
douglasr likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu

Just begin to engage in the conversation.

"Hi everyone. RangerNS here. Sorry, I just got to the lounge. What is this call about? Who are you?"
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by douglasr
I actually think that instead of "mobile/cell free zones" that MLL should have quarantined areas for them. And then everywhere else should be treated like a quasi library.

When my family and I travel, my kids (age 9 and 7) are pre-warned that we will leave immediately if they are loud, argue or misbehave in any manner. And this is a big deal because in the weeks leading up to a trip all they seem to want to talk about is the visit to the lounge.
Create a pen for all the loud children and loud "businessmen" and let them fight it out?
BadgerBoi, douglasr and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.