Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by elenea86
These folks were in there with stained shirts, sweat pants and looked like they just got off an 8hrs bus ride.
Could have been a 10 hour rouge flight? Less room than a bus ride actually
Plumber likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Could have been a 10 hour rouge flight? Less room than a bus ride actually
Ha, I was actually waiting for my YUL -> LAS flight to board on AC rouge. I need to fly that route regularly for work and I refuse to do it in economy cabin.

Not trying to be mean but I don't think they would have fit in the business class seats on rouge...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Moreover, doesn't Air Canada say in their MLL rules that you need to dress relatively appropriately in their MML? These folks were in there with stained shirts, sweat pants and looked like they just got off an 8hrs bus ride. I like the MLL for the quiet and peace and not for the folks that want to brag to their friends that they have lounge access.
They must've received Roots swag on a previous AC flight.

AFAIK, the "dress code" is more like the standard "must wear a shirt and footwear at all times in establishment" sort of thing (the gist of it).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Moreover, doesn't Air Canada say in their MLL rules that you need to dress relatively appropriately in their MML? These folks were in there with stained shirts, sweat pants and looked like they just got off an 8hrs bus ride. I like the MLL for the quiet and peace and not for the folks that want to brag to their friends that they have lounge access.
I was in a MLL yesterday after getting off an 8 hour flight, while waiting for a 5 hour flight. What would you recommend someone wear in that situation? Because it certainly needs to be comfortable.
acse17 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
On Monday I was in the MLL after a 14-hour flight and waited to get on a five-hour, then a further one-hour flight, but that was canceled and placed on a four-hour flight!

I was dressed to be comfortable and thoughtful of the extreme temperature transition I would be going through, so I did not give a C$%*$ what others may have thought of my attire!

Too many people judge others by their clothing, skin colour and age.....we are too judgemental of society now!

I was also sporting a two-month-old unkept beard, unshaven and I looked as I was either a homeless man or potential Taliban candidate! I wrote into AC to compliment the crew on my flight as the crew on my flight did not judge me based on my appearance and judged me based on my charismatic friendly and funny demeanor> Crew were professional and respectful.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:58 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I believe that most of the time people will be wearing what they believe to be standard/regular/appropriate attire. I certainly do.
Nonetheless , certain situations I’ve been in when I needed to travel , I’ve had to say to myself, Hmm, I’m really not dressed the way I want for travel…. But I need to travel, so, so be it.
It happens. I suspect some of the experiences or observations listed earlier in the thread may account for this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
On Monday I was in the MLL after a 14-hour flight and waited to get on a five-hour, then a further one-hour flight, but that was canceled and placed on a four-hour flight!

I was dressed to be comfortable and thoughtful of the extreme temperature transition I would be going through, so I did not give a C$%*$ what others may have thought of my attire!

Too many people judge others by their clothing, skin colour and age.....we are too judgemental of society now!

I was also sporting a two-month-old unkept beard, unshaven and I looked as I was either a homeless man or potential Taliban candidate! I wrote into AC to compliment the crew on my flight as the crew on my flight did not judge me based on my appearance and judged me based on my charismatic friendly and funny demeanor> Crew were professional and respectful.
As long as your hands are not in the food serving trays, or reloading dirty dishes, I don't think anyone cares about your attire.
rickg523 likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Someone is on Facetime in YYT MLL with the volume on full blast.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by codfather
Go over and join the conversation. Wave too.
tcook052, HerpaYvr, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The RCHHMP here will tell you that it's ok for them to Facetime with the volume at full blast and that it's your fault for not wearing earplugs.
Bohemian1 and codfather like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The RCHHMP here will tell you that it's ok for them to Facetime with the volume at full blast and that it's your fault for not wearing earplugs.
What I do then, when in good shape, is beginning to sing. Which of course is not allowed.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Go over and join the conversation. Wave too.
That would have been a fantastic idea! I am not sure if the person on Facetime would have liked that, but YMMV...
marke190 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
YYC MLL : just saw a guy brushing his teeth next to the bar
Old May 29, 2019, 11:01 am

The cringe-worthy bathroom music in the YYT MLL! My friend @marke190 and I are just hoping it changes soon, it is way too sensual!

Old May 29, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
The cringe-worthy bathroom music in the YYT MLL! My friend @marke190 and I are just hoping it changes soon, it is way too sensual!

That's another reason why I fill a reusable mug with coffee for later instead of drinking it in the MLL, so I don't have to hear the washroom music as much

We shouldn't be complaining about this MLL washroom though, at least all of the urinals are functioning unlike YUL DOM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.