Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by smallmj
How about "Ewwww"

or to lounge staff in a slightly too loud voice

"Excuse me sir/madam, can you make sure that somebody cleans that table after that gentleman is done airing out his feet?"

Sorry, I'm feeling more passive aggressive than usual today.
This is why a small purse size can of Ozium comes in handy - if sitting nearby someone doing this, just pull it out and spray their feet. Kill two birds with one stone - feet and table are disinfected, and the message is delivered.
PointWeasel and smallmj like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
YYC at 5:30 AM and watching the news on the big screen. Woman over starts yapping on the phone, i am watching the news..... i got up and sat next to her and starting smiling at her, just as someone who just got out of prison after 15 years would

She stopped and moved! ^

I said nothing, nothing at all, it was all in the body language so its true what they say, we communicate 80% with our body.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190
Recently in YDF I overheard two men bragging to each other about how, on their way to the oilfields, they would drink copious amounts of beer in the MLL to the point of not remembering the next flight.

The same guys joined their friends in the YHZ MLL who had taken over the entire food/drinks area and were very talking to each other very loudly. Almost made me wish that someone was on a speakerphone call to drown out the swearing and banter.
I was in the YYT MLL in late December, and the man behind me was acting in a similar disgusting manner. Every second word was an f-bomb in his rather loud conversation with someone on the phone. I don't like to use the term rig pig, but this man certainly fits the description!

This was almost as bad as the pigs who frequent YYZ Dom. MLL and are always getting hammered in the food/drink area...

Words cannot express my frustration!
marke190 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

While this did not occur on Air Canada, I feel it is worth noting.

I was flying on Provincial Airlines from YYR-YDF two years ago, and I ended up on the flight with all the shift workers. The flight, of course, had to correspond with payday. The end result of this was about 25 men being absolutely loaded for the duration of the flight. It got to the point where they were constantly flirting with the flight attendants, pre-paying for the next beer, etc.

To put it bluntly, I could not wait to get the hell off that flight...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
I think it's a woman. I could be wrong but I see painted toenail and a handbag of sorts.
These days, body decorations and accessories are less-reliable indicators of gender.
canadiancow and codfather like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by codfather
I was in the YYT MLL in late December, and the man behind me was acting in a similar disgusting manner. Every second word was an f-bomb in his rather loud conversation with someone on the phone. I don't like to use the term rig pig, but this man certainly fits the description!
This reminds me of a several months back at the YYZ TB MLL early morning. This was a businessperson looking all flashy talking on their SPEAKERPHONE in the lounge. This individual was clearly upset and was yelling numerous four letter words and offensive phrases I did not even exist! To top it off all there was a kid around the age of 6 I'd estimate maybe about 10 feet away. I went up to the "exec" and started shaking my head. He ignored me initially but when I started to do so violently up in his grill he got the message

Originally Posted by codfather
This was almost as bad as the pigs who frequent YYZ Dom. MLL and are always getting hammered in the food/drink area...
I can't understand how someone could get hammered on food. Normally when I over-indulge in food, I end up being in a meat-coma where every movement or action on my end feels like I'm running a marathon!
marke190 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Re: photo with barefeet on table. I wouldn't be able to show restraint in this situation... I'd be Constable YVR72.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
I can't understand how someone could get hammered on food. Normally when I over-indulge in food, I end up being in a meat-coma where every movement or action on my end feels like I'm running a marathon!
Wow! They now serve meat at MLL’s?! Hot dang, AC bringing out the big guns!
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by eracerblue
Wow! They now serve meat at MLL’s?! Hot dang, AC bringing out the big guns!
I do recall seeing Asian style chicken in the MLL INTL lounge at YYZ before. I also distinctly recall there being roast beef at the YUL around New Years time. Sometimes AC does surprise and delight
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I do recall seeing Asian style chicken in the MLL INTL lounge at YYZ before. I also distinctly recall there being roast beef at the YUL around New Years time. Sometimes AC does surprise and delight
And occasionally Halley's Comet happens by.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:52 am

Hahahahahahaha...

Maybe it was time for a BVRG!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
A typical single-user configuration at the crowded LAX MLL on Sunday afternoon. Note strategic placement of bag, jacket, and power cord to discourage usage of nearby seats. And yes, the power outlet next to the person's seat was functional (I checked).

Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by roadracer
A typical single-user configuration at the crowded LAX MLL on Sunday afternoon. Note strategic placement of bag, jacket, and power cord to discourage usage of nearby seats. And yes, the power outlet next to the person's seat was functional (I checked).

Clearly that passenger thought they were in the Signature Suite lounge

-James

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 27, 2019 at 5:36 am Reason: off topic
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks, a number of off topic posts have been deleted as this thread isn't about other airline lounges at LAX but rather "Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL" so please stick to that topic.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Clearly that passenger thought they were in the Signature Suite lounge

-James
I don't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.