Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Well, there was that time at ORD where I saw a peacock in the UC

There's also the people who go into the lounge like they own the place. Neither are they the dime a dozen SEs nor are they the garden variety *Golds. Instead, they are flying on an érrorplan J reward flight to Santa Banana! In addition some "buy" into the lounge and figure their $25-$50 entitles them to be a douché. I would presume (and fellow FTers correct me if I'm wrong here) that the most common source of MLL passes are from colleagues who are AC elites. Presumably those elites have the same sensibilities of us on FT and wouldn't associate themselves with such bottom feeders

-James
Some of them are on Premium Rouge for their annual family holiday. Since they have paid for 'First' they make every effort to use it and remind everyone that they are using it.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by vernonc
Some of them are on Premium Rouge for their annual family holiday. Since they have paid for 'First' they make every effort to use it and remind everyone that they are using it.
A SEMM just Sunday laid his soft briefcase satchel thing flat and wide in a MAX bin, making no effort to minimize its space usage by placing it like a functioning adult human who can read iconography and listen to verbal directions would do.

Ignorance and impropriety does not discriminate. It his the experienced, the noobs, the rich and the poor.

Last edited by RangerNS; Feb 5, 2019 at 4:16 pm Reason: dropped a d
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Are these people being gifted MLL passes?
No, they're being gifted E35K and E50K.

Ducks out backwards

canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No, they're being gifted E35K and E50K.

Ducks out backwards

Gifted passes from gifted E35K and E50K. Ducking out too
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Ignorance and impropriety does not discriminate. It his the experienced, the noobs, the rich and the poor.
Agreed. Inconsiderate behaviour is not limited to any one demographic. DYKWIA FFs are just as guilty of obnoxious behaviour as fly-once-to-see-grandma-types.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I was in the YHZ MLL last week at 5:30am and a woman had a loud Facetime call on speaker for about 10 minutes. Everyone in the lounge could hear the entire, inane conversation.

I was very, very tempted to walk over and give her the evil eye and a set of headphones.

Probably good thing I didn't, as the woman ended up sitting next to me in J. Pretty sure I snored the entire flight, so I guess we are even!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Agreed. Inconsiderate behaviour is not limited to any one demographic. DYKWIA FFs are just as guilty of obnoxious behaviour as fly-once-to-see-grandma-types.
Hmm. I want to believe you, but not quite sure after what I have witnessed of late.

I have no hesitation in walking up to someone on Facetime handsfree. And I fear that YYZ is worse than YYC and YVR, but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Recently in YDF I overheard two men bragging to each other about how, on their way to the oilfields, they would drink copious amounts of beer in the MLL to the point of not remembering the next flight.

The same guys joined their friends in the YHZ MLL who had taken over the entire food/drinks area and were very talking to each other very loudly. Almost made me wish that someone was on a speakerphone call to drown out the swearing and banter.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:48 am

Words fail me.

Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by lallied
Words fail me.
How about "Ewwww"

or to lounge staff in a slightly too loud voice

"Excuse me sir/madam, can you make sure that somebody cleans that table after that gentleman is done airing out his feet?"

Sorry, I'm feeling more passive aggressive than usual today.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by smallmj
How about "Ewwww"

or to lounge staff in a slightly too loud voice

"Excuse me sir/madam, can you make sure that somebody cleans that table after that gentleman is done airing out his feet?"

Sorry, I'm feeling more passive aggressive than usual today.

I think it's a woman. I could be wrong but I see painted toenail and a handbag of sorts.

Also, I think she's related to the feet-on-MLL table-woman who was in the YVR International Nov 2017 and whom the lounge agent refused to confront (my photos posted way upthread).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:14 pm

Not trying to defend anyone, but what’s the purpose of the table? Too low for food or laptop. For feet, perfect height

I was eating at one of the MLL tables, and I was wondering why can’t they make the table higher. That would reduce the chance of people putting their feet there.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
Not trying to defend anyone, but what’s the purpose of the table? Too low for food or laptop. For feet, perfect height

I was eating at one of the MLL tables, and I was wondering why can’t they make the table higher. That would reduce the chance of people putting their feet there.
Sadly not long enough though to support nail clipping. Looks like I'll need to use the sink of the Admirals lounge after I shower next time I'm there!

-James
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso

Sadly not long enough though to support nail clipping. Looks like I'll need to use the sink of the Admirals lounge after I shower next time I'm there!

-James
Careful, I remember a few years back there was a discussion about the dirty floor in the lavs or maybe in the lounge washrooms, someone posted “real men use the sink” Just an FYI.

Edit: FOund
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26866782-post22.html

Last edited by songsc; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:08 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I was in the YHZ MLL last week at 5:30am and a woman had a loud Facetime call on speaker for about 10 minutes. Everyone in the lounge could hear the entire, inane conversation.

I was very, very tempted to walk over and give her the evil eye and a set of headphones.

Probably good thing I didn't, as the woman ended up sitting next to me in J. Pretty sure I snored the entire flight, so I guess we are even!
I've asked passengers in lounges to not broadcast their calls on speaker and use their headphones. They apologize and grab their headphones or put down their devices. They tend to realize that their behaviour is impacting others negatively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.