Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by JetLife
It's hard to believe people like this exist. I would be tempted to toss his stuff on the ground and sit there anyway.
People like this exist, and the best way to deal with them is not to stoop to their lows.

The gentlemen who offered his seat demonstrated precisely the kind of response Mr. Air Chair deserved.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim

People like this exist, and the best way to deal with them is not to stoop to their lows.

The gentlemen who offered his seat demonstrated precisely the kind of response Mr. Air Chair deserved.
Agree with you here. These are the same low-lifes that are gate-lice trying very hard to be that person at the front of the line. Life is too short to get in arguments with inconsequential people who are more concerned about being a "winner," than doing something meaningful in life.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Attitude means a lot more than altitude!"

-James
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I would have offered Mr. Important a drink or something after being settled in the other seat that was offered.

"I was just going to grab a drink - can I get you anything?"

The best way to show someone what a complete <insert unkind word of your choosing here> they have been is to be extra gracious and kind. They will at first treat you with suspicion but within moments they will reflect on the fact that they acted like an idiot.

Either that or they'll tell you to **** off.
Plumber and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
The best way to show someone what a complete <insert unkind word of your choosing here> they have been is to be extra gracious and kind. They will at first treat you with suspicion but within moments they will reflect on the fact that they acted like an idiot.
^ Kill them with kindness!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I
"I was just going to grab a drink - can I get you anything?"
"I was just going to grab a drink - can I get you and your coat anything?"
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
^ Kill them with kindness!
You're all way too Canadian - just throw the bags on the floor in front of the jerk and sit down.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
You're all way too Canadian - just throw the bags on the floor in front of the jerk and sit down.
And risk getting into a fight?

Go get a lounge employee and report the issue.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I take serious pride in being a polite Canadian!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by meagicano
Some guy in the YOW lounge just refused to move his backpack & coat to give someone a seat.

Them: "Are you waiting for someone?"
Him: "No"
Them: "well, there aren't enough chairs"
Him: "I'm using it"
Guy on the other side of him "I'm leaving in 2 minutes, you can have my chair"

Like.... wow.
This might be a good case for a little "crop dusting"

Some people are real douche bags
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Agree with you here. These are the same low-lifes that are gate-lice trying very hard to be that person at the front of the line. Life is too short to get in arguments with inconsequential people who are more concerned about being a "winner," than doing something meaningful in life.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Attitude means a lot more than altitude!"

-James
If attitude means a lot more, is calling some others at the airport "inconsequential people" a good attitude to have? Just asking.
canadiancow and JordanYVR like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
What’s the deal with your loud phone calls in the MLL?

It blows me away how many people decide to have loud (and confidential) phone calls right in the middle of the MLL. I’m sitting in a lounge right now and one guy with a booming voice is annoying the hell out of the people around him and I know where he works, what his business is and some of the names of the people he does business with.

Another guy is pacing back and forth in the middle of the food service area, clearly having a heated fight with AC reservations.

This isn’t uncommon - people are just ignorant and quite unprofessional these days. (This guy from Ryerson seems like quite a D-bag too. :-)
Twickenham and Queen B like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVR72
It blows me away how many people decide to have loud (and confidential) phone calls right in the middle of the MLL. I’m sitting in a lounge right now and one guy with a booming voice is annoying the hell out of the people around him and I know where he works, what his business is and some of the names of the people he does business with.

Another guy is pacing back and forth in the middle of the food service area, clearly having a heated fight with AC reservations.

This isn’t uncommon - people are just ignorant and quite unprofessional these days. (This guy from Ryerson seems like quite a D-bag too. :-)
Is the former-described person in a cell-free zone of the MLL? Which MLL is this?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
The fact that mobile-free zones exist at all just reinforces the fact that this is a problem. And, even if you are not in a mobile-free zone, common courtesy is to try to be discrete and respect others around you. Its like “man-spreading” the way some of these guys yell at their phones: “Just listen to how big my balls are!”.

By the way, the mobile-free zone in the YYZ domestic lounge is far from mobile-free.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The fact that mobile-free zones exist at all just reinforces the fact that this is a problem. And, even if you are not in a mobile-free zone, common courtesy is to try to be discrete and respect others around you. Its like “man-spreading” the way some of these guys yell at their phones: “Just listen to how big my balls are!”.

By the way, the mobile-free zone in the YYZ domestic lounge is far from mobile-free.
Yeah, I was just curious.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Air Canada would be better off if they sawed YYZ DOM off from the rest of the terminal and then launched it in to the sun.
YVR72, eracerblue and pappypappy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.